Some Folks Think

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Some Folks Think

Post by Griff »

Cowboy Action Shooting is all about speed... I think it's about fun... (click on picture for video)
I don't think I'm especially slow... but more like "deliberate!!!"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Some Folks Think

Post by J Miller »

Hey Griff, every target has a different sound. You could play music on them with enough rounds. :mrgreen:

As far as speed, you're moving faster than I am ... :oops:
Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A deliberate hit is 100% better than a very fast miss..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good shootin' Griff!
You're faster than I am, buddy.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool beans Griff, your moving faster than me too. :) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Speed! The fastest thing at most of the cowboy shoots at my range, were the golf carts..... Sure were alot of interesting and knowledgable folks to talk with. AND 99% of them are faster than me.. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D that’s about my speed .
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Lookin' good Griff. Really makes me wish I could go shootin. Got the invitation to the big shoot at Branson yesterday and just groaned cause I get another knee next month. Boy, I'd like to go.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff......your still in the "spirit of the game", unlike most folks.

Did it for years...'93?-04?.....was decent....far from the best......won a lot....a few "big" matches. I used a pair of single action Colts in 44Spl. and sometimes in 44-40.....Winchesters/Marlins in all pistol calibers with a full tube Ithaca double and a few times with this hammered monstrosity that I sold Griff. :D all guns were factory...no action jobs...etc....

Our handgun targets were usually 20-30 yards away...rifle was many times 50 - 75 yards away.....shotguns needed full loads to knock down the poppers.

Then.......it all changed....people complained ...targets became 7-15 yds.....calibers went to 32 mag or 38 Spl....shotguns used those little one inch things. I quit.-------6

Went to levergun silhouette.....old original guns with period sights and 3-5 lb triggers....then that changed.....now there's fiber optic sights, aperture front sights, 10 ounce triggers.....speciality loads for each animal....I haven't quit...yet...but not far from it.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six it's the same in my game- international trap. When I started shooting it in '83 you could shoot up to ounce & 1/4- then 1&1/8 then an ounce now its 24 gram (13/16), total scores means squat, AND ya gotta shoot a final shoot off with music playing! Who the phuck comes up with this pelosi!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny.....I'll tell ya what happens to about all of the shooting sports.....the guys who are the best cheat......they are already great but want to be greater. And it's these same mf's who watch everyone else like a hawk. I've seen it all too many times. The other "Gunny" and me were at a mess of levergun silhouette state championships and regionals and we started paying attention to the "greats".......watching them shoot animals out of sequence....wrong bank.....calling hits on spun targets......over and over.....we never called them on it because it was their clubs and we would have been f---ed with in other ways.....we just let it all go...had a good time for 11 years...and just stopped going when the fun ran out......

And of course, the "greats" were the ones who did all of the scoring....rules......telling each person where they would be starting at.....at one club, the sun rises on the right side of the range where it's shaded in the morning and as the day goes, the sun and shade follow.......funny thing......the "greats" always had the shade.

Don't mean to run them all down as we all had a good time and for the most part, fun was had by all.....it's just THEY made sure they had the edge.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

True but in the case of international trap the governing body made the changes in an attempt to get more spectators- ya gotta admit unless you are a shooter the target games are boring to watch.

Yes there are a few 'greats' in every sport, we had one as a regular but when the rules were enforced he stopped coming.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!