Winchester 71, where's the love???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 71, where's the love???

Post by big bear »

Was looking for reasons not to thin my 71 herd and saw little discussion about this rifles on here of late.I was thinking of selling a 71 to help finance a moose hunt, but...
I have :
#1"hunter" 71, short tang 71, paid $700 because bluing scabbard worn, nut stock broken epoxy replied with recoils pad and a bunch of other junk on butstock. restocked with replica buttstock, added redfield receiver sight and a King reflector front sight.

#2&3 2 short tang Deluxe 71, wrapped etc. for long term storage, both mint, each fired less than 20 rounds bought from relatives of former owners who had checked out to the big range upstairs.

#4 short tang with bolt peep 90% condition

#5 Browning carbine 71 with Turnbull mounted Burris Fastfire II redot sight, got this rifle for a lot less than $800 because of 2 specks of pitting on receiver. I can honestly get 3 shots under 1.5" at 100yds with this one.

#6 Short tang 71 90% , most accurate 71 I have shoots under 1" 3-4 round groups at 100yds from time time on my good days.

This is down from :shock: too many 71's , sold a new in box Shot Show Winchester 71 (had the tang safety),new in box High Grade browning 71 rifle, and as new Browning 71 carbine, :( , all to finance another hunting trip.

Need talking off the cliff, thinking of selling another 71, cause who "needs" 6 Model 71's :lol: :lol:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 71, where's the love???

Post by jnyork »

big bear wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:54 pm

who "needs" 6 Model 71's :lol: :lol:

What does "need" have to do with it? :lol:

Once you sell a gun, it's gone forever. Go to the credit union , get the bux you need for your hunt.