.32 Associates.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

.32 Associates.......

Post by Ray »

in memory of mister Murbach, hows about we start a W.T.M. Memorial .32 Associates page ?

The idea came to me one day when plinking at a beer can stuck onto a blackberry brier with a Beretta 81 7.65mm.

In as many trips afield to shoot, I had used a S & W 431pd with longs, a cz70 7.65mm, a taurus .327 with H & R mags., and a S & W 1905 .32 wcf (believe it or not, it shoots longs too).

So am I alone as a fan of .32s ?
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Re: In memory of mister......

Post by piller »

We have a .327 in both pistol and rifle. A .32 Special would be quite nice, but tyey are sort of hard to find.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like 32-20's.....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I doubt enough people know about the .32 Special for there to be enough interest that any manufacturer would make a run of them. Too bad. I never knew about them until it was practically too late. Maybe I can find a used .30-30 cheap enough for a conversion to be worth the effort. I know, there is not much to do in order to make the change. New barrel, cartridge lifter, and make sure a few other parts are in good condition.

OK, I have to find a Winchester in .30-30 with the receiver and stock in good shape. If the barrel is not really useable, then I have a project. Can anyone give me a reason to not start looking for a gun to do this with? What manufacturer of barrel would you suggest? Shilen is local and I can walk in to their front desk and make my order. Any suggestions on maybe better and still reasonably priced barrels?
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Would Terry have told me to go forth with this project? I didn't know him other than his posts on here. I would think that he would be pleased if I can find a rifle to resurrect and change into a .32 Special.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

piller wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:13 am I doubt enough people know about the .32 Special for there to be enough interest that any manufacturer would make a run of them. Too bad. I never knew about them until it was practically too late. Maybe I can find a used .30-30 cheap enough for a conversion to be worth the effort. I know, there is not much to do in order to make the change. New barrel, cartridge lifter, and make sure a few other parts are in good condition.

OK, I have to find a Winchester in .30-30 with the receiver and stock in good shape. If the barrel is not really useable, then I have a project. Can anyone give me a reason to not start looking for a gun to do this with? What manufacturer of barrel would you suggest? Shilen is local and I can walk in to their front desk and make my order. Any suggestions on maybe better and still reasonably priced barrels?

What passes these days for Winchester still makes them.....

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product ... rce=A10003

Kittery usually has several old ones in stock.....

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/new- ... Winchester
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

piller wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:13 am I doubt enough people know about the .32 Special for there to be enough interest that any manufacturer would make a run of them. Too bad. I never knew about them until it was practically too late. Maybe I can find a used .30-30 cheap enough for a conversion to be worth the effort. I know, there is not much to do in order to make the change. New barrel, cartridge lifter, and make sure a few other parts are in good condition.

Here is where you get your 25-35 or 30-30 rebored to .32 win. spl.

http://35caliber.com/
m.A.g.a. !
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have one of the Ruger Buckeye 32 mag/32-20s in the works when it makes it thru the Calif laws.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

m.A.g.a. !
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Yep. I like the 32 H&R & the 32 special, in fact I took it out( 32 spl.) yesterday & warmed it up good & proper
have shot the 32 S&W in the 32 H&R & is fun to shoot, I have a 32 spl. barrel that is 24 in, long & was going to put it on one of
my 94 30-30s but never got that done, to many other guns to keep me busy,

so Piller I may part with that if interested

Brad
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

32 Mag with a Mora Garberg in carbon steel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Doc AJ, I like the 32-20 too. I can't seem to hang on to SAA barrels or cylinders in the cal. I never let anyone see my 92 Winchester rifle that NKJ tuned up for me. Come to think of it, time to limber it up when I feel better.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Only a barrel change. Lifter is the same.
I have a trapper barrel for you. You’ll like the price.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I need to find the gun now. New ones are $1,000 or more. A trapper length sounds great.
D. Brian Casady
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Re: .32 Associates.......

Post by Marlin32 »

Marlin 32 Special
Colt Pocket Positive 32 Colt NP
Ruger Vaquero 32 H&R custom by Gary reeder
32 auto Beretta
8x68mm Weatherby
and would like to have a Remington 700 Classic in 8x57
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I am a32 addict, I am thinking about adding a single six with a Bisley grip.

Ruger single six 32 H&R
Ruger single seven
Ruger Blackhawk 327
S&W Hand ejector 32-20
CZ 50 32 ACP
Savage 1907 32 ACP
H&R self loader 32 ACP
H&R 32 long

Henry 327
Marlin 94 32-20
(2) Win 94 32 special
Muzzleloader 32 cal
Last edited by BenT on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Trying to think here.
Three 32-20 rifles
Two 32-20 revolvers
Three 32 mag revolvers
One 32 S&w long revolver
One 32 S&w long rifle
Two 32-40 rifles
One 32 special rifle
Two 32 muzzleloaders
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

And all this time I thought I was a fair .32 collector, a tenderfooted novice perhaps. But now I find that I am even lower, definitely nothing more than a rank sugarfoot.....

Keep them coming.....Give me some goals to aim for......
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

This is a cz-50.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._50

This is a cz-52.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_52

Quite a bit of difference.....

One fits in a pocket and just goes pop and you can pretend you're a poor man's james bond.

The other is almost as big and ugly as a borchardt and rings ears even with plugs in.....

The other morning we shot two magazines full from the cz-52.....I think they were sellior & belliot fmj.s......

We heard tires crunch on chert and the creak of the pasture gate. A neighbor from about 3/8s a mile down the road came walking up. "I wish you all wouldn't shoot them whump-whumps so early in the a.m.!"

When he saw all we had with us were conventional self-loaders and revolvers he apologized for interrupting and left.....

In case you didn't know, rifle cartridge chambered handguns don't bang or boom out to a half mile or so away.....they echo, going "whump-whump" and sound just like someone is slapping the siding on your home with something solid. I guess he thought we were a bit too early with the 8" barreled ar's and ak's but all it was was just the humble cz-52 in 7.62x25mm tokarev.
m.A.g.a. !
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm not sure why you would convert a .30-30 to .32 Winchester Special. There are plenty of the latter out there in fine condition for a nice price.

I have :
Winchester Model 94 (1960?) in .32 Special
Marlin 336 A-DL in .32 WS

Also:
Browning 53 in .32-20
Cimarron (Uberti) 1873 in .32-20

Ruger SP101 in .327 (would love to have a .32-20 HV cylinder made for it one day)
Cimarron Model P, Jr in .32-20 and .32 H&R
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Vance, next time you see one in good condition for a reasonble price let me know. I will pay for your meal at the same place we met up last time. I can't find one close to me.
D. Brian Casady
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

piller wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:15 pm Vance, next time you see one in good condition for a reasonble price let me know. I will pay for your meal at the same place we met up last time. I can't find one close to me.
I've been working so much I haven't been to a guns show in ages.
Hit up the smaller ones around. Including Waco.
You gotta kiss a lot of toads to find your princess!
Maybe one day in my life I will get a chance to go to Wanenmacher's in Tulsa again. Plan 2 days to look at that one.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

numrich appears to have new factory 32 special barrels in stock, for 57.00$

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1756350

seems like a good deal and a cheap way to get a 32 special [ I already have one or I would buy one now ]
cable
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

101 year old Smith & Wesson hand-ejector .32 w.c.f, carried for over a half century by a constable and night watchman trying to still be relevant in a tactitard world.....

IMG_20190913_050308_kindlephoto-497937375.jpg
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72735&p=831891&hili ... or#p831891
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just because it is not the latest whiz bang plastic fantastic does not mean that it cannot do the job in a great manner. There is too much evidence that many of the older cartridges are just as effective now as when they came out.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

So piller, did you find yourself a .32 winchester ?
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have one coming in soon. It is coming from Kittery's Trading post in Maine. Looking around near home, all there seemed to be were hard used ones that had a lot of rust and loose parts. The one at Kittery's is a 1959 year production in very good to excellent condition. The funny thing is that Kittery's had it priced cheaper, and the shipping plus the small price for the local gun store to do the necessary paperwork still will be less than buying one locally. As soon as it arrives, I will post pictures. A range trip is necessary, but it has to get here first. I am looking forward to it. Ace Hardware in Midlothian, Texas has 2 boxes of 170 grain Remington ammunition. I will be passing through there today and plan on stopping to get those 2 boxes. Yes, I decided to get one that does not need the work.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

piller wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 am I have one coming in soon. It is coming from Kittery's Trading post in Maine. Looking around near home, all there seemed to be were hard used ones that had a lot of rust and loose parts. The one at Kittery's is a 1959 year production in very good to excellent condition. The funny thing is that Kittery's had it priced cheaper, and the shipping plus the small price for the local gun store to do the necessary paperwork still will be less than buying one locally. As soon as it arrives, I will post pictures. A range trip is necessary, but it has to get here first. I am looking forward to it. Ace Hardware in Midlothian, Texas has 2 boxes of 170 grain Remington ammunition. I will be passing through there today and plan on stopping to get those 2 boxes. Yes, I decided to get one that does not need the work.
have they shipped it ?

sometimes you have to light a fire under their a***S there at K.T.P.

The ladies in the online ordering dept. does not get along nor communicate well with the gun dept.....

I have had to call everytime i have ordered online. So I might as well call the gun dept. directly. They are very professional and helpful even if they do talk funny !
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I plan on calling this afternoon after work. I am looking forward to having it in my hands.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Perhaps some of the mainers who have been to k.t.p. can explain the layout.

apparently they have the main(e) store and then they have another remote used gun dept. "across the river" as they say in new hampshire.

when you order online, you never know which store it is at.

i once waited about two weeks with only the initial email receipt before i called.....

maureen said "don't worry, we know just exactly where your gun is.....the rockingham county deputies expect to have their hands on it this afternoon and we'll ship it first thing tomorrow."

does not inspire confidence but that is the worst experience.....the rest were much better including the .56 renegade enroute right now.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I've had good luck with Kittery a couple of times.
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

My first centerfire rifle was a Winchester M94 that I got back in 1961. I still have it, along with a scoped Marlin M336 in 32 Special. I will be keeping both of them. :D
Merle from PA
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

These are the only .32s I possess... :oops: :cry:
IMG_20180424_235954.jpg
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

At Ray's request;

I picked up this cool little Beretta 81 last week. It's a former Italian prison system pistol. For less than $ 200.00 I thought it would make a
good nightstand pistol for Bubbles. She's not a big fan of firearms, but understands the reasons for having one. Or more! :D

I ran through a couple of boxes shooting at @ 20 yards offhand. Little bugger is just plain fun. Very little recoil and not all that loud.
Tough part is finding spare magazines. They dried up pretty quickly.

I've always been fond of the .32s! The second Winchester I ever bought is a Model '92 in .32WCF, I added a SRC about a year later. The .32-20 is what got me into reloading years ago. Just did not exist around here in those days.

I have a 94 in 32Spl that I actually prefer it over my .30-30s. It's a great shooter. Really like my Single Seven in .327 Federal, it's a hoot!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Jason, you sure hit the nail square when you mentioned the scarcity of 81 mags.

In looking for them I found out that the slightly more common 84 magazines will work. You have to turn the follower around backwards as the rimmed cartridge rides different than the .380 and it will only hold 9 rounds. The rim of each cartridge loaded rides in front of its predecessor 's and you run out of room, fore and aft by round eight with # nine barely squeezing in.

Hope this helps.
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Ray, I'll give that a "shot". :D

jb 8)

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:34 pm Thanks Ray, I'll give that a "shot". :D

jb 8)
http://www.robertsontradingpost.com

Try calling these people....at one time they had 84 mags. modified for 81s and they sold them through gunsamerica.com
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I called Kittery's yesterday. I have the tracking number for the shipping. It is on the way.
D. Brian Casady
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

jb 8)
these folks have some mags. on order.....

https://dkfirearms.com/product/beretta- ... -magazine/
m.A.g.a. !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

32 ws :wink:
great view.....no deer though
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i like it , great rifle !
cable
Steve in Micco
Levergunner

Post by Steve in Micco »

Am a new guy here...1st post...am glad to see fellow followers of the "lowly" .32 here.

In days of yore did have a massive number of 8mm/.32s and loved them all.

Current favorites are:

Ruger Bisley 6.5" fixed
Ruger Bisley 5.5" adj.
Ruger Bisley 6.5" adj.
Ruger LCR
S&W M432
S&W M631
Colt Police Positive Special

I do cast/handload for these using mostly the Lyman 3118 and Accurate 31-134D. I will note that I load my .30-30s using these same projectiles.

Had to part ways with Colt Officer's Model, the Detective Special and the Smith M16-4 to help pay for the daughter's wedding. The Mausers were a passion, but found less and less for sale while meeting fewer and fewer with the same feelings as I. The 8x60S was a wonderful hunting companion, powerful and, well, just different. And the two 8.15x46R schuetzens would gather a crowd behind me at the public range I shot at just outside Ft. Lauderdale. I shall save the topic of my .32WCFs for another time.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

bienvenido steve !
m.A.g.a. !
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ray wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:33 pm

jb 8)
these folks have some mags. on order.....

https://dkfirearms.com/product/beretta- ... -magazine/
Those are the folks I got the pistol from. Signed up for their newsletter for when they get them in. Always like to have a couple spares.

jb 8)

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Welcome tp the campfire Steve. Where is Micco?
D. Brian Casady
Steve in Micco
Levergunner

Post by Steve in Micco »

Thanks Ray and Piller. Micco is in extreme south Brevard County (FL). About an hour and a half SE of Orlando and about an hour south of Cape Canaveral. Just off of US-1.
Steve in Micco
Levergunner

Post by Steve in Micco »

I have just under 30 acres here....an area known for hogs and turkeys.