Shooting bench from a walker?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Shooting bench from a walker?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I got a crazy idea -- wondering if a guy could make a portable shooting bench out of one of the sit-or-stand walkers that you can often find for next to nothing in thrift stores.
One of these:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Drive-Medical- ... lsrc=aw.ds

Modify that back support brace to attach the shooting surface and brace the surface with angled struts attaching just above the wheels. You'd sit in it opposite the intended direction and your weight in the seat would be the stabilizer. Shooting surface would need to be the absolute minimum. Dang, if Pitchy was not on hiatus, he'd have this puzzle doped out in a trice.

8)
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Shooting bench from a walker?

Post by piller »

Use some cheap clamps of the type for holding boards together on woodworking projects. Two adjustable aluminum canes for the legs in front. A tray such as you use for breakfast in bed. A couple of screws. Easy peasy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I think it might be awkward to get in and out of but otherwise might work, plus you'd get sympathy from other shooters when they see you pushing your walker... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

We have a fellow in out club in Yuma, 90 years old, shoots with just such a setup. Even has a scabbard on the side to carry his rifle. I'll see if I have any pix of him.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wow, sounds like I am not a total nut case -- yet.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like this set up, not quite what you had in mind Bill but looks like fun... :D
MPCV-1-1022x1024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

GK, that'll work Bro, but I sure couldn't afford to feed a Ma Deuce for more than a few seconds. :lol: :lol: :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure hope that wheelchair has good brakes!
Why not just find a double shooting stick, saw one on a show about hunting in ENGLAND. It supports both front and rear of your rifle.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!