Remington Now Being Sued?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Remington Now Being Sued?

Post by stretch »

Well, it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I can't see the Supreme Court allowing it., but stranger
things have happened.

How is Remington responsible for a parent displaying poor
judgement in the care and feeding of a child with mental
health issues?

-Tom

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... f6a276859f
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Remington Now Being Sued?

Post by HawkCreek »

Pretty ridiculous that this was even considered never-mind being allowed by our legal system.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

One word... Lawyers.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Your link wants me to subscribe to WaPo.

No thanks.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Wasn’t “our legal system” bunch of Connecticut judges.
Crazier stuff has happened but it seems pretty thin to me. I always use the analogy on liberals when they believe I should lose my guns.
If someone on the interstate is caught speeding then everybody for a half mile in both directions should get a ticket....”that’s crazy, I didn’t do anything wrong!”
EXACTLY.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

* MONEY the root of all evil *

* Little KIDS were killed *

* PARENTS looking for "someone to pay" *

* LAWYERS out to make a buck *

* Not holding the guilty party as GUILTY AND REPSONSIBLE *

Put all those together -- and this is what you get...

A quote from no less than William Shakespeare in Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2 comes to mind -- but given the topic, I think I'll omit posting it... (Look it up.)

This Link to a Reuters.com article (click here) doesn't generate the subscription request, but has similar info on how this lawsuit has been allowed to proceed.

What a crazy world we live in..............

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ran across the article somewhere else.

i believe that it could be summed up by saying that these people are claiming that Remington knowingly marketed a firearm that is too dangerous for the public to own to people that they knew were potentially dangerous.

Keep in mind that the perpetrator of the crime at Sandy Hook was a chronically mentally-ill teenager who stole his mother's legally-owned firearm from a locked cabinet and murdered her with it before going on to commit the larger and more horrific murders at a local school.

Are these people seriously claiming that this young man and other teenagers like him are a part of Remington's target demographic?

Remington should counter-sue every single one of these money-grubbers. Bad public relations or not.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

OL number 7 this to correct your post. The KJV 1611 says the WANT of money is the root of all evil.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWiedner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:58 pm

i believe that it could be summed up by saying that these people are claiming that Remington knowingly marketed a firearm that is too dangerous for the public to own to people that they knew were potentially dangerous.
Additionally, it was alleged that, knowing the above, Remington actively marketed said killing machine by glorifying it to young people.

The issue to allow a lawsuit passed, but AFAIK the Sandy Hook folk have not yet filed suit(s) against Remington.

David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Pete44ru wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm
FWiedner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Additionally, it was alleged that, knowing the above, Remington actively marketed said killing machine by glorifying it to young people.

The issue to allow a lawsuit passed, but AFAIK the Sandy Hook folk have not yet filed suit(s) against Remington.

There's a whole lot of fat people then that should start suing the girl scouts or if you ask OAK or whoever the .. she is, suing Wells Fargo for giving loans to Remington.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Its gun banning by means other then the law. If you can make gun makers liable for misuse of their product they have to carry huge liability insurance policies to protect themselves. Those cost lots of money and those costs get passed on to buyers and pretty soon no one can afford to buy a new gun and firearms manufacturers go out of business.

And with them out of business and no jobs at stake in the discussion it is one more step to ending the 2A.

Wm
1894c

Post by 1894c »

predatory law suit... :(
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It's total BS, and I hope that Remington wins the suit. But either way they'll spend millions fighting this frivolous suit. Might be tough for a company that's already trying to just stay afloat.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/