Takedowns and others at Cabelas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Takedowns and others at Cabelas

Post by fordwannabe »

Had to meet somebody today and we decided to meet At Cabelas in Hamburg pa. While waiting went to the levergun rack and lots of Winchester model 94’ both pre 64 and post. One pre 64 in 32wS was marked $449. Also went into the gun library whoa. Original 1886 takedown in 33 wcf, model 94 takedown in 32 was, takedown in 38-55, a regular frame 26 in round barrel in 38-55 for 1299.
Lots of stuff and prices weren’t stupid high. Just letting you know.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Takedowns and others at Cabelas

Post by piller »

Too far away for me. With my job not giving me a schedule more than 3 to 5 days in advance, sometimes less, I cannot take off without taking vacation. Do Not let your sons be Pharmacists.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I've been to that Cabela's in Hamburg. It's one of the orginal ones, before they started building them like mini-box stores.

Beautiful area also.

Be nice to go by there shopping, but it's a bit of a drive from southwest Ohio.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Tom....that's a strange Gun Library they have.....I've seen junk way overpriced and what was good was also overpriced......I've also know guys who have made steals there...they live nearby and hit it weekly so I stopped wasting my time. Isn't that where you got a steal on a gun a while ago?---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yup that’s the place. Really wish I had the cabbage for that 94 in 38-55. Being broke sucks.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I stopped there a few weeks back and saw those pre 64's for under 500. I was tempted but had just spent major cash going to my youngest sons wedding. I told myself I didn't lack lever guns but don't have a 30wcf. 15 years ago one would of come home with me!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:48 am Yup that’s the place. Really wish I had the cabbage for that 94 in 38-55. Being broke sucks.
Now....stop lying......you ain't never broke.....stop racing that Mustang around and breaking parts........besides, when you get extra money, stop over and we will root around for a 38-55 for ya.....there's I think 4 in there. ....your money launderer..---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Takedowns and others at Cabela

Post by fordwannabe »

More like my “pusher” come on little boy just try one little levergun it won’t hurt ya. NOW I AM ADDICTED. Well I am at least part of that last word according to Mrs fordwannabe.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Cabela's gun prices are always a mystery. There among all the overpriced stuff, you can find real bargains.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My nickel 1892 octagon in 32-20 was in amongst some 30-30 post 64’s $399.99 AND I had a 10 percent off coupon and $120 on points. Yes. Thank you.😁
Alan in Vermont
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Alan in Vermont »

I was at the Cabelas' in Scarborough, ME back in early March. The BassPro influence was showing heavily at that time. They did have a bunch of interesting stuff in their used gun section. Several leverguns, more 32 WS than I have ever seen in one place with a lot of them sporting receiver sights. Prices were better than we see here in NW Vermont, I would have been very interested in a couple of them but lacked the loose $$ to make it happen.

My wife just looked up the store online and it will be closing. Another victory for modern business practices.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

That store may be closing but you still have Kittery trading post. I have bought several guns from them. Call after 430-5, the deals are said to be better then.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I've bought from Kittery as well.