Range time w/ the Marlin CST

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Range time w/ the Marlin CST

Post by 2ndovc »

Finally had some time to get out to the range to sight in the scout scope on the Marlin CST.

I got it on paper at 25 yds with some .38 Spl. 158 gr LRN handloads. Moved back to 50 yds. with some Federal/ American Eagle 158 gr JSPs. First shot went a little high, overcorrected and #2 was low. next three went into 3/4". Overall 5 shots off a rest was 2 1/2". I thought I'd grabbed a box of .357 handloads, but I left them sitting on my bench. :shock:

I really like this little carbine. It feeds and functions with everything I run through it. I burnt up a couple partial boxes of .38 Specials ringing a gong at 75 yds. That was a hoot.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Range time w/ the Marlin CST

Post by FWiedner »

I noticed your diagram related to sight alignment at the upper right.

Do you aim center bull or 6 O' clock?

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Fred,

With a scope I aim dead center of the bullseye. With open sights I usually shoot at the 6:00 on the target. Always shot that way for some reason.
We didn't have many scoped rifles when I was a kid. My dad was all about open sights, even with his Mr. Magoo glasses. I still only have a handful and half or those are scout scopes.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

2ndovc wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:41 pm Fred,

With a scope I aim dead center of the bullseye. With open sights I usually shoot at the 6:00 on the target. Always shot that way for some reason.

jb 8)
Works for me too.
Have you hugged your rifle today?