See ya fellers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

See ya fellers

Post by Pitchy »

The BS is too deep for me , the mods are one sided and to me it`s all BS .
I`m a veteran that has morals and will try and stay obedient to God the loose attacks against good people is more than i can take i`ve tried to bee a friend to everyone but guess that isn't good enough
I`ll have to catch up with the friends that really care at a latter date because i`m really confused who`s a friend and who isn`t.
Carry on rifleman
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: See ya fellers

Post by piller »

I don't understand, but I am not going to ask. I hope you come back soon as I always enjoy your posts.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

piller wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:24 pm I don't understand, but I am not going to ask. I hope you come back soon as I always enjoy your posts.
Well go back and aback which ya can`t and read the garand thread.
I let a lot of things go but when someone says fat slugs need to be stamped out it gets my attention, bring it non u`m always ready for a bit of fun. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

VAYA CON DIOS, Pitchy - I'm gonna miss yer posts... :(

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I ain`t left yet but i wonder why when i got in a argument with another member a few years back OS told me i need to opoligize to the board the same don`t hols true now.
Ya know members i really don`t care, if things arn`t equal than what`s the point, i`m one of the few and don`t doubt me.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Don't know what happened and it doesn't matter. I need a break from this place sometimes too. There's a lot of stuff people say online that they sure wouldn't say to your face. Keep in touch, I think you have my email address. You're one of a kind Lenn, don't let the creeps get ya down!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pitchy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 pm
piller wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:24 pm I don't understand, but I am not going to ask. I hope you come back soon as I always enjoy your posts.
Well go back and aback which ya can`t and read the garand thread.
I let a lot of things go but when someone says fat slugs need to be stamped out it gets my attention, bring it non u`m always ready for a bit of fun. :lol:
That slugs thing was pointed at me, Pitchy. 8) Know what? I don't care, either. You're right about at least one Mod :wink:
Some think it's ok to have their own private forum within a forum. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Again?
Figgered after ya came back last time you had grew a thicker skin.

See you next time around. You're always welcome here.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well Pitchy, I'm sorry you are hurt or offended. I'm really sorry if I contributed to that in any way. I count you a friend both on and off this board. I hope you stay in touch.
I try to stay positive here. Frankly, it's a fun place to hang out. If there is something I don't care for, I just don't post on it. I don't come here for drama. I don't have that much spare time.
God Bless you, my friend.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm sorry to hear you are not happy here Lenn, you are the one guy who should be respected for all the fun and interesting posts you bring to this forum and the gentlemanly way that you do it.
It will sure will be a duller place to hang out without you here... :(
Please stay in touch.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sorry i don`t have thick enough skin, this SS stuff and not being able to hardly walk and feeling sick all the time has gotten to me. I have wood to get up and other things before winter and its going to be tough going.
I need some time to myself until i get better so take care fellers i`ll check in at a later date.
Hmmm i see my avatar is all blurred out, perfect.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If I lived closer I'd be happy to help with firewood! Sadly I'm not.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pitchy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 pm Well go back and aback which ya can`t and read the garand thread.

whatever happened to your Garand campfire thread anyway?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:26 am
Pitchy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 pm Well go back and aback which ya can`t and read the garand thread.

whatever happened to your Garand campfire thread anyway?
A couple of guys got to mouthing off and rather than deleting their BS, the moderator deleted the whole thing.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I missed whatever was happening. Hope you can come visit the forum now and then.

The avatar looks like its a photobucket picture. They are blurring pics of people with a certain amount of content thats linked off their site. You can break that link and download the image directly to the forum here.

Its not based on how much you have sitting on their site, its based on bandwidth of how many of your pictures are linked to other sites, they are hosting it, and it requires bandwidth on their part to do it, so they are limiting it for free accounts.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Tactical Lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tactical Lever »

Hope to see you back, Pitchy. These forums, you've gotta take the good with the bad. I've probably opened my virtual mouth a couple times I shouldn't have and gotten into some pretty epic debates that rapidly spiraled down into arguments.

On the flipside of all that, I've learned and had some great exchanges too. Made some real friends beyond the virtual world. Connections that had me meet up with some people to stay over at their place, and enjoy their hospitality, when I went to Inuvik on my way to Tuktoyaktuk. An offer to stay up with another fella and visit up in NWT. Had probably a couple hour phone conversation with Bill Bagwell from a few forum posts. And planning on having a friend come up from a nearby city to help me with some projects. He had helped me installed a stereo in my truck a couple years back. Plan on hiring him to help me get ahead of all my neglected junk around here for a week.

In the days of Facebook, and all these virtual friends, it's a big deal to be able to make connections like that nowadays.
Profanity is a poor substitute for a proper education.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Glad I never got around to reading the Garand thread if it was full of hyper-sensitive felines.

Jason is right about a lot of folks saying things online they would never say to your face.

If I ever tell you I'll buy the coffee and we'll discuss it FTF, I mean it.

Moderators should he unbiased as well. If they have thin skin or favorites, the job is not suited for them.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Don't know what happened Pitchy but stupid stuff like this is Our loss. Thanks for All of the Great posts, Hope You come back.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

.45colt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:48 pmDon't know what happened...
A terrible case of butthurt...

:!:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

FWiedner wrote :"A terrible case of butthurt..." :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: I don't know what Your talking about. I don't think I was ever on the M1 Garand or what ever it was called. I don't know what happened. BUT YOU MUST BE AN EXPERT.....sounds like a lot of drama .Pitchy has been Good to Me and I wouldn't want to see Him P.O.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Once I got to be an adult, I quit letting 'drama' bother me. Sometimes I even inadvertently participate, but life is too short to get all riled up if someone irritates me, disrespects me, annoys me, makes fun of me, derides me, criticizes me, or otherwise infuriates me (...although my WIFE will be mad that someone is usurping her role in my life...)

Have a beer, say a prayer, smoke a joint, have an orgasm, or whatever, to hit the 'emotional reset' button, and get back in the Game of Life; you miss too much if you worry about 'drama'...

Welcome back whenever you're ready.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm Once I got to be an adult, I quit letting 'drama' bother me. Sometimes I even inadvertently participate, but life is too short to get all riled up if someone irritates me, disrespects me, annoys me, makes fun of me, derides me, criticizes me, or otherwise infuriates me (...although my WIFE will be mad that someone is usurping her role in my life...)

Have a beer, say a prayer, smoke a joint, have an orgasm, or whatever, to hit the 'emotional reset' button, and get back in the Game of Life; you miss too much if you worry about 'drama'...

It's easy to just ignore the drama. But it's hard to ignore those who crave it, or love to start it.
There are certain posts here, and at other forums that I see this sort of thing start, and I just stop looking at those threads. But when it's often begun by the same individuals it makes me wonder why those in charge allow the same offenders to stick around?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:03 am
AJMD429 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm Once I got to be an adult, I quit letting 'drama' bother me. Sometimes I even inadvertently participate, but life is too short to get all riled up if someone irritates me, disrespects me, annoys me, makes fun of me, derides me, criticizes me, or otherwise infuriates me (...although my WIFE will be mad that someone is usurping her role in my life...)

It's easy to just ignore the drama. But it's hard to ignore those who crave it, or love to start it.
There are certain posts here, and at other forums that I see this sort of thing start, and I just stop looking at those threads. But when it's often begun by the same individuals it makes me wonder why those in charge allow the same offenders to stick around?
;) And, it's still going on. Seemingly with the full support of at least one Mod. If there is no Mod involvement, then the Forum is self-regulated. YOU and others are finally calling out problems, but where were you months ago? Just asking for a friend. ;)
An egoist elite will often proclaim they are just "telling it like it is" as an excuse for rude, demeaning behavior. Being one of the best with the most toys and experience is not an excuse.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Well i can see there are mixed emotions, i thank those with positive replies.
As far as thin skin let me tell the loud mouths i`ve been known in the past to kick four men arses at a time but i`ve learned through Christ that it`s Satan that runs the minds of the fools and that vengeance is mine says the Lord.
When Christ died on the cross He said they know not what they do and ain`t that the truth.
I hold no hard feelings against anyone and love everyone here i just wish those that can`t control they`er mouths would be regulated so the rest of us can enjoys this great place.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm impressed! I've been in a couple pretty good fights in my 50+ years but don't think I could do four at a time! :wink: All but one, I was the last man standing. Gotta watch out for those little guys, they'll surprise ya! :shock: Didn't see that one coming!

Blow off the mindless nitwits! You're one of the coolest dudes around and I would give anything to have your creative/ engineering mind! I'm sitting in my little office/ gun room looking at this cool little dude made out of scrap metal and old engine parts that you sent me and think it's one of the coolest things in the room.

F em !

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
redgum
Levergunner

Post by redgum »

I'd like to think we could keep in touch "Pitchy"
We do have a lot in common....
Rick C.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

... :(
Last edited by 1894c on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Blaine wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 pm

;) And, it's still going on. Seemingly with the full support of at least one Mod. If there is no Mod involvement, then the Forum is self-regulated. YOU and others are finally calling out problems, but where were you months ago? Just asking for a friend. ;)
I'm not sure what you're referring to Blaine, when you say "where were YOU?" Since I don't read 75% of the posts here just based on the thread title, I guess I miss a bunch of this drama? But calling somebody out as you did with this post doesn't seem to be much different than what Pitchy was talking about. Just seems to create more of the drama we don't care for?
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

There are those here who have been the point of attacks by " we know who" ! Let's not become part of the problem by becoming like the offender(s?)! I know that it is more upsetting being the point of the attack. Just take comfort that there are more and more becoming aware of the offenses. Sooner or later a moderator will have had enough from some and take appropriate action, whether they be friend or foe! It is sad to see that the moderators do not take a more proactive actions in keeping things civil here, when needed.
I hope Pitchy does not leave . He at least brought the BS to light for a lot of people.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`m back and thanks for all the kind word from good friend.
My pain in my left legn has now moved to my right but as i posted with the vid i just don`t care anymore.
Respect for people and kind words is the way, if your so insecure ya have to attack someone your the the problem and not really a solution in the world.
I like this place and will fight the good fight and pray for the trouble makers.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I still haven't seen any of the "attacks"....

So I must just be oblivious to them.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Guess so :mrgreen:
Without reliving history: It would be enough to say that a moderator shut the conversation down !
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:14 pm I still haven't seen any of the "attacks"....

So I must just be oblivious to them.
+1
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bronco wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 pm Guess so :mrgreen:
Without reliving history: It would be enough to say that a moderator shut the conversation down !
And if it's what I believe it to be the said comment was not geared toward the person that was offended...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:59 am
Bronco wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 pm Guess so :mrgreen:
And if it's what I believe it to be the said comment was not geared toward the person that was offended...
It was geared toward the situation as a whole! not taking sides
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Guys, I'm not sure what happened, and I apologize for not being around as much as I should. My employer is cutting heads again like there is no tomorrow. I've been working 10-14 hours a day, and 6-8 hours each day of the weekend. Not trying to generate any sympathy; just stating facts.

I first came here years ago when researching a load for my .45-120 Sharps and found a post written by KirkD. Stuck around because I was so impressed by not only the knowledge here, but the brotherhood. I'm hoping we don't lose that. We all need to remember that we are, unfortunately, part of a dying breed. Let's stick together and remember that.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm

I first came here years ago when researching a load for my .45-120 Sharps and found a post written by KirkD. Stuck around because I was so impressed by not only the knowledge here, but the brotherhood. I'm hoping we don't lose that. We all need to remember that we are, unfortunately, part of a dying breed. Let's stick together and remember that.
Well said Jay....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

+1

The world is going down the pan from where I'm standing and it produces fear. For all the tough talk we are all still fearful and fear soon turns to anger and that is what we are seeing all the more the world over.

2Timothy 3:3.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I've not talked to you directly, but I have dropped in on your threads, especially those about a project of yours. I'm clueless about the specific problem and I hate to see you leave. One hint that would allow you to stay and us to continue to enjoy your posts is the "Ignore List". There are one or two members I feel are too arrogant with their superior replies and like to correct us (Me) and our less than stellar knowledge, so I just added them to my Ignore List. Problem solved. when I am "corrected" by them, I never see it, so all is good...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...