The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

I am alive. Work has been crazy. Got a chance to spend a whole evening with my Son and Grandson. Work was crazy. We got Mrs fordwannabe’s car back from the mechanic and it needed more re of my attention. Work was crazy busy. My F-I-L had a birthday then fell mowing the grass and he has needed assistance. Pre inspecting my truck which needs PA state inspection this month. And getting her pickup ready to pull the bed this weekend and start putting cab corners AND full rocker panels it a crew cab too.Blah blah blah. I think it’s called life. We are all good. Made it to Oaks yesterday. Bought a Marlin on Tuesday and sold it yesterday for a nice profit. Then went around searching for old bullet tips. Found a half box of 338fp for $10 a couple boxes for the .375 Winchester and a old canvas and leather takedown case that I hope will fit one of my rifles. Passed on a couple guns Including a Marlin 336sc. 1949. He didn’t know the model or year of production or that the buttstock had been replaced. Then got an attitude about the buttstock thing (which was Sooooo obvious). I walked. Ok off to work I go. See ya guys
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I WIN I WIN.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Imagine that....a stranger winning....but ......who wants to win page 13?......yea Tom.....did ya see the model 71's there?

ZZ Bird Man.....did ya see anything new at Bernville Auto Parts?

Yea...I knew better than to use a revolver that I was very familiar with, but with very different loads and little to no sight work.

I was even telling a few guys there.....on the way home from a match, everybody forgets what everyone else did on their scores.....the winner might be remembered for two days and then it's back to a clean slate.-----6
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I bet I saw 8-10 71s . I did not see ANY under 1900
It’s raining in Bernville
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Ohhhhhh! Gunnnnyyy
I remember you telling me you are currently without a levergun. Well my day got all fahutzed and work was cancelled due in part to family stuff part weather (long story) and part computer upgrades so I went to Cabela to pick up a tree stand they had on hold for me.
In the used rack they have a 1894 long wood, flat band made 43-48 in 32ws for$450. Just sayin
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tom Who? :D
I was half tempted to swing into cabelas on my way home but it was raining and I was in the left lane hell bent for leather!! Rained on the way out and all the way home.
Shot purdy good today, 18x20 with the 12 ga, tie for second but I didnt play the option ($$$) . Tried the 410, only broke 1- wrong gun, wrong chokes. I was the only guy to bring a 28 so I 'WON' that . Then we did a low gun 10 bird and I tied for 1st, again no option so no win.
182 miles round trip. I'm beat, Hey Corn Pop wanna clean my guns for me? :lol:

$450 ?! Was it drug down 61 before they put it on the rack ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I know the people that price them a Cabela s and they don’t know long wood from short. Flat band , pre war ect,it’s a thutty thutty to them. A LOT of hands had wrapped around that receiver in the last 70 plus years but not horrible. Much better shape than the 1973 30-30 with a layer of rust and a crack in the stock for the same $450. Dunno.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah gotcha! The unedjumecated operating the price gun!
Duh- I put your care package in the mail and I was out THERE today! Oh well, now that I'm 50 I guess I can have moments where mind and body dont jive!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thats $450 worth of junk........it's for a beginner.......remember..condition sells while junk is junk and always will be junk.

ZZ Top Man....good shootin'! No rain here at all...yet...you need a break...go play with the dogs and put those guns in a sonic cleaner.

182 miles? Don't think I drove that much in the last month.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, primed 59 32-20s. First use of the Frankford Arsenal hand primer. 59 ... you guessed it, lost a primer.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

91miles out, 91 miles back. After I got home, gave the girls some luvvin, cleand the 410, showered and sat down with ' The Cold Dish'. The first of the Longmire books. Good read so far!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...good luck today on the new job!!!!!!........make lots of money as I get my check in 8 days. :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thank Jack- much appreciated!

Never said I didn't have any lever guns, said I don't have a Winchester :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK....looks like a dead Monday......nuttin' going on?.........Gunny and Tom are working......Old Savage still loading 32-20's.....Griff in what state?......Jay is doing what they do in Maine.....FI..I'm going back to bed ---6
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My apologies Gunny. I misunderstanded.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

LUNCH!!
Well so far I've wired a control panel, no idea exactly what it does yet. Filled out a bunch of paper work and helped realign part of a feed roller assembly. So far so good!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

LUNCH!!!! That's great! How about breaks? As a Teamster we used to take "work breaks" which is when we worked, maybe 15 minutes ...three or four times a day. The rest of the time it was hanging out in the lunchroom, back of the warehouse (with our forklifts turned off so we could hear the bosses coming)...bathroom (always with a newspaper)....----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sounds like the National Guard.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sooo how did the rest of the day go???
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh boy! They must have Gunny working overtime......never saw him this quiet........probably came home and found the house tore all to heck........the dogs don't like it when your gone that long and will gladly show their displeasure. ---- :D 6----- :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I forgot to check in! Actually I did check in when I got home but I had a bunch of stuff to do and never got back on.
The second half of the day I was part of taking a conveyor apart, it wasn't tracking correctly. We found it was out of square. When I left at 4 They were just getting ready to test it again.

Got home, took the dogs out, then went to check on neighbor, leukemia survivor but she has been having other medical issues, back to feed the dogs, showered, had dinner and then read for an hour or so before bed.

This morning all hounds started at 0245- KNOCK IT OFF!! Tossed till 0440 and got up!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I was out the door at 0450 this morning. Didn’t get to the office until 0605 as somebody decided to driver side park a rig in the comedian on 81 just outside Harrisburg.
50 years ago today my in laws welcomed a baby girl into this world.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Early today.....8 a.m.....got a chiropractor appointment in a couple of hours.....something told me the world is out of balance...you know, bad vibes. My day started by looking out the window and seeing Stonewall in the yard. Instead of patching the fence, the whole thing needs to come down and new everything. F. T.

Glad to see Gunny is fitting in....takes a few weeks and you will be farting with the boys and telling off color jokes. Wish the best for your neighbor....makes our problems small by comparison.

Tom...your sweetheart is 50? Spring chicken....hey! Her and Gunny are only a few days apart in life.

Gotta go drop off an Adam Schiff.----6

Oh Guuuuuunnnnnnyyyyy! Lookee at the T Shirt that came with the coffee today! No! You can't have it!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS FORDWANNABE!!
I think she needs a puppy for her big day!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

BITE YOUR TONGUE! Gunny.
Three is plenty.
Well my day went a little sideways. I got notified that scammers got $1500. Out of my checking this morning. Aaarrrgggh. It will be replaced but I cannot stand a thief.
I would spend more time “in the house” for what I would do to them if I could get my hands on them, than they would get for stealing my money.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Aw man that SUCKS!! I'm right there with ya, like to skin these kind alive with a spoon !! Parker goes for her xrays on Tuesday, hips & elbows. If she gets the green light she will have a couple other health tests then off to the breeder on her next heat- THEN we'll talk puppies with your wife!! :lol:

I guess Stonewall is trying to actually see if the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Next to a child molester my most despised human is a thief. I'm saying this on a public forum but I'm going to feel sorry for the guy I catch stealing from me....after years of taking precautions and lots of money, I'm going to take my frustrations out on that thief. I've been told by more than one individual in my area ......don't mess with that nut (me) as he will shoot ya, then ask questions. Of course, I would not shoot someone for stealing but it works as a great deterrent. .......unless he is in my adobe and my adobe consists of my house, barn, garage, Jeep and anywhere if he has a weapon in his hand.

Stonewall did not look good today. I left him eat in the yard for 4-5 hours and he was laying down with lots of slobber coming out.....believe he got into a mess of clover.

Well Gunny.....how was day number 2? Did ya fanny burp on your buddies yet?....I would have on the first day to break em in right.---6 :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm ok, I'm ok!

Holy smokes! Let's see........
Gunny,
Hope the new job is going well, buddy.

FW,
Tell the Missus happy birthday!

OS,
Loadin' up some 32-20's. I think I've only loaded them once, for a buddy of mine.

And Six,
So you gonna be mendin' fence? Hope old Stonewall is ok. Clover make him sick?

Me?
I loaded up a ladder test for 300BO with some 125gr. Speer TNT'S. Got to about 2300fps and no pressure signs. At 18.3gr of H110, with a 2.100 COL, I got 5rnds into 7/8" at 100 yards. I bet with a good trigger that thing would cut a ragged hole. This cartridge is more fun than I've had in a long time.
The wife may do some hunting with my 10.5" 300BO this year. Gonna use my handload with the vaunted 110gr. Barnes TAC-TX. They run about 2450 from my 16" with 19gr. H110. Same load is about 2250 from the 10.5", but it isn't maxed out.

Now I have to load some 30-30's and and some 44's, if I have time.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So far so good Jay! Thanks for asking.

I remember years ago a friends horse got out while they were at work. It stayed in the yard eating green grass all day. The next day that horse painted it's stall and parts of the barn in a shade of brown that reminded us of what ya find in diapers, well it was what ya find in a diaper!

So yesterday the boss is walking around wearing an NRA LIFE MEMBER jacket. I said hey nice jacket! He says if ya like this you'll love this, his tshirt was BIKERS FOR TRUMP! These are a good bunch !

Naw Six you can keep your new tshirt, no pocket so I won't wear it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I KNEW I liked you Gunny! A pocket t-shirt is the test to see if it's a fella that knows what he's doing. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Jay.......how's your "T's"???? (mine are fine, thanks for asking).........thinking here...on the 300........well, yes, that's fine group work, under an inch......you guys can hunt with a semi?...cool........don't believe we could get away with that in Pa...(except for small game).......people would be blasting away as I remember when, upstate, as a youngster during deer season in the mid sixties, the WW2 vets would be blasting away with M-1 Carbines and Garands-----even though they were illegal to hunt with.

Well Gunny...ya lucked out...good for you.....how could anyone ask for a cooler boss...NRA lifer......It's either luck or there are so many of us it's becoming the norm...hopefully the latter.

Jay..
You can have my shirt if you want it. Gunny hurt my feelings.---6 :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My apologies Six, I meant no disrespect! :D

I heard PA is allowing semis to hunt with BUT they have to be flintlocks! :lol:

Pockets t shirts are great, probably the greatest thing after the wheel,gun powder and sliced bread!! :lol:

Midway having a sale on 300 BO ammo. Its Remington 220. You guys better get on the phone!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Six,
My T's are pocketed, of course. I guess I just assumed yours were too. Anyone with all those Colts and Winchesters......and Jeeps, must be pretty clever.
Yeah, we can hunt with semi's.....and suppressors if we like. AR's are pretty popular with kids because of the adjustable stocks. Only rule is 5 round mags. Doesn't apply to handguns so if you use an AR pistol......well.....I guess it's up to the operator. :D
Thanks Gunny. I have actually never fired and subsonic 300BO haha. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

All those Colts, Winchesters and Jeeps - he cant afford the pockets! :lol: :lol: :lol: ( sorry I'm in one of those moods to joke around)

Anyhow, if you look here, these are the machines I'm now a part of
www.kompactech.com.
At least I think that's the sight!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool, Gunny. I'm glad you are liking it.
I've been where I'm at for going on 32 years. Soooo.....the shine is off the apple. :D
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Roo

Post by Jay Bird »

Well..welll....YES Gunny, I saluted. :D (inside joke guys)

The company you work for sure is high tech. I checked on their available jobs .....for me.....and I didn't see any broom handlers, janitors, or parking lot attendants so I guess I can keep collecting those checks.

For your information "T's" are testicles...... :D ----6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:18 pm. Soooo.....the shine is off the apple. :D
I must warn you my fine friend......your last five years will be so bad that the apple will be rotten.....right down and including the core. I remember getting up at 5 on a 10 degree morning, starting up Ole Yeller, frozen, and frozen aaaallllllllllllllll the way to work as the heater is about worthless in the old Jeeps......yea......that whole 1 mile and 8 tenths with four right hand turns (no lights, one stop sign) was a miserable experience.

And when I got to work with my two union buddies, we HAD to have coffee, check email, sandwich time, bs time AFTER I punched in on company time.

You younguns have no idea what it was like in the old days.----6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Brrr, it's chilly here this morning- in the house! Haven't turned the thermostats up yet.

So what to buy with my first paycheck? It's going to be light as its only 1 week, we are paid every other. So I guess it'll just for dog food, gas and whatever I need, like match fees!

The telescammers were busy last night, they called me 5 times last night from my own number! Sure would like to skin these guys alive on public tv during the World Series!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well I got my money back from the scam. My credit union covered it but it is very scary how much information they had and that the number was spoofed( who knew about spoofing) to show up as the legit fraud department from my credit union. The whole world can kiss my nether regions I ain’t NEVER answering a phone again. If you want me leave a message and I will call you back.
Glad work is good Gunny.
All this talk about work is depressing I still got hunting season 2019, hunting season 2020, hunting season 2021, hunting season 2022, hunting season 2023, and hunting season 2024 to go before retiring. 63 months but who is counting 😎
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Scammers need to be boiled alive....I have a nephew, who is near my age, on my wife's side, :D , who has lived his life scamming people but has somehow avoided jail......in one house and outta there the next, in another nice house, one fancy car to another, hunting trips to Alaska, and this cat never held a job for more than a month. He knows better to step on my property.

First paycheck? Donate it! A worthy institution would be the S.S.F. Of Pa. (Sixgun Slush Fund of Pa.) :D or maybe the .O.S.S.S. of Cal. (Old Savage Soft Stuff)

Oh well.....other than dat, nuttin' going on. ---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

SSFPA - Are you a 501C3 charity ? I'm not sure YOU are a religion though! :lol:

So one of they guys here said dont be so willing to do everything or they will just keep piling more on ya. Yup it's the same all over!

Iim not sending any donations into the state of commiefornia, I know OS would only get about $.00009 after every other 'needy' ,homeless, drug addled and politition got their grubby hands on it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ain't that the truth! My BIL, on my side of the family, who builds houses for a living...or used to.....told me that the price of a house would be about half of what it is if it wasn't for every branch of government getting their hands on a piece of the pie.

Nice day today........walked around the yard.......ain't decided what I want to do yet....pretty much caught up, except for the fence...screw that.......maybe put that 4-14 Nikon on the old Winchester 72 and see what that does.---1
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

At the suggestion of someone here I bought a Glock knife. Very nice quality and a great value, thanks.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Six, as you know the medical profession has a lot of hands in the cookie jar also. In 2008 I was going through all the hoop jumping to have my gastric band surgery done and one of the requirements was a trip to the cardiologist. I said noooooo problem as they just 6 months prior had done a all day complete workup on me due to my cancer. Insurance called nope we don’t know him, hmmmm. I called, nope we don’t know you. Really? Because on this date at this time, Dr. :)(& saw me did a complete cardiac workup and said I was good to go. No we have no record. Soooo I made an appointment. Dr walks in the room listens to my heart for literally 15 seconds and you may have this, and you may have that blah blah. Funny I don’t have any symptoms of this and that. He gives me the “who do you think you are?” Look.
Well I am an RN( they never asked and I don’t volunteer such, so I can see what answers I get) AND 6 months ago this very business gave me a clean cardiac bill of health. I then handed it to him. He says well what do you think?
I THINK you were going to keep me from getting life altering surgery until you got your piece of the pie, but you got caught. I now wonder if you are doing this to me, what are you doing to older people who don’t know BS when they hear it! He threw the clearance form at me and said”you’re cleared get out of my office.” I did get out of his office called the complaint hotline for the healthcare system and splained it. Funny they could find my record from 6 months ago. Oh yeah I forgot. I told him to have a nice day as he was leaving.
You know he didn’t look good kinda flushed, shaking, looked like he was in pain... he should go see somebody about that🤗
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Tom....THAT was quite a story.....funny thing.....didn't surprise me a bit.......I loved it how you held back pertinent info. :D

One of the only good things about getting older is the massive (if you paid attention) accumulation of wisdom. I now can see right through doctors and their b.s.......at one time I put them really close to the Heavenly Father.......you know the whole story of my meniers and how I (Me) cured myself by the strange thing called the internet. Doctor after doctor after 3 ENT's.....if there was no money in it for them, they swept me to the side no matter how bad I showed them I wanted to be cured. A year out of my life because of their money schemes.....F. most of them from now on.

I can understand how car mechanics will try to get an extra buck out of you......."your brakes are getting low"..etc....but a DOCTOR? ......when an individual is suffering? ......----6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Those Glock knives dont have the greatest steel but ya can sharpen them with any rock ya can find! I used one for years for gutting deer, long enough to cut around the rectum in one fell swoop! And since they aren't terribly expensive if ya loose it oh well.

I say let Stonewall go free range, he will probably come back at night!

Seems like you caught that Dr ( or should we say Quack) flat footed and he had no idea how to react! Good on you Tom! Yes you are right, seniors are suckered each & every day !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Apparently the Glock Knife is made of 1095 steel at 55 Rockwell hardness. Most knives we see are 58-60. Characteristics will be a little different. Seems to take a sharp edge and should be easy to sharpen.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Don’t get me wrong, I have also met some outstanding doctors and some outstanding people who happen to be DR’s. Not the same thing.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Over prescribing is the norm, not the exception. I well remember the time when you had to pry medication from a doctor. They used to tell us, "just take an aspirin".

On another note, just got done watching the Trump rally in Mn......absolutely the BEST.......as far as I'm concerned, he was not hard enough on the left for the nonsense trouble they have been unjustifiably perpetrating on the President I voted for.

Let the Civil War begin---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My poor neighbor, in remission with her leukemia, her cancer meds are a grand a month, the meds can cause gout so on an anti gout med, she also has colitis, 2 melds for that and it goes on and on. I don't know how much money she puts out monthly but it's a lot even with Medicare!
The problem isn't with the docs, it's the insurance and pharmaceutical companies!!

Oh good I see LA is on fire again, ah never mind they have it under control.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!