Superman Jams a 1911....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Superman Jams a 1911....

Post by AJMD429 »

...does anyone else remember the Superman episode (1960's TV not the movie) we're the bad guy guys to shoot him, and computer-like mind recalls the design of the 1911 so he pushes forward on the muzzle enough that the link rotates the barrel out of battery and gun won't fire...?

I miss the days when details like that would be in a movie with the assumption that most viewers would understand what was going on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Superman Jams a 1911....

Post by gamekeeper »

Being a bit deaf I use the sub titles on the TV, I have to laugh at the wrong descriptions of firearms, rifles become shotguns, cocking the hammer is clicking the safety catch, out of ammo is gun jammed and I lose count of pump actions and lever actions that are racked at least twice before shooting :roll:
Come back Superman....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Doc, IIRC ol Superman used his pointer finger to push back on the barrel....but I could be way wrong on that as it was more than a week ago since I saw it (closer to five decades).
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

fordwannabe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 am Doc, IIRC ol Superman used his pointer finger to push back on the barrel....but I could be way wrong on that as it was more than a week ago since I saw it (closer to five decades).
Yep I remember very clearly the brief appearance on the screen of the cross section of a 1911 showing it going partially out of battery.

Even as a grade school kid I understood the mechanism, because one of the other kids in third grade had brought a 1911 to show some of us how it worked; his dad was a gunsmith and had removed the firing pin and replaced it with a stubby one that held the little back plate in place but didn't protrude in front so it could not fire a cartridge. The kid didn't get permission from any teacher, and was showing it to us on the playground. When one of the teachers saw what was happening and he explained it to her that the firing pin had been altered so it would not fire, she said "I'm sorry, but I will have to ask the principal to check that to make sure you boys are being safe," then took it to the principal, who knew enough about guns to field strip it while three or four of us young kids stood there suitably impressed, and then he put it back together and showed us how it worked.

These days they would have called the SWAT team and locked us all up....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Doc....don't remember that particular episode but I sure remember the "schools and guns" thing.....me and a couple of other guys used to small game hunt after school .....right down the road from the school...with the principle and the history teacher.....6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We used to see rifles and shotguns in the gunrack of pickups parked in the student parking lot back in high school. No problems ever.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Some of my favorites. When projectiles expecially shotguns hit folks and sends them flying through the air. Should also be sending the firer flying backwards if it could do that.
Also when some alien or monster has bullets bouncing right off it but then someone succeeds in driving an axe or metal stake by hand into it :?
And watching Jumanji with my brothers kids and they asked what the scoped big rifle the bad guy van pelt is carrying. I said its a Korean Daewoo USAS-12 with 20 shot drum and its no rifle its a 12 gauge. :lol:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 pm We used to see rifles and shotguns in the gunrack of pickups parked in the student parking lot back in high school. No problems ever.
yup, saw the same thing. in those days I bought firearms from magazine ads. no problems. including a Webley 455 revolver.

the good Old days
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

SIXGUN
Guess during our highschool days we lived not to far apart.Here I grew up in Ephrata,Pa. The school had one of the finest rifle teams in the county.Real .22's firing short target ammo.Hunted many a day right after school once football was over with teachers.All us guys carried a barlow pocket knife and the shop teacher cheched them for sharpness.Guys that rode the bus would keep their shotguns in their lockers till afterschool.Long for those days.now hard pressed to find a bunny in the old places.