Productive week !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Productive week !

Post by 6pt-sika »

This week at the shop has been rather productive for me .

Finished up loading 10 gauge 2 7/8" buckshot and slugs . That's 25 per box of eight different sizes of buckshot and three different slugs .

Also loaded thirty two different loads for the Mannlicher Schoenauer MC 30-06 Carbine 32 loads of 3 shots each . I'm hoping next week to be locked in on loads for the Nosler 150 BT , Nosler 150 AB , Nosler 165 BT , Hornady 150 SST and Hornady 165 SST .

Got the funds in the mail to Rock Island for the Parker 0 grade 10 gauge on the 4 frame with 34" pipes .

Got the factory sights back on the Kimber 1911 6' 10mm , so I can finally shoot it . Only had the darn thing for three months and it's still NIB . I had wanted to start with the Leupold Deltapoint but I'm having a terrible time getting the mount for the darn thing . Got it on back order at three places :roll:

Got 50 rounds loaded up for the Mannlicher Schoenauer MCA 243 WIN Carbine using the old no longer made Speer 105 grain spitzer pushed with 41 grains of IMR4831 and lit with a CCI200 . Incidently I used that rifle and that exact load to take the largest deer of the 2018/19 season a trash eight pointer but an eight none the less .
56416018651__7C13B291-BCA8-461C-81A3-E01E997A0433.JPG
Got the front bead replaced on the Parker Grade 0 12 gauge top lever hammer gun . Replaced the part inside my Parker Grade 0 10 gauge top lever hammer gun that holds the lever back when opened .

On a side note I got a goodly portion of a rather large tree that went down in the woods close to my driveway entrance cut up . Tree came down during a thunderstorm in the summer but I didn't wanna mess with it while the reptiles were out or during hunting season . Tree was almost 4 feet across at the base and took down three other trees when it went over .

So next week i think I'll try and shoot the 30-06 test loads and sight in the 10mm with facvtory 180 grain loads . I've already cast a bunch of bullets for the 10mm so perhaps next week I can get the Lee Loadmaster 10mm functioning . That makes two Loadmasters in my accumlation . I decided to get two complete setups instead of changing over a bunch of stuff . May eventually get another one setup for the 30 Carbine but we will see .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Productive week !

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like you do not require any more hobbies to fill your time.... :wink:
Always interesting to hear your range reports though.... :)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:50 pm Sounds like you do not require any more hobbies to fill your time.... :wink:
Always interesting to hear your range reports though.... :)
Yes I’d say your correct !
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

Craig,

Look who snuck in the backdoor of this site! :shock:

Did you test any of those 12ga slugs from your new mold?

BB
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

bikerbeans wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:58 pm Craig,

BB
Welcome ! Yes sir I shot them in the 1889 DH 10 gauge I received a couple weeks ago . They did pretty well , they were one of the slugs I just finished loading .
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Damm 6 Point........you accomplished more in one week than Obama did in 8 years!---6
Model A Uzi’s
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:40 pm Damm 6 Point........you accomplished more in one week than Obama did in 8 years!---6
That wasn’t difficult :wink:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BB
Here's my DH and a pic of three shots from the right barrel at 25 yards with your solid base slug .
IMG_3172.jpg
IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

Nice two barrel ten! I would like to see a pic of a fur test on a whitetail with that wide nose slug. I think it would be brutal.

BB
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like my standard 5 inch 1911 style 10mm, and I would expect a 6 inch Kimber to shoot even better. That extra inch should mean less felt recoil and less muzzle rise. I hope you enjoy your 10mm as much as I am enjoying mine.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

bikerbeans wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:38 pm Nice two barrel ten! I would like to see a pic of a fur test on a whitetail with that wide nose slug. I think it would be brutal.

BB
Not to worry killing a deer with that DH next year is a top priority and since I’ve already killed deer with the other two slugs and each size buckshot except #3 more then likely that’s what will be used in atleast one barrel . I’m going to the range in the AM and I’m going to try the DH with your solid base slug and the Rooskie 10 gauge Lyman slug as well as four sizes of buckshot. When I shot the group above it was leaning against the truck etc at the range I’ll shoot it off the bags .
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:49 pm I like my standard 5 inch 1911 style 10mm, and I would expect a 6 inch Kimber to shoot even better. That extra inch should mean less felt recoil and less muzzle rise. I hope you enjoy your 10mm as much as I am enjoying mine.
I was worried about it being tough on my wrist as I screwed it up thirty years ago . Now older age and the weather cause it to be touchy sometimes , but I shot a friends 10mm 6” that’s identical to mine in the snail at the shop and I see no recoil difference between it and my 1911 45 ACP and way less then my 44 blued RedHawk . I plan on getting it sighted in with factory 180 hardballs tommorrow and hopefully this coming week or next week I want to get the still NIB 10mm Lee Loadmaster set up . And I’ll start loading my home cast NOE 180 and 200 grainers .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BB
I shot some more of your solid base slugs at 25 yards today oughtta my circa 1899 Parker EH 10 gauge 3 frame 32” first from the bench then offhand . The pics with the box were when I was shooting off the bags three shots each barrel and the pic without the box was two shots from the right barrel offhand .
FE095970-B4DD-4E28-9ABE-27CD6C2B34B2.jpeg
518FA33E-29B0-49F0-AD72-BC6D1E8A2E36.jpeg
Turns out it wouldn’t let me download one of the pics from my I Phone bummer !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Shot my Mannlicher Schoenauer 06 57 times today and am almost done working up loads for five different bullets in the gun . Also took my Ruger 1H 416 REM Mag with an Athelon 4-12 scope and sighted in with a handload I worked up years ago for my first 416 REM Mag and had used in this Ruger before , attached is my first 100 yard three shot group .
029DCAF2-D419-4841-838A-60959A43913A.jpeg
This 350 Speer thumps ya pretty good but no where near as much as my handloads with the Hornady 400 grain RN SP bullet . Incidentally it hits a bit below the 350’s at 100 yards !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Did some more with the Kimber 1911 10mm 6” and have gotten comfortable with it out to 35 yards . I wish the distributor would hurry up and send me the Leupold mount for the DeltaPoint ! I suspect I might do some better with that over the irons . Had the mount on order for a couple months Geeeezzzzzz ! Hopefully tommorrow I’ll get more 06’s loaded and Friday or Monday or so I can get my final choices ironed out . Also wanna load up the rest of the Speer 350’s for the 416 .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looks like you are just about ready for anything! Slugs shooting very nicely, 06 getting dialed in , the 416 is dead nuts! Ya cant argue with 10mm. Productive indeed!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 am Looks like you are just about ready for anything! Slugs shooting very nicely, 06 getting dialed in , the 416 is dead nuts! Ya cant argue with 10mm. Productive indeed!
Clean up the 06 and 416 empties from yesterday as well as clean the guns . Maybe tommorrow low some more 10 gauge solid base slugs . If the weather holds out cut some more wood Saturday . And perhaps get the 10mm loader up and running next week . Have 1,000 pieces of unfired Starline brass just waiting to be loaded with NOE home cast 180 and 200 grain bullets .
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

You youngins with all your energy make me jealous! I am hoping 2 cups of hi test coffee in the morning will get me into casting mode. If i cast a couple hundred roundnalls and brew a batch of ale tomorrow, it will be a good day.

BB
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:40 pm Damm 6 Point........you accomplished more in one week than Obama did in 8 years!---6
:lol: :lol: :lol:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

bikerbeans wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:05 pm You youngins with all your energy make me jealous! I am hoping 2 cups of hi test coffee in the morning will get me into casting mode. If i cast a couple hundred roundnalls and brew a batch of ale tomorrow, it will be a good day.

BB
This weekend I’m relaxing on the couch ! The plan for next week is to load some 6.5x55 for a Mauser I bought a few months ago and have yet to fire . Also I am hoping to get the Lee Loadmaster setup for the 10mm and load a bunch of NOE 180’s and 200’s I cast for the gun back in November or December. I’d also like to cast and load a couple dozen more of your solid base slug for the 10 gauge. And last but not least cut a few more sections of the tree I’ve been messing with for about a month now . On a side note I’m getting intrested again in the 6.5 PRC preferably in a Montana Rifle Works walnut stocked rifle . I had the makings for building the Short Action Uktra Mag version of pretty much the same thing , but lost intrest and sold them off . Think I’m better off buying a factory gun then building one for this round , should I decide to part with it a factory original gun oughtta be easier to move and hopefully not loose as much .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Production came to a screeching halt this morning !

I was going to tackle setting up the Lee Loadmaster in 10mm . Going by the Lee prionted material it said all I needed to convert the 40 S&W to 10mm was a large primer setup and load data . So when I bought the press I had ordered a large primer setup and already installed it . But something wasn't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thing has a 19S shellplate and Lee's catalog says for a 10mm you need a 19L shell plate but where it says what you need to convert that's not mentioned . Well you need the G..D... 19L as the primer ram gets stuck in the 19S slots .

So of course Midway has none in stock BACKORDER :roll:

So tomorrow in anticipation of getting the shell holder I'll cast a couple hundred of the NOE 401-180 and a couple hundred of the NOE 401-200 . And maybe even get them sized and lubed .

I suppose I might try and load up some 6.5x55 tomorrow as well . Wanna try Hornady 140 SP , Speer 140 and the Sierra 140 in my newest to me Swedish Mauser I've yet to fire .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Did get a little done today ! I did do a little something today . Seems I hadn’t lubed and sized the NOE bullets I cast a couple months ago so I sized and lubed them today .
06A517B0-306B-4337-A9FE-191CF90595A3.jpeg
93A4019E-9F73-4A18-838A-87B97D388FEE.jpeg
F7188579-AA16-4BF9-B052-1D52A42EDF13.jpeg
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

I really need to get productive. Summer is coming!
Still need to get some 45-45-10 going, that's been the biggest thing stopping me. So stinky.
Gotta return my undersize 170 gr Lee mold, order a new m60 buffer, mount my bro's shotgun light, size 00 buck for my 30-30, ladder 70's and 87's for my .243...
It's funny, I thought I'd have more done by now, but, well, I'm not sure what happened there!
My first child - '94 30-30
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Camel73 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm I really need to get productive. Summer is coming!
Still need to get some 45-45-10 going, that's been the biggest thing stopping me. So stinky.
Gotta return my undersize 170 gr Lee mold, order a new m60 buffer, mount my bro's shotgun light, size 00 buck for my 30-30, ladder 70's and 87's for my .243...
It's funny, I thought I'd have more done by now, but, well, I'm not sure what happened there!
I did the last range session with my Mannlicher Schoenauer 30-06 today and have five different bullets ready for next season. Also bought a 19L shellplate on GB so I oughtta be able to get my 10mm loader going in the next week or so . Need to do a bit more with the Mannlicher Schoenauer 243 and wanna tighten my Parker DH 10 up a touch and put a pad on it , normally I wouldn’t put a pad on one of these guys but it’s not the original buttstock and the skeleton buttplate was missing when I bought it . Also wanna shoot the Ruger RedHawks and Contender 44 Mags some more before Damage Conyrol starts most likely in June . I’d like to get a dozen during DAmage Control before I leave in late July for a month in the Philippines.