I wonder what these pilots are seeing...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I wonder what these pilots are seeing...???

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I wonder what these pilots are seeing...???

Post by FWiedner »

Experimental aircraft designed and built right here on mother earth.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I'd also go with man made objects. Look how long rumors circulated on the SR-71 before it was confirmed. The F-117 the B-2. Rumors of Aurora have been floating around for decades. When folks say we aren't that advanced, I simply remind the that what would become SR-71 (actually it was the RS-71 until POTUS had a dyslexic moment) first flew in 1962 (or at least that's what they will admit to today).
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

+1 on the first two responses.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:30 pm I'd also go with man made objects. Look how long rumors circulated on the SR-71 before it was confirmed. The F-117 the B-2. Rumors of Aurora have been floating around for decades. When folks say we aren't that advanced, I simply remind the that what would become SR-71 (actually it was the RS-71 until POTUS had a dyslexic moment) first flew in 1962 (or at least that's what they will admit to today).
I guess I'm not the only one who read SKUNKWORKS by Ben Rich.

Who knows what secrets the Germans who came to this country after WWII using OPERATION PAPER CLIP had to tell. I'm sure we're at least 30 years behind the cutting edge technology and 50 years behind might be more realistic.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I was a security guard for Lockheed 35 years starting in early 1965 and retired in 2000. I worked in and around the skunk works and all the spook planes mentioned. Also knew many of the test pilots. I heard a few second hand story's. That said I believe there was/is UFO`s out there. I have seen at least one but not on the job. About 1953 on a bright moonlit winter night I and a girl cousin were sledding in front of our house in Wisconsin. We were about 12 years old. We lived on a hill on the edge of a small village. We seen a bright white object like a huge spotlight in the sky. It was stationary and then went out and a little later re appeared in a different location, again it was stationary and again turned off like a switch. It done this maybe five times in fifteen minutes. There was no sure way to say the size or or how far away it was as there was nothing else to compare it with. It was totally silent. My best guess is it was within a half mile to two miles away from us. It was like looking at a perfect circle of white lit up paper maybe a 100 feet accross. It was stone still, would shut off and re appear again maybe a mile away in a different direction. I hadn't seen my cousin for forty years but ran into her again. She was a deputy sheriff. I brought up the incident and she remembered it exactly as I described.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Consider God's entire Universe and think about your answers again.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Booger, it doesn't matter what people believe with no evidence. What should we think about what the pilots say? ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A lot of UFO sightings are most likely explainable BUT there are things out there that that I have seen that if they were man-made then we should be very afraid of our fellow man and what he is capable of.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Because the western mind typically rejects any spiritual explanation we have to come up with physical/material explanations ... which may be true ... or may not be. I don't doubt people seeing unexplained things. I have had my own experiences.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

One Sunday I was home in Lancaster on the phone talking to my best buddy, another guard that I worked with who was manning the gate at site 2. That is the Lockheed Skunk Works. Being a Sunday he was by himself as there were no plant workers. He got a radio call patch in from the tower or control center I could also clearly hear. A SR 71 pilot or more likely the back seat radio/navigator guy was informing that they lost a engine over salt lake and were going to land plant 42 (Palmdale) in 14 minuets, and could they have the fly way gate opened? That was the gate from our plant to access the field runway.
Salt Lake to Palmdale is a track of 500 to 550 miles! I lived near the field. I timed him and went outside. Here they came, right on time fourteen minuets later! Figure out the speed they had to be doing when they lost one engine and the logistics to bleed off the speed, elevation etc to land on one engine!
Another time I was manning that gate at night and a TR-2 came in, (a later version of the old "U-2"). The pilot which I knew, later came through going home. It was a super clear night and he remarked ( or marveled) to me that he had just seen the lights of San Francisco and Phoenix at the same time!
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

How do you think Sasquatch travels all over the World?
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:51 pm https://youtu.be/twtIvoKrYy0?t=1631

nothing there - looks like the vid has been pulled :?:
Merle from PA
Low Plains Drifter
Levergunner

Post by Low Plains Drifter »

Booger Bill wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:57 am One Sunday I was home in Lancaster on the phone talking to my best buddy, another guard that I worked with who was manning the gate at site 2. That is the Lockheed Skunk Works. Being a Sunday he was by himself as there were no plant workers. He got a radio call patch in from the tower or control center I could also clearly hear. A SR 71 pilot or more likely the back seat radio/navigator guy was informing that they lost a engine over salt lake and were going to land plant 42 (Palmdale) in 14 minuets, and could they have the fly way gate opened? That was the gate from our plant to access the field runway.
Salt Lake to Palmdale is a track of 500 to 550 miles! I lived near the field. I timed him and went outside. Here they came, right on time fourteen minuets later! Figure out the speed they had to be doing when they lost one engine and the logistics to bleed off the speed, elevation etc to land on one engine!
Another time I was manning that gate at night and a TR-2 came in, (a later version of the old "U-2"). The pilot which I knew, later came through going home. It was a super clear night and he remarked ( or marveled) to me that he had just seen the lights of San Francisco and Phoenix at the same time!
I wa stationed at McConnell AFB in 1968 and one day we were told to stay away from the flight line. Security was going crazy.
So being the curious airmen that we were, we headed to the flight line to see. We saw the tail end of the strangest plane we had ever seen sticking out of one of our hangars. We thought it was a UFO. No one would tell us anything. Turns out an SR71 had made an emergency landing in the early morning hours. At that time the public had never heard of such a plane.
I'll never forget the sight of those twin offset tail fins on that black body!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

By the early 70's the SR71 was not officially acknowledged but more and more folks had seen it. Our egress manual (tells us how to get folks out of aircraft during an emergency) had exactly one page. A line drawing of the shape of the crew area with an arrow pointing at a door. Behind the door was a T-handle. Instructions were to open the door with a snoopy wrench and pull the handle. That's it. If it worked the crew would be ejected and the plane was to burn. If it didn't work the crew and the plane were to burn.

By the mid 70's I'd seen a couple of low passes during daylight. I guess they figured by then the cat was out of the bag. I also figured they had it's replacement well on the way or maybe even built. Now considering the "acknowledged" abilities of the SR71, imagine what it's replacement would be capable of. This was as I said in the mid 70's. Heck we all know that the only limits now on aircraft is the ability of the crew to survive a flight. Take out a pilot and...
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I was with Lockheed 35 years, 1965 to 2,000. That`s 19 1/2 years I have been out of the loop. I knew or at least met all the old timers like Kelley Johnson, Tony Levier, Gary Powers, Herb "Fish" Salmon etc. We were threaten pretty strongly to not discuss anything we seen etc even to our wives. It was kind of a farce when Mc Namara himself come with a lot of info on the YF 12 and the SR 71 and we were to play dumb if asked about it.
We would get tested occasionally in various ways by government spooks. One kind of bugged me. We usually were armed but this time I and my partner were assigned to Edwards AFB to guard "something" at night. Since it was a AFB we weren't allowed to bring our guns. Our area was empty of workers as it might have been a weekend or holiday. I got a alarm and sent my partner to it. He checked and found nothing. Then I later got another alarm in a different area. Now I was pretty sure we were being tested and took this one. I was in the blackest area of a unlit area of a hanger. Someone yelled out, FREEZE! Ah got a gun on ya! `I complied and went through the drill. It was a black guy that I recognized from some other event. Then he, I and my partner got into it. As luck would have it my partner was a ex AF AP dog man himself. Had this happened elsewhere I may well have shot him.
End result was NONE of us made a report to our betters.
I spent time many nights out on the desert at remote sites guarding stuff. When you spend long nights in unlit remote areas on the desert you do see comets etc. Once I heard a pack of dogs yipping and it turned out to be a guy with a dog team pulling a sled with wheels fixed on it practicing for the Alaska Iditarod! I enjoyed working assignments away from the factory. Twice i recall being took down at gun point by AP`s in remote areas as when we were assigned them we didn't wear uniforms.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

AP’s weren’t a fireman’s best friend. Jealous that we got the good looking women I think. Had one hold me at gunpoint for crossing an imaginary line on the flight line with the right front tire of my fire truck. Darned foolhad the audacity to chamber a round in his M16.

Turned out he was a rookie. His NCOIC tried to cover for him. I made it real clear if I saw him on the flight line again he might just get run over. Never saw him again. They probably sent him out to the aircraft gunnery range. You weren’t supposed to have a mag in the weapon much less chamber a round. Heck this was stateside at a training base.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lockheed holds the patent on the idea to have a missile orient itself for reentry by using star charts. The blacksmith who gave them the idea only had an 8th grade education and was never credited.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 pm Consider God's entire Universe and think about your answers again.
+1
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Sometimes though, God gets a little help with the inventions of Man.

My first job out of UT was scientific programmer at the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest north of Dallas.
I did data reduction for scientists in the Atmosphere and Space Sciences Department. They launched from Churchill Bay, Canada many instrument packages with high altitude balloons and rockets. Also sent research packages to the moon and deep space. One of the scientists consulted to NASA to assure that our astronauts were safe from cosmic rays/radiation.

You could not believe what folks on the ground thought of the balloons at twilight, sunrise, or night. Weather balloons all over the world have been mistaken for invaders from Mars and such. Even such natural illusions such as seeing a floating city or mountain when driving on a highway in hot weather are reported as unnatural events.
If nothing else, the human mind can be imaginative!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

All I got was a link to Hannity when I clicked on that link. Weird?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

marlinman93 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 am All I got was a link to Hannity when I clicked on that link. Weird?
Yeah - it was a segment of the Tucker Carlson show originally. Not sure what happened to the link..... :?
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Several years back there were UFO sightings near Waco. A coyote hunter looked through his NVD and saw "Not a step" stenciled on the UFO in a couple of places. Care to guess to whom the UFO belonged?
D. Brian Casady
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

alien.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now I just have to wonder whether to believe you guys or the two military pilots that described seeing them, one from WWII before the SR et al. :shock:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dad was a commercial pilot with a major US carrier. Crews would often see unexplainable things, reports would be filed with the FAA/ Airforce. Normally nothing would come from it but on occasion the guys would get a visit from a pair of AF officers. Just what exactly is seen by people I guess we will never know.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Can't be any weirder than what we see at Walmart occasionally.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Can't be any weirder than what we see at Walmart occasionally.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That bears repeating.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

More - https://youtu.be/PRgoisHRmUE - from Nimitz carrier group.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

it says right in the video, they are seeing tic tacs !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

What flavor?
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 pmWhat flavor?
not known yet. they can't catch them . . .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am starting to worry. As many of the little tic tacs as Wal Mart sells, are we in for an invasion when theyvgrow up?
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just hot air from Washington state
BROWN LABS MATTER !!