F.W.I.W.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

F.W.I.W.

Post by Ray »

The long announced but not actually seen SCCY CPX-3 .380 is finally on store's shelves and Wholesale Hunter and Davidson's have hundreds of them instock.

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product ... 39208?fs=1
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: F.W.I.W.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ray, I have not been paying attention. What is SCCY's track record?
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Billy, I have a 10 year old CPX=1 with the thumb safety that has not quite been 100% reliable.....

Christmas before last I was given the latest configuration of the CPX-2 which does not have a safety but I have not fired it yet.

The reviews and articles intimate that some of the problems inherent to a $200 plastic gun have been corrected.

They sell like sliced loaf bread around here at $220 to $240 total after tax.

The CPX-3 was hindered by the 2016 hildabeast fear panic buy and by the factory's move from florida to tennessee. Apparently they are available now.....just in time as Ruger has announced the discontinuation of the LC380.
m.A.g.a. !
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I've come close a couple times to buying one of their 9mm. I think they are very similar in their general mechanical principle to Kel Tec and Ruger LCP & LC9. Which is good. Their overall material and workmanship is better then you might expect from a $200ish pistol IMO.

For me I see them as first a range & training firearm and then maybe a 'stash' pistol once Iam satisfied they are reliable enough. (I stash pistols at strategic locations around my home... workbench, front hall closet, backdoor, bathroom, and my vehicle.) If they are lost to the Bermuda triangle of a property clerks office, meh. They are just tools to complete a task. My S&W 27 on the other hand brings me joy when it does its thing. Losing that or seeing it mishandled by some 5 thumbed oaf would cause me great consternation and aggravation.

Comparable features & priced firearms are the Kel Tec P9 & P11, Taurus G2 PT 111 Millennium, Taurus 709, Hi Point C9, & Diamondback DB9. All are polymer framed, striker fired 9mm that routinely wholesale for less then $200.

We have always had budget priced firearms to choose from but I am not sure we have ever had as high of quality of firearms in the budget category that we currently enjoy.

Wm