new top lever Merkel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

new top lever Merkel

Post by Marlin32 »

A Merkel 12ga 47E followed me home today. Incredible condition, made in 1990. I am not sure if it was ever fired.
Choke markings say 1/4 and 3/4, tag says Mod/Imp Mod, and sales guy checked it, ( not sure with what, brass choke guage of some sort I figure)
I know Merkel's notoriously tight choked, but to me, the marking indicate a Imp cyl/Mod, all is moot, as the chokes are what it shoots.

Any Merkel experts out there have any thoughts?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: new top lever Merkel

Post by GunnyMack »

1/2 should be mod , I'd say you have imp cylinder and imp mod.
Let's see some pictures!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

for some reason I envisioned one of those clever, elegant french or belgian sliding-breech doubles.

clever until you think that the only thing holding back the tang of the breech from your dominant eye is a 3mm diameter locking pin/bolt.
m.A.g.a. !
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

The.5re was a beautiful Kreigoff drilling 16ga by 7x57 JR in there too, about 5k. Wonderful engraving, sidelock.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ray wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:10 pm for some reason I envisioned one of those clever, elegant french or belgian sliding-breech doubles.

clever until you think that the only thing holding back the tang of the breech from your dominant eye is a 3mm diameter locking pin/bolt.

You must be thinking about a Darne SxS, Ray.

This is what a Merkel 47E looks like:

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Darne
th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !