The Public Perception of 'Hunters'....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

The Public Perception of 'Hunters'....

Post by AJMD429 »

The general public (i.e. 'electorate') has a dim view of those who choose to harvest their own meat, such as this young woman, just in case you wondered.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
MingoKid
Levergunner 1.0

Re: The Public Perception of 'Hunters'....

Post by MingoKid »

I prefer to think of free range organic meat.
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Come on Doc.....there obviously was other issues going on with this babe.....do you remember when John Lennon was murdered and there was a rash of suicides immediately afterwards? ----6
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dunno if she had other issues or was just emotionally wimpy, but to think that people sent her death threats because she was a Hunter is disgusting. Those people ought to have to endure that now, and see what it is like... :evil:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

EG73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by EG73 »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:12 pm Come on Doc.....there obviously was other issues going on with this babe.....do you remember when John Lennon was murdered and there was a rash of suicides immediately afterwards? ----6

I saw people offering/recommending counselling and what not after Clinton lost.. people need a life..

And the comments mentioned in the news article after her death are low and sickening. At least the members on this forum give me hope there are some decent people left..
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

When you make your life public, be prepared. Society is slowly regressing back to how nature made them..uncivilized animals. The "dog eat dog" mentality that was prevalent in the sixties when I was a kid has turned into an all out war to see who gets the most and will legally kill you with lawyers to get what they want and will think nothing of financially destroying an individual or a business.

As far as I'm concerned, the overwhelming percentage of people just are not any good. I see it everyday. They will run you off the road because they are late picking up their snotty kids from soccer practice but will be nice to your face in a store. There's not a house within 15 miles of me that's less than 10 years old with less than 4,000 sq. feet of living space and a pair of BMW's in their three or four car garage and they will sue anybody for anything if you give them the chance.

If that poor girl was truthfully pushed to self demise by a ruthless cyber crowd it tells me she was unprepared for the reality of what people today have become. It's only going to get worse.....why any couple would bring children into this nasty world is beyond rational thinking.---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

First public perception of me and my actions means nada to me. I have family and friends and as long as we don’t pee on each other’s wheaties too much those are the opinions I care about. The other opinion that matters to me is that dude staring at me from the mirror when I brush my teeth. The most important is when I am talking to my God. People on social media.....please could not care less if I tried. My favorite is the sloppy anti hunter yelling at me that I shouldn’t kill animals while she was eating a chicken sandwich. Uh tofu chicken? Not.
According to social media I am an abomination but yesterday in church I was told I was chosen, purchased with blood, and loved no matter what. I’ll go with that one.
White
Heterosexual
Male
Christian
Gun owner
Hunter
America loving
Redneck with a job.
Surprised y’all even talk to me.
Sorry she succumbed to the pressure.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

She was a young woman who made a bad choice, as people will sometimes do, and she chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

No do-over. Sad... But it happens.

As for the nasty comments from her nega-fans... They were excrement long before this girl entered their lives, or they entered hers.

I seriously doubt they were the issue in whatever her problem was.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Good grief. Where do I start? Of course Facebook, and other similar sites are full of wackos that live to bully and abuse anyone who posts anything they don't agree with. And of course most of us know the intelligence level of the vast number of FB users who live their lives spending untold hours there each day.
The fact these same idiots would be so aggressive towards her hunting blog, isn't a surprise. The same types who search for posts to make derogatory comments on are sickos who have no life beyond their internet connections.
We live in a sick society where many people today put animal lives and rights higher than human lives. Their gleeful responses to her suicide are perfect examples of where their priorities are. These are a bunch of hypocrites, and bullies who take pride in driving someone to suicide. They'll cry out that hunters are killing defenseless animals as they eat their burgers in the local yuppie restaurant.
Wish there was something that could be done to silence these crazies, but the only real option is to not put yourself "out there" for their scrutiny and bullying.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

God I wish they'd put a season on the d...a...m liberals !
No bag limit of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am afraid it will happen in about 2 years.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Wow - this police chief got put on 'administrative leave' for 'liking' a tweet that said "Merry Christmas" - because it was from the NRA.... :shock: :roll: :evil:

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/04/ ... nra-trump/

EG73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by EG73 »

Just to add to all the stuff in this thread about what so many people are like nowadays...it’s what they’re all lacking, and it’s one word.

Respect.

They have no respect for others. People can’t bite their tongues anymore and everyone has to have their say.. need to learn to get over themselves..
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

The obsession with Facebook is a disease. Some, like this poor young woman, post every detail of their lives hoping the approval of others -- complete strangers, although falsely and insidiously styled "friends" on Facebook -- will lend their lives validation and worth. Others frequent Facebook only to satisfy their pathological need to boost their own self-worth by belittling and destroying people of the first type anonymously. Sick, sick, sick...

I don't believe hunting had anything to do with it. She could have been showing off her new prom dress or a new car, or talking about her vacation trip. The subjects of posts were just the thing the other sickos chose to take off on.