Who has 73,000 Bump-stocks...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Who has 73,000 Bump-stocks...???

Post by AJMD429 »

Well, evidently these guys used to.... :shock:

I never would have wanted one, because they seemed to deter accurate aimed fire, and be a potential safety hazard. Of course when they were being legislated against, like a true rebel, I briefly thought "Now I need one..." and even thought how to rationalize it "....because they might be a good investment if grandfathered in".

Glad I didn't go down that road.

I still disagree with the principle of 'banning' whatever is politically-incorrect though... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Who has 73,000 Bump-stocks...???

Post by fordwannabe »

I agree with you Doc this is NOT the way America is supposed to work. Seems a might totalitarian to me.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

on a more positive note, it is said that over a million - greater-than 10-round magazines were shipped to california in just one week.
m.A.g.a. !
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Since I had my fill of AR's when I was in the service, I've never been interested buying an AR, never mind a bump stock - but am unhappy about the Gov't criminalizing personal property that was previously purchased legally. :evil:

Think about it - What if the Gov't did the same with whatever brand of vehicle you've bought because it was in too many accidents or recalls ?

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Never been an AR fan, but I've owned 4 or 5, and still own one. Never a fan of the bump stock, as I saw no purpose for it, but I believe if someone wants one they shouldn't be illegal to own. There are numerous things that are regulated, or very tough to own. A bump stock should have simply become another Class 3 item, and allow people who really want one to simply pay a small tax and register them to keep them. If a bump stock is illegal, then how long before all Class 3 weapons are made illegal too?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Doc, do you remember the incredible run on AR lowers back in 1994? Then the ATF came out and threatened that even if you had the lower, you would have to prove you had the rifle assembled before the law took effect. It wasn't enough to own the parts. And the burden of proof was on the owner of course, not the government. I'm so glad that law sunset.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.