A Great Idea.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

A Great Idea.....

Post by .45colt »

Momma and I were out and about today and stopped at an antique store. loads of stuff I would never be interested in but I saw one decent size skull mount from a Mule Deer. I had to lean over a bunch of stuff with My readers on to see a small plaque on the bottom front. In the middle was the Hunters name flanked by " Lewiston Montana 1963............................. " 300 Savage....150 yards". it really struck Me like I was there. :shock: . Made My Day. I will make sure My mounts have the same information.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Great Idea.....

Post by 2ndovc »

I have a whitetail mount from an old gentleman with similar info. He even mounted the 8mm Mauser case below the head. My mom was a realtor and had sold his house for him, she noticed the date at the bottom and asked him if I could come by and look at it. He had shot the deer in PA not far from our cabin on the day I was born. Nov. 27th 1967. He thought that was pretty cool and gave me his trophy. I offered to pay him for it but he wouldn't take a dime. It's hanging up in my basement with my mounts along with my grandfathers. I've been writing the same info on the few deer mounts that were special to me.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Great Idea.....

Post by Pete44ru »

Yes, it is (a great idea)

This is the 1st buck I ever took in Maine (217lbs)

(1980, using a peepsighted .30-06 BAR @ 30yds)