It's been raining on and off today and in between chores I cast a few bullets.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

It's been raining on and off today and in between chores I cast a few bullets.

Post by JimT »

The first are for .38/357
160 gr. SWC These will be sized .358"

The others are for the 480 Achilles.
These are the Ralph Huffaker bullet designed for the .476 Eley. It weighs 290 gr. and is a "Round Nose Hollow Base Heel bullet". They are shot as cast.

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: It's been raining on and off today and in between chores I cast a few bullets.

Post by J Miller »

I've got to get somewhere I can shoot. Looking at those shiny bullets is killing me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: It's been raining on and off today and in between chores I cast a few bullets.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, I confess those Achilles bullets make we want to attach a Greenie Stick-M cap to the nose and feathers to the rear ...

:lol:
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:06 pm Jim, I confess those Achilles bullets make we want to attach a Greenie Stick-M cap to the nose and feathers to the rear ...

:lol:
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

Wacha gonna use to light duh fire?
(Load data)
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I've always wanted to get a 3-1/2" to 4" bird's head SAA done up in 480 Achilles. Is there a mold maker that one can order the Huffaker bullet mold from?
Last edited by Rimfire McNutjob on Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

BrianSH wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:32 am Wacha gonna use to light duh fire?
(Load data)
The .357's will be loaded with WC820 (military surplus H110) ... 1200 fps loads.

The Achilles with Unique ... 6.5 gr. for about 850 fps.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:52 am I've always wanted to get a 3-1/2" to 4" bird's head SAA done up in 480 Achilles.
That sounds like fun. Shortest I have seen is 4 3/4" .... looked good.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

JimT wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:54 am
Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:52 am I've always wanted to get a 3-1/2" to 4" bird's head SAA done up in 480 Achilles.
That sounds like fun. Shortest I have seen is 4 3/4" .... looked good.
Yeah, it might make more sense at 4-1/4" or so. I don't want to go so short that I have to give up the ejector like a Sherrif's model.

I edited my earlier post too late for you to see my mold question. Is there a source for the Huffaker molds? That bullet looks fantastic for this application.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:58 am I edited my earlier post too late for you to see my mold question. Is there a source for the Huffaker molds? That bullet looks fantastic for this application.
Sorry but I lost track of him years ago.