Doing my part

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Doing my part

Post by JimT »

to help keep the planet warm. We don't need another Ice Age.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Doing my part

Post by gamekeeper »

When I worked in local government, my boss told me to report any farmers that were burning stubble on their fields as it had just become illegal to do so :roll:
I never did :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

These days there is a law about most everything. Seems the government took a page from Baptist and Pentecostal preachers .... afraid that someone might be having fun! :D
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Many years ago, when people in the big cities first started to segregate their garbage for recycling purposes, a man name of williams who was a regular contributor to backwoods home magazine wrote that one "load" of the recycling plastics should be held back in reserve in northern climes for the purpose of emergency heating.

oh ! you should have read all of the irate letters to the editor from the environmentally conscious readers.....they got mister williams down the road, even threatening violence......the next issue he recanted his advice and apologized saying :

"you all are right. although the gist of the article was about surviving a blizzard, the environment is too precious and, before you burn any plastics for emergency heat, you should first let your family freeze to death !"
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Brother Jim! It looks like you and I were collaborating on "doing the right thing" today :D I have this tree that got knocked down in a storm a few years ago and I cut the trunk even with the ground. I'm not one to spend money on things I can do myself....like renting a trunk grinder.....(ya know, there's Winchesters and Colts out there that need buying).....

So, what I do is wait about two years, drill a mess of holes, then very casually insert a creosoted telephone pole in there.....just a smokin' away. :D ---6

Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Excellent Sixgun!

But ... lest folks think we are completely insensitive to the environment, I would like it to be made known that we DO recycle! At times anyway. Often a poopy diaper gets left in the yard .. and I won't pick it up until the dogs have thoroughly cleaned it. NOTHING goes to wast!
EG73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by EG73 »

Any sticks, leaves etc from trimming the plants in my garden goes in the incinerator. I also burn paper and cardboard products. Keeps the nutrients from my yard in my yard when I scatter the ash instead of removing it/plant material.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A friend of mine who is VERY dedicated to conservation once told me "...environmentalists give conservationists a bad name..."
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jim....I agree.......while I do things that the picture shows I also. (Bite my tongue)...recycle.......the township picks up every Wednesday......no separating.......glass, plastic, metal, magazines/newspaper...just throw it in the buckets and leave it at the end of the driveway.

Now, I'll tell ya why I do this.....I think I'm the only person in the township who does not have trash pick up. I ain't paying $30 a month for something I can do myself.......the above things get recycled, loose paper things get burned in the burn pit, all bad food gets thrown over the fence or out front....foxes come every night...they eat about everything........before they eat they knock on the door and ask if Nate is anywhere around.

People today spend so much money they don't have to.....I also think I'm the last one in the township who cuts his own grass.

This pic was taken a month or so ago....just saw them five minutes ago....---6

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No rodents around with those little guys around. I wouldn't harm one UNLESS I had chickens and a fox got into the chicken coop. They may be wild, and would do what they are born to do, they are fun to watch.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

Winston Churchill

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law"

Pretty much said.

Mark
Alan in Vermont
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Alan in Vermont »

Mandatory recycling here in VT. The powers that be are now finding there is a declining market for the recycled materials. There is much Pelosi about what can/cannot go in the blue bins it's a nightmare that defies all logic. Glass jars are OK but a broken window pane isn't. Tin cans are OK but any other metal scrap is verboten. But the enviro-Nazis are still pushing for more categories of materials to be recycled. Food scraps are now, or soon to be, on the list. People I know in the urban area south(Peoples Republik of Burlington) of us generally put their trash out the night before pickup day. It's gonna be a smorgasbord for skunks, foxes and free roaming dogs with what they don't eat scattered about from torn trash bags.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

If there's a problem with critters on trash day, put a splash of household ammonia in the bag or bin. The critters bite through and get a snoot full of NH3, and quit it.
The ammonia breaks down into hydro and evaporates, and nitrogen which grow the plants.
Fox for Nath.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

BrianSH wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 pm If there's a problem with critters on trash day, put a splash of household ammonia in the bag or bin. The critters bite through and get a snoot full of NH3, and quit it.
The ammonia breaks down into hydro and evaporates, and nitrogen which grow the plants.
Fox for Nath.jpg
Dang! Wish I would have known that...I took this pic about 10 minutes ago...every night, the same two show up for free eats...the cat food we put out......well, it don't bother me...I like to see them.....---6

This,one was a couple of months ago..he is well fed.

Model A Uzi’s
EG73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by EG73 »

That is a faaaat Fox!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I like foxes, too. I like all the canids.
Here is a desert fox at the state park where I volunteer.

Imagefullsizeoutput_f0e by ComeWatson, on Flickr
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's a nice picture Bill........the foxes face almost looks fat.....damm! they are pretty animals). I hope I don't sound too liberal with that)---6
Model A Uzi’s
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

Corgi's remind of fat foxes.