Palmetto State Armory - Sale Today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Palmetto State Armory - Sale Today

Post by AJMD429 »

Some of their labor-day specials are pretty amazing....

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/p ... rder=price

...this kit is $349 (usually $559)...all you need is a stripped PISTOL lower....
tmptmp1.jpg
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5 ... l-kit.html

It would be a good time to get a 300 Blackout AR-Pistol setup.
If you already have a lower 4473'd as a "pistol" or "other" you're good to go.

Otherwise, the lowers run $39 right now - https://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog ... r+stripped;
Get one sent to your FFL and buy is at an 'other' or 'pistol'. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Re: Palmetto State Armory - Sale Today

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sooo.... tempting.... :mrgreen:
LESAGEMIKE
Levergunner

Post by LESAGEMIKE »

All good stuff!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that is a good deal.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I completed two pistol lowers I had sitting around, as 'investments'....but they look so cool I don't want to sell them...! :lol:

My older 300 Blk one is on the left, with the Redfield combination sight, light, and 'backup' 45 degree offset sights. It has functioned flawlessly (perhaps due to an adjustable gas block).
Screenshot_2019-09-08-14-05-17-1.png
I plan on test-firing the 5.56 one (on the right) without a suppressor, but WITH double hearing protection...!

The other 300 Blk one in the middle isn't really set up for suppressor due to the barrel being shorter than the very narrow forend. It came with a muzzle break that supposedly directs blast away from the shooter.

Update:

My old 300 Blk performed well as usual, with 50 yard groups around an inch off a rest if I focused well and never over 2 inches.

The new one shot similar groups but the Fiocchi 150 grain loads wouldn't cock the hammer even though they cycled. I may swap some parts anyway so may put an adjustable gas block on it like my original one has. The other option is to do the usual '300 Blackout thing' and try different loads (all I got out today was the 150 grain Fiocchi ones I had a bunch of); it seems like many 300 Blackouts do better with a given weight bullets or velocities or with/without suppressors, etc.

The 5.56 one wasn't as extra-loud as I thought it might be, but on the other hand when I put the suppressor on it, it seemed about like a 20" AR does suppressed (muffled 'thump' with ear muffs on), but just for kicks I uncovered my 'away' ear when my daughter shot it with the suppressor....big mistake....it was LOUD...!

So....it would-be a good 'truck gun' but I'd be sure to either keep a suppressor on-hand, or both muffs and plugs. More likely the latter, given the legalities of travel with suppressors.

However, the 10.5" 5.56 pistol shot ten shots into about 1-1/4 inches at 50 yards just with the MagPul flip-up sights (off a rest)...!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I'd just like to say that I've bought stuff from Palmetto State and it all fit and worked with no problems.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

PSA is great but I sure could do without 4 emails a day!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!