USPS thieves

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

USPS thieves

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Got the disheartening news that the two 1921 Morgan silver dollars I sent priority in a padded envelope to a good friend's twin sons along with a graduation note did not make it from New Mexico to California. Some scumbag in the postal system swiped the silver but left the note. It was delivered to a locked mailbox, so the theft occurred within the USPS. First time such a thing has happened to me in over six decades using the U.S. mail. Really, really disappointing.
I know, never send cash.

:twisted:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: USPS thieves

Post by AJMD429 »

I send small amounts of cash sometimes, but there's no way to avoid sending 'cash' if you're sending collectible coins....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It's happened to me three times......all with small packages.......now I insure for $3-500 and put them in a big box with lots of tape......Doc...remember the tape? ------6
Model A Uzi’s
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'll be going that route from now on, too, Six.
Thing that gets me most is that those two boys have been through so much this past year. The good stuff was that they were on the Pleasant Valley High School football team that won the California state championship in their division.
The bad stuff is that one of their best friends shot himself to death last fall, and then came the Camp Fire. Their house outside Chico in Little Butte Creek canyon was only barely saved from that monster. The fence and much of the landscaping burned, they lost the well house and tool shed, and it was so hot some of the paint on the siding blistered.
Now this sleezeball insult by some creep inside the USPS.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Bill, You might want to consider sending valuable (for whatever reason) "stuff" via either Priority or Registered Mail - both of which parcels have to be signed for by everybody who handles it, every step of the way.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That sucks! The envelope is where ya went wrong Bill. Always send a box- yeah it will cost more but like Six does tape the pelosi out of it !
I've said it before- PEOPLE SUCK!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Guys, learned my lesson about envelopes, padded and otherwise, darn it.
:evil:
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Sorry to hear about this. Did USPS postal inspectors offer any hope? Something similar happened to me and they said they knew where just not who was stealing. A couple weeks later I got a request to come down to Lansing to try and identify my property but alas the woman who stole it (a family heirloom watch) apparently pawned it already.

It might help (according to USPS inspector I spoke with) to label the outside of package with something deceptive. Like 'Bad Seals' or Repair Dept c/o John Doe. No one wants to steal something broken.

Wm
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

HOME AIDS TEST SAMPLE - RUSH!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

I have had packages lost for up to three weeks, but they always arrived intact. Nonetheless, I insure everything. That insurance is very expensive, and I've never had to collect on it, but I buy it anyway.

Very sorry for 1) the loss for both you and your friend's sons, and 2) that there are people in the world that would steal such a thoughtful gift. Particularly if they work in the post office. It probably wasn't their first theft.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Bill, may the thief have bad luck every day for the rest of his life. I doubt if he or she would own up to what they have done.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:27 pm HOME AIDS TEST SAMPLE - RUSH!
This reminds me of george liddy's (of watergate infamy ) tales of while incarcerated of labeling every head outside of the cellblock "syphilis only" just in case he had to sit on the pot while on work detail to insure he had a clean place to go.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is funny!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Billy, customer service reps. at both a.p.m.e.x. and j.m. bullion admit that ounce weight coins, rounds and bars in padded envelopes seem easily recognized and vulnerable to hawkeyed, sticky fingered posties.

The theory is that the action of the small but dense mass in a much larger envelope is distinct and readily visible as it passes through the sorting apparati.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Good to know, Ray. I ordered replacements from JM Bullion.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Last year they "lost" a 25lb bag of lead shot I ordered from a member here. this is a scam from top to bottom in the usps and likely All know about it. just business, You pay's Yer money and takes Yer chances................................................. the joke is on all of us.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Filed an insurance claim and a theft case with the Postal Inspector.
I don't care nearly as much about the coins as I do that the nasty little, um, sucker, creeping around like a cockroach in a post office somewhere gets caught and punished. Oh for 60 seconds in the woodshed with this bozo, and I have a Louisville Slugger ...

:evil:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Bill that cockroach needs a public beating! Just after church in bright sun right in the middle of town. Make the people see that theft will NOT be tolerated!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I had a rifle stolen by USPS once. It showed as last scanned in Pittsburgh, PA, but never out. The postal inspector agreed that it had been stolen by a USPS employee. A letter might get stuck to the back of another or torn up in a sorter, but not a scoped rifle!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

JB, that's pretty brazen all right. Sorry for your loss. Hoping to hear something -- anything -- back from the USPS.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I had a 450 Bushmaster upper 'disappear' in a UPS faculty. Finally called the seller and they tracked it to same location and promptly shipped a replacement via a different carrier.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!