Many of you are probably familiar with this

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Many of you are probably familiar with this

Post by JimT »

from the 1984 video "DEADLY EFFECTS .. What Bullets Do To Bodies" .... This clip from that video is "Bullets Do Not Knock People Down ...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I

If you have never seen it, the entire video ( about 1 1/2 hours ) is here ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhcuLWIe3A
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Many of you are probably familiar with this

Post by Blaine »

Clint Eastwood must use mo betta guns and stuff. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Say it isn't so! Hollywood has shown me that a 9mm can blow a bad guy off his feet. If it is in a movie, it must be real! :lol: :lol: :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I like those little sparks they make when they glance off of plastic and aluminum car bodies in the cinema and on the telly.

And yes they do seem to snatch the soul out of the actors and stunt doubles, sending their cadavers flipping through the air, especially when a shotgun is used.....

Expiring shortly after crashing through a plateglass window seems to be popular as well.
m.A.g.a. !
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The problem is that he was using ball ammo.

If he'd used hollow points that fella woulda gone flyin'...

:wink:

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

I have both tapes from back in the day.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Almost hate to watch that, even though it is a carefully controlled demonstration.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

At the risk of extreme morbidity, there are Youtubes featuring Allied soldiers executing Nazi spies after World War II -- mostly young, slender men tied by their feet to a stake and then shot with multiple rounds of .30-06 ball in the chest -- several tons of aggregate muzzle energy. In most cases, they just slowly topple.
When I was a kid in the 1950s, most of the neighborhood dads were WWII vets, and many had a 1911 or two in their footlockers. The legend among us kids was that a hit even in the hand by the mighty .45 would fling you around. Then I read an account by Claud Hamilton of a North Korean in padded uniform being struck squarely by a .45 during the Korean War. The NK was killed by rifle fire, but when the body was examined it was clear the hardball slug failed to penetrate the cotton padding. So much for legends, which so often turn out to be lies.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill ... I learned as a 16 year old kid not to trust the media. They were touting the .357 Magnum as a "Car Stopper" for the Police. "One shot will go through the engine block of the car..." etc. I fired a round into the block of a 49 Chevy and the bullet whizzed back past my head ... woulda killed me if I had been a bit to right. Left a lead smear on the cast iron block. Since then ... nearly 60 years ago .. I have never trusted the media to get things right.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, glad you ducked! :shock: :lol:
A somewhat related experience: I had to have been in about 7th grade when I talked Dad into buying me a 1917 Enfield, surplus, from Sears for about $29.
This was my first experience shooting anything bigger than a .222. We went to a gravel pit near Tacoma, Washington, and I lay down and let fly at a target with the magazine loaded with surplus M2 ball. Could hear some ricochets with the first couple of rounds, and then I let another go, heard a whizzing sound, and looked to my left to see the steel core of that round spinning in the sand next to me. That was the end of that shooting session!

:lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Darn near issued the vest on that last 308.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...