H&R 929 barrel ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

H&R 929 barrel ??

Post by EdinCT »

Was shooting a H&R 929 and it shot terrible. It looks almost new but when opening the crane I noticed the barrel lead is so large that I could slide a loaded 22LR 1/2 inch into it? My buddy was looking for a trapping gun but I am not kidding You would need to get close to finish fur with this six inch barrel. Anyone have one and if so is this the way they made them or was this a freak that no one found?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: H&R 929 barrel ??

Post by GunnyMack »

Do you mean the throat? I have one around here somewhere, I'm still looking for parts for it. I'll have to see what the throat looks like.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

I have an old H&R 922 and 949 and a 22 LR. both go about a half inch in if you stick them in the throat end of the barrel
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Mossyoak how do they shoot? It seems like the slug will expand and have to contract again. I remember a women and her 999 that could really lay the shots in. She was making cans jump at 40 yards and my Dad said He couldn't believe it shot better that his colt. I no its not worth it but have to wonder if it were relined and a 11 degree taper put in the throat how would it shoot.
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

They both shoot ok you can hit tin cans with them at 20 feet can't complain with the fixed sights that are on them.

I don't shoot the 929 much and I mostly use the 949 with snake shot in it.

I had a 999 and I couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside with it.