This Could Apply to Many Levergunners...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

This Could Apply to Many Levergunners...

Post by Old No7 »

I'm thinking this could apply to many Levergunners -- myself included! :wink:

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
Reached An Age.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: This Could Apply to Many Levergunners...

Post by J Miller »

Yepper!

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes sir, I'm making up for lost time ..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Exactly. Some Snowflakes get offended, but I don't care. :roll: 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Offending snowflakes makes me feel like I've done a good thing!!! :lol:
Merle from PA
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yes, and I often get an elbow in the ribs from the Mrs. when I do open my mouth... :o
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

How did Sam read my mind? That may be my next Tshirt.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:11 pm How did Sam read my mind? That may be my next Tshirt.
Me, too....I'm not going to try and fight it anymore, either. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Oh so true. In fact just today I had a snowflake young lady make an accusation against an employee. The little girl (that's how I referred to her) was completely distraught that someone would point out that she made a serious mistake. Why one company is just the same as another, right? I reminded her that she really needs to get her facts straight because next time lawyers would be involved. I ask her just what she thought her employer's response to that sort of action. I'm pretty sure she started to cry after I left. I guess I should have offered her a blankey and puppy so she wouldn't have her self esteem damaged.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Been that way for years. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, I pretty much say what I think, and have done that since riding an elevator up to the 'medical school classrooms' with my bicycle and a friend of mine, in an otherwise abandoned (floors just used for old-equipment storage except for our floor had ten old four-bed patient rooms used for classrooms for a total of eight students, so we used one room for the bikes three or four of us often rode), and some dude (who I found out was the CEO of the hospital) who was riding to the fourth floor 'overhead tunnel' that ran to the new part of the hospital, and said "Young man, what if everyone decided to bring their bicycles up on the elevator". Keep in mind the elevator was one of a bank of FOUR hospital-bed-sized elevators that were now ONLY used by the eight medical students, our faculty, and on rainy days the occasional persons who knew it as a shortcut from part of the parking area.

My response was "Well, if everyone in the hospital farted at the same time, all the windows might blow out, but that's statistically unlikely enough that I'm not going to lose any sleep over it." My friend and I got off on the third floor, leaving the 'dude' en route to the fourth floor. My friend burst out laughing as soon as the elevator doors closed, and said "I can't believe you said that - he's the hospital CEO...!" My response was "That's pretty sad then, if he is that stupid..."

What I find about "saying what you think" is that people fall into two categories:

1. those who are "offended" - usually they are either perpetual 'victims', or self-anointed 'intellectuals' who are clueless but have a sense of entitlement, or they are just plain stupid, and neither type of individual is someone to concern yourself with, unless they happen to be pointing a gun at you or doing your tax audit, in which case you pretend to respect them until you can get out of danger.

2. those who respect your opinion. They may agree, or disagree, but they at least respect the honesty. Those are the only people worth acknowledging as human beings anyway.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Nope, I'm 60, still working, and still will worry about #1 before stepping in #2.

I won't tell the emporer they have no clothes on until I am ready to retire. :wink:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I have just a few months left to work... and yesterday My Supervisor who we see twice a year came in, spent the day making changes in the dept. After 47 years on the job I had things organized as best as possible to make work easier. He and My Manager spent the day moving everything around . My Manager has to just Go with the flow or else. nothing improved. All I can do is laugh out loud...I did tell the Supervisor if I keep working full time it wouldn't be long and I'll be telling people How High and Far to "SHOVE It"......................................... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..one day at a time Baby.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not me, I'm the soul of discretion... :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Griff we only met face to face once but I am pretty sure you are NOT Mr discretion. Good job.
Sometimes at work I have to bite my tongue until it bleeds but I work in a blizzard of snowflakes...until June 7, 2025. Not like I am counting or anything.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Ford wwwbbbb,
Having survived that first face to face with Griff is proof that you are no Snowflake!

I suspect that Snowflakes are few and far between on this forum.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I didn’t mean I was a snowflake I’m JUst surrounded by them. Course I work for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in healthcare so occupational hazard, But DAM annoying.
I am about as far from a snowflake as possible.
My not a snowflake qualifications
Old
Semi educated
Christian
Heterosexual
Into guns, big diesel trucks, race cars, the female form, common sense, history, Donald Trump
AND I HAVE A JOB.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

My wife of 52 years says I have been saying the wrong things just to stir things up for far to long. She is probably right. Problem is I have never been PC.
Based on today's climate, I guess I am just a dinosaur but if you believe in family, have faith in God, believe in the 2nd Amendment, defend Trump and dislike what is going on
around this country, it is hard not to say things that stir the pot or make others mad. But what the heck, I am to old to worry about it.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Meeteetse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm ...I guess I am just a dinosaur but if you believe in family, have faith in God, believe in the 2nd Amendment, defend Trump and dislike what is going on around this country, it is hard not to say things that stir the pot or make others mad. But what the heck, I am to old to worry about it.
I could say the same -- except I'm old enough to worry about the world my adult kids and my 1.5 year old granddaughter will inherit.

My late father has been gone 11 years now, and while I'd love to have him back here -- him seeing the shape our world is in now would kill him! And I saw him dead once -- I just couldn't bear to see that again.

It's much worse than he'd ever imagined................................ :shock:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Old No7 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Meeteetse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm ...I guess I am just a dinosaur but if you believe in family, have faith in God, believe in the 2nd Amendment, defend Trump and dislike what is going on around this country, it is hard not to say things that stir the pot or make others mad. But what the heck, I am to old to worry about it.
I could say the same -- except I'm old enough to worry about the world my adult kids and my 1.5 year old granddaughter will inherit.

My late father has been gone 11 years now, and while I'd love to have him back here -- him seeing the shape our world is in now would kill him! And I saw him dead once -- I just couldn't bear to see that again.

It's much worse than he'd ever imagined................................ :shock:

Old No7

I know what you mean. My Father passed just before 9/11; that plus all the stuff going on today would likely put him in an early grave. :(
Merle from PA
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yeah my Dad passed in January of 2001 if he saw where we are as a country now he’d be pizzzzed. He was not afraid to tell ANYBODY what he thought either. Hey I had to learn it somewhere! My Mother has said on many occasions “you’re just like your Father!” She rolls her eyes when I say “Thank you ,that’s the nicest thing anybody said to me all day.” Don’t think she means it as a good thing. Oh well.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

As follow-up, I think this image goes with this posting and most of the sentiments above...

"Live long and p*ss 'em off!"

Old No7

Deathbed Finger.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have had to become a little creative to stay employed. Most big chain pharmacies are promoting based on race and sex. As a white male, I have been told that the CEO wants those like me gone. Our current District Managers all have the names of Minions from the Despicable Me movie. No joke! And they are all about as intelligent. Using polysyllabic words has been fun. The District Managers have to look up what I say to them.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost