Ok....im impressed.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Ok....im impressed.

Post by wvfarrier »

I broke down and picked up a new Marlin (Remlin) GBL. I was a bit concerned for the reasons we are all aware of. I was surprised, this gun is great. The action is slick enough i can work it woth my pinky finger. Wood to frame fit is near perfect, actually better than one of mt JM guns. The finish is flawless, not a single discoloration in the black. The real test is to come when i sight it in tomorrow but so far it looks grear.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ok....im impressed.

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, is it April 1st already?!

Sorry about that -- seriously, thanks for the honest opinion and update.

Let's see some pictures too!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

The Remlins I've seen on the racks over the last couple of years have looked pretty darn good. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Some of the early ones I saw should not have left the factory.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm picking up a Marlin 1894 CST (357 Mag threaded) tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how they are...

Then I have to decide which of my existing firearms to sell off to fund the purchase.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 pm I'm picking up a Marlin 1894 CST (357 Mag threaded) tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how they are...

Then I have to decide which of my existing firearms to sell off to fund the purchase.
I am resisting one of these. I really like my Rossi but a CST might replace her.

Good to see the quality is improving. I still have not fired the 45/70 I picked up a few years ago, though it seems pretty well put together.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Doc, I thought it was illegal to sell off guns like that...

What would you take for your Beo upper?

8)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My stainless guide gun has chatter marks in that raceway on the bolt where the ejector goes. I polished it up and it works better than it did. My old JM Marlin in .35 Remington is much smoother.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The Remlins used to be hit and a lot of miss when Remington first absorbed Marlin, but I, too, have heard they are getting much better. Look forward to the range report!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Whoo doggy doesthis sucker shoot!!! Now i did mount a lvpo optic on (1-4×24) as my eyes aint what they used to be. It took 7 rounds to zero at 100 yards and 1 to ensure the zero ;-)

Recoil was a firm push and not a smack. Very happy.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
HillbillyGadget
Levergunner 1.0

Post by HillbillyGadget »

I really pleased with my 336Y I picked up last winter, it's also a tack driver! I mounted a Leupould 2.5x scout on it and Skinner irons. I really like this little rifle.
I did have to change out the loading gate spring for a Rangerpoint, it was very stiff and even working the gate 1000 times(100 times a day for 10 days and many bloody pinches later) I broke down and got a new one, money well spent.
The wood fit to metal is tight and the matte blue is even.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

wvfarrier wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:27 pm Whoo doggy doesthis sucker shoot!!! Now i did mount a lvpo optic on (1-4×24) as my eyes aint what they used to be. It took 7 rounds to zero at 100 yards and 1 to ensure the zero ;-)

Recoil was a firm push and not a smack. Very happy.
:) :D :mrgreen:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 pm I'm picking up a Marlin 1894 CST (357 Mag threaded) tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how they are...

Doc,
I bought one last winter and have been really impressed with the workmanship. This thing will feed everything I've tried, right down to .38 Spl SWCs.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"