Veggin' and watching Westerns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Veggin' and watching Westerns

Post by 2ndovc »

Been working my behind off and finally catching a break with the calm weather that has slowed down the insurance claims for the first time since December.
Just watched Quigley again, haven't seen it in quite awhile. The remake of True Grit is just starting but I really can't stand Matt Damon.

Anyway, I find myself getting out my Sharps and a single action to fondle while watching and was curious if any of you guys do the same thing? I'm at peace with my weirdness. :D

jb 8)
Last edited by 2ndovc on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Re: Veggin' and watching Westerns

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jason, we must share that same weirdness! :wink:

Why wouldn't one fondle his single-action, lever-action, or Sharps when watching either film? In fact, I can't resist roll-cocking my 1892 reproduction when watching "True Grit". :D

I saw the remake once; the only time I intend on watching it. Matt Damon is a leftist puke... :evil:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

:D

Damon is a huge leftist hypocrite! He made millions in the movies killing people but says that the general public should be disarmed. Yet his gated homes and security are exempt. I really wish they had cast someone else in that role, I've always been a big fan of "The Dude" Bridges. :D

jb 8)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The dangerous thing is, depending on what movies you like to watch, you might have to actually buy some new guns to go along with the movie...!

I need to watch Shooter some time when I have a few thousand bucks layin' around..... :twisted:

Or if I win the lottery, I'm gonna be watching Predator....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

Always have, drives my wife nuts so I have to be really careful about clicking noises 😂
Especially for westerns but sometimes for more modern movies I’ll fondle a 1911.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I have always did that with westerns, although I do not do it with AR15 movies.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

THAT IS SHEER BRILLIANCE! I don't know why I never thought of that before. I've heard of a lot of reasons for buy a new gun but that takes the cake. You just can't feel the true essence of a film masterpiece without the proper props from the movie. That said I actually do have one of the neck knives used to film THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS with Daniel Day Lewis.
When Jr was much younger he used to watch THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER with his rocking horse pulled up in front of the TV and holding a cheap little Mexican made cow whip. Come to think of it he used to get a pretty good cardio work out watching that movie. He even got into it so intently one time that his rocking horse threw him. I still have the horse.

Now go forth and do likewise.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I guess this habit started for me as a kid watching the Cisco Kid on my friends TV, we didn't have a TV but I was always tooled up with the correct toy shooting irons.... :wink:
Of course I only do it now when one of my guns needs a little polishing..... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

We won't even mention having a Martini-Henry at hand whilst watching "Zulu" for the hundredth time ...

8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 am We won't even mention having a Martini-Henry at hand whilst watching "Zulu" for the hundredth time ...

8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there!
"First rank, fire! Reload! Second rank, fire!" :D

Happy to hear I'm not alone in the weirdness!

jb 8)