Here is a challenging job

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Here is a challenging job

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Pretty sad that there is still so much ordnance out there, a century later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIBE64CAgs
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Here is a challenging job

Post by AJMD429 »

I think there is a huge area of France that is still a no-go zone, but I think it's actually because of chemicals or radiation from the previous Wars.

Where I live, the only things we find in the soil or the occasional arrowhead or spent cartridge case.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Here is a challenging job

Post by 2ndovc »

That's just one small part of France. There are crews all over Europe that look and test for unexploded ordinance every day. When I was in The Hague in '03 I saw a large van in front of one of the Gov. buildings with an area sectioned off with cones and tape. Just so happened that I'd seen a documentary on a new tech. that helped find unexploded bombs without having to dig first. It used a large metal hydraulic piston that was driven into the soil from the back of the van and then used a type of sonar to locate objects that fit the profile of unexploded ordinance. I have a picture of it somewhere, have to see if I can find it.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"