Keystone rifles have sort of snuck up on me ......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Keystone rifles have sort of snuck up on me ......

Post by wm »

I dismissed Keystone rifles as that little kids rifle company and never gave them much thought.

Well at the range today a fellow shooter was shooting some impressive rimfire groups so I took a closer look at his rifle as I did not recognize it. It was a Keystone 722. Handosme little rifle and plenty accurate. Nice feel to it as well.

So naturally I had to come home and look them up. Keystone product line is a good bit more then starter rifles these days.

https://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com/

https://grabagun.com/keystone-722-varmi ... m-pkg.html
( The version that caught my attention ………… not exactly starter gun inexpensive!!!)

http://americanshootingjournal.com/gun- ... ounds-722/

Wm
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Keystone rifles have sort of snuck up on me ......

Post by GunnyMack »

I do like that varminter model myself! As for the other wood stocks- yuck- terrible lines through the action/forearm .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I like the magazines. Slick little numbers, unlike anything else on the market right now.

The Simmons scope is alright but I could definitely imagine me upgrading that at some point if the rifle I bought warranted it. The bipod is nice.

If I still had the option of hunting the apple orchard I used to use for small game hunting, I could definitely imagine using this on the hill looking down.

Wm
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

My first thought was that "I have never heard of Keystone rifles". Then I see they make the Cricket. I must have had my Cricket for 15 years or so... it's been the first gun for lotsa' g and gg kids around these parts. It's awfully nice to have a rifle sized right for a 7 - year old when you want to start 'em out.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

earlmck wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 pm My first thought was that "I have never heard of Keystone rifles". Then I see they make the Cricket. I must have had my Cricket for 15 years or so... it's been the first gun for lotsa' g and gg kids around these parts. It's awfully nice to have a rifle sized right for a 7 - year old when you want to start 'em out.

I have one of those tiny cricketts with the fiber optic sights.....a little awkward to cheek but it is quite the carpenter bee slayer with ratshot.
m.A.g.a. !
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I bought my first Cricket about 2 months ago. Well when O got it out of the box it seemed to small for me. So I took it to my son’s house and he will watch over it until my Grandson grows into it. I mean what kinda wacko would buy a 1 month old a rifle??? :roll: :lol:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My son had one of those Crickett rifles. After he was done with it, we gave it to a friend with young boys. It was surprisingly accurate. It was silent when using Colibri rounds.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I would like to try one of their mini mosin rifles
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I see they also have the rights to the Chipmunks. Those were designed and first manufactured in the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon some years ago. Good little .22s.