The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

OW, nice pics, lovely wife. Made a few trips up that way, beautiful.

Six, that gun is my color combo ... can I have it ??? ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey bud. Kristy is a Notary. That's all you need here.
Haha she was worried she was going to fall in. That would have been something!
I agree, the Colt SAA is the classiest handgun ever. Second place is the 1911 for me.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you OS. Coming from you, that's high praise. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, Here I thought you were some crusty old Mainiac, a resident, but with that svelte classy looking lady you must be a cut above. Pic of the two of you? I see I won one of Sixes .44 Spls.

Here is a pic from Bar Harbor 30 yrs ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Fawns to lambs to filling the freezer- got it!
Notary can perform marriage- that's a new one on me!

Six I think you have to oblige OS and award your sons 300BO, as he said its HIS color combo. But first you will have to weld the magazine into the frame and turn it into a bolt action so it'll be CA legal...

Dorian is still a CAT5 - WOW. This storm is a monster.

SSAs are nice but they are a dime a dozen- I'll stick to my one of a kind Single Six :D

Mmm coffee, yes a bit early this morning, gotta be on the road at 0700, ZZ BIRDS today! Really don't feel like driving out there today but I've been home for 3 days and getting cabin fever!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha hey OS, nice pic. Yes Bar Harbor is pretty. There is a place north of there where we go Jeeping. We climb to the top of a mountain, and when on top, it's all granite and you can see forever in every direction. Can see over Bar Harbor and Cadillac Mt.
Anyway.......here is my wife and I at my class reunion. We tease my wife all the time. Call here princess, and flatlander. She was born here but her dad drove a truck for a company in Connecticut. She lived down there for most of her school years. She takes quite a razzing and is pretty well known in our little town. She is hoot and I love her to death. Packs a gun and knife every day.
Oh, and yeah, we are kinda crusty ol Mainah's. :D
Gunny,
You got it bro! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Where did everybody go? Well, once again, I'm last up.

OS is showing off the soft stuff with the high beams on ....yea...you can have it.....I'll dewat it first like Gunny says.

Jay....you have one in a million....Looks, smarts, guns and knives.....wow...you da man and she da gal.

Nuttin happening......rainy days and Mondays always get me down....raining like crazy out der.

Well...guess you white guys are out there working while I'm bumming......think I'll load a couple of hundred 300 B.O.---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Raining here too. Don't matter, I gotta go to work tonight anyway.
I gotta do up some 300 too! Make up a charge of brass and work up a load for 125gr Speer TNT's.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Went up another grain and a half to 16.5 of 5744 and the 175 TCGC........near one hole at 50 yards...right at 1500 fps...extreme spread 24 fps....this is a good one.......---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never shot heavies or subs out of mine. Don't have a can so I never bothered.
It's a cartridge you don't get bored with easily. :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Screenshot_2019-09-02-11-11-00-1.png
This is my first one from a couple years ago, with the Mystic can. Without the can it is super compact when folded. It's fat though; the Sig is one of the thicker braces out there but when used as a brace works way better than the scrawny ones. I thought about putting the LAW folder on my AR-10 because it is soooo ungainly, but it just looked cooler on the pistol... :D

The 45 degree offset 'backup' sights are awesome, and really I use them as the primary ones.

Hold the pistol the way you normally probably shoot it, rotate it counterclockwise 45 degrees, and see if it isn't actually a more comfortable hold. I was actually tempted to put the optic at the angle instead but it would not store as compact, and I use the irons more anyway. I figure for fast-aquisition I'll be using the irons, and if I have a few more seconds for precision I might twist to use the optic, and if the laser is what I'm using position might be anything. I HIGHLY recommend trying 45 degree offset sights...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool Doc. I have an SBa3 on mine. Have a shockwave, also.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, beauty and the beast.

Pic from a Maine backwoods BBQ on another trip as I see by my wife's long hair. Probably Lake Schoodic in the in the Milo, Dover- Foxcroft area.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Great pic OS. Looks like a bunch of "locals". :D
That's not too far from me.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay....you see old Savage? Everywhere he goes, he's got the soft stuff hanging on him.

Gear Head Works.....retractable to rifle length....legal...---6

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup! Haha
I have an SBa3. Kind of the same idea.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, where are you? PM if you like.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So it RAINED on my way to Bernville this morning!! But as I turned off the interstate it quit and we had decent weather to kill ZZs! Few showers but nice otherwise.
Decide to take the 23, I'm starting to get it dialed in, broke a 15x20, not great but better than last time.
As I'm leaving the club my phone rings- Hello? Gunny its Tom- where you at?
I just left - I'm minutes away where can we meet? How about the convience store there in Bernville? We spent at least a half hour shooting the pelosi if not more.

(Huh it changed TO pelosi from what I typed) :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I go through there all the time on 183...well, not much in the last year.....Bernville Auto Parts on the right hand side, headed north.----2
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well then the next time I'm there you gotta come up!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK..but I ain't driving all the way up there to hang out in a convenience store parking lot for 15 minutes. I'm a bit more cultured than Tom. I say he hit the local T bar.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bring that model 24 and we can shoot ZZ birds! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ahh....don't trust the 24...don't think I ever shot it except for making sure it works.....now, the Lefever box lock, that will work.

Was just looking on you tube on the zz birds. I see they just stick a clay bird on a plastic thingy......don't the plastic thingy get all shot up? Looks like it's difficult to "smoke em.--6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The targets are all plastic. The wings are rubicon orange, the cap is white and snaps on to the wings. Yes these targets are hard but so much fun! They do get destroyed quite easily. I'm not sure exactly how much the targets cost but practice targets are 3 bucks each. Match fee is usually $70 but that includes lunch, dessert, drinks. Yesterday was home made pulled pork, home made mac & cheese- smoked Gouda mac & cheese was delicious! The match is 20 targets each. You shoot 5 then go BS until your name comes up again and so on until you shoot all 20.

So Tom was nice enough to show me a couple of his guns yesterday, what a beautiful.33 , That little .32 Long looks like a fun cartridge! Bet that would be a great one to spend a day plinking dirt clods with. And the 25-20 well that's just perfect in my opinion!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...but how do ya know if you hit them? Looks like they can be reused. What do you do, go and circle the holes with a magic marker.......hey, I'm oblivious to this game.

Ran the stihl for awhile,,,,,got some logs to split...a dozen a day then its play time.--6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah sorry I didnt elaborate- the white cap comes off. A dead bird is the cap landing inside the 'ring' . The ring is a 30 yard diameter circle, usually a small fence. If the cap falls outside its a lost target. This is the poor man's pigeon shooting.
Yes the caps are reusable, the blades could possibly be reused if they aren't too badly damaged. Heck a full load of 7 & narfs will destroy the blades, as do the motors that spin the targets. In the old days the blades were sheet metal and were a lot better for reuse.

I saved a baby snapping turtle this morning from being run over!
20190903_092833-600x800.jpg
That's a quarter for scale.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

That’s gonna be a really small bowl of soup.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just gotta add more taters! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

TOM FOR YOUR EYES ONLY!
Screenshot_20190903-160846_DuckDuckGo-600x1233.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

fordwannabe wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm That’s gonna be a really small bowl of soup.
Grandma knew how to fix them. Cut up and fried like rabbig or squill....The old folks ate tons of them things during the depression. Claimed there was 7 flavors of meat on them. I thought they were delicious.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Dad used to make turtle vegetable soup in a old navy pot big enough bathe a small dog in.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No material delivery today.... so I loaded ammo today. Ugh, hunt club meeting tonight- really dont feel like going but I have to since I'm on a couple of the committees.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I'm on my boys account.....OK...I'm alive! Been splitting wood like crazy.......got 3 cords done and another 5 or maybe 7 to go.....came in last night, washed up nice and clean and could not log on......I'm told it's a glitch and they are working on it .....ANYWAY......on to good times....

BS ed with Tom for awhile on the tele yesterday and was told of the mighty parking lot conversation.

Got the "big" mow job today.....which means the back pasture.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep we had a good time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yes, we did.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok...up bright and early...10 today.......think I'll take a break from wood splitting today......here's my wood splitting station. As I fill up the rows I move the operation down a few feet.------6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is an outright logging operation.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A fan and umbrella- now that's thinking !!
Well I went to 'survey' our stretch of river at the club this morning, we have a couple big oaks that have fallen and we gotta get them cut up. Then I went to the fly shop to hang out for awhile. This afternoon Claro goes to the vet for her Cytopoint shot. She has allergies and this shot stops the brain from being itchy. Poor thing is really itchy this year!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea Gunny....took a wedge and a sledge and split a red maple down the middle. Took the chain saw and cut out a groove just big enough for the pole to slip into.......took some old fence wire and wrapped it around the log and just slid the umbrella in it.....that's redneck thinking....the log probably weighs 80 - 100 pounds so,it ain't going nowhere.

Just talked to the my personal resident vet.....my wife...... :D .....and she says Cytopoint is the best medicine for itchiness....our little Yorkie gets it and works wonders. My daughter is involved in Pet medicine and works for a major company....can't say the company because there's people here who like to cause trouble......and she is also a vet tech. They say to be carful what kind of medicine you pump into your little buddies as some meds for itchiness will stop the immune system and cancer will set in. If in doubt for any new treatment, let me know and I'll pass it to the "experts". It's all about money in the pet world, the same as it is in the people world...but dogs don't have a mouth so they can't complain when something don't work.

Fred.....yea...one man operation........if I was wealthy like you guys I could hire someone to split it......or, I could,just turn on a switch and let the other electric company keep me warm. ......but I like my independence from anybody or any company.---6
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 am A fan and umbrella- now that's thinking !!
Well I went to 'survey' our stretch of river at the club this morning, we have a couple big oaks that have fallen and we gotta get them cut up. Then I went to the fly shop to hang out for awhile. This afternoon Claro goes to the vet for her Cytopoint shot. She has allergies and this shot stops the brain from being itchy. Poor thing is really itchy this year!!
I'm sure you've tried this, maybe, but a good dose of canine salmon oil everyday is good for bad/itchy skin.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The Cytopoint usually works within hours. I've had Claro on Apoquel and it seems to not do squat! Plus it is expensive!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, that's embarrassing. :oops:
You guys are all busy and workin'.
Me? Well I fired up the Harley and took me a nice ride. It was a little cool, but I ain't sorry. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm The Cytopoint usually works within hours. I've had Claro on Apoquel and it seems to not do squat! Plus it is expensive!

Gunny........I had to quote you on this......just told the wife about Apoquel.....she shuddered.....NO! Don't let him use that! That's the stuff that shuts down the immune system and does not work anyway....cancers and other bad things will set in. Remember this....vets are like doctors...they are in it for the money and will push certain drugs and don't really care if they work or not or.....if they will bring a quick demise of your little buddy. Don't believe what you read on the internet either...lots of propaganda out there too for,the same reasons.

I know, you stopped it...good.

Well...big bore handgun silhouette match tomorrow.......weather supposed to be nice.----6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes I had heard about the cancer as well. Tell your wonderful wife I said Yes Mom, thank you Mom! :D
Got practice on Sunday, undecided if I'm going or not. I need some serious practice so maybe I can figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong! Gotta slow down, keep face on wood, SEE the target then shoot... or something like that.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ohhhh Guuuuunnnnyyyyy! Tomorrow is play day at the club. I want to hear about your great scores. For me, it's handgun day and I usually clean up.----6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey OW- it's 52 here this morning! Be quite chilly on a bike ride here this morning!

Yeah I'll let you know about my great scores tomorrow when I'm done shooting them... Would be nice if I could get my act together to win the match in 2 weeks. It's a memorial shoot for a very good friend that left us 7 years ago. At one time this guy had 1 of every Parker ever made and that includes 1 of 3 Invincibles !! Then he divorced his first wife, married his second and then she went bat stuff crazy and made him stop hunting and sell most of his guns!

Claro is much less itchy this morning!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, we've had some cool mornings too, buddy.

She "made him" sell his guns. That'd been my second
ex-wife.😁

Good luck buddy. Slay em!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes all of us are still scratching our heads over that one! She was a vegetarian then became a vegan so ya know her mind was fubar!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, all I can say is, she musta been some smokin' hot and knew some crazy moves in the sack.
Sorry for bein' so crude.....but just sayin' :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the general consensus!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!