Don't tell his wife....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Don't tell his wife....

Post by AJMD429 »

The Demolition Ranch dude was naughty when his wife was away...https://youtu.be/MUlLXNPCap4.

It's nice to see someone else does even worse stuff than I've done over the years... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Re: Don't tell his wife....

Post by JimT »

I can't believe there are gun guys who never shot in their house!

When I was a teen my brother and I used to shoot .22's in the house, shooting into short lengths of 2x4's stacked together to stop the bullets. Of course Mom and Dad weren't home ....

After I was married .. the wife and kids were gone .. weather was snow and wind .. a friend came over. We set up an old pickup tailgate at an angle to bounce the bullets downward into a box of sand, and shot from the living room, through the dining room and kitchen onto the back porch. We had a nice little indoor .22 range.

In the shop I've shot everything including 30 30 ....
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When I was still a kid, I shot a 22 pistol accidentally in a cabin, hitting the slab floor and spitting concrete at my own legs.

My son shot a 1911 through a tool-box in the house accidentally; I had just assembled the 1911, and we found out that if the leaf-spring isn't in right the hammer follows the slide down when you chamber it... :shock:

And those "22LR Conversions" for AR-15's that replace the bolt carrier group and have a floating chamber that goes in the real chamber............well those are basically FIREARMS, and when a round is chambered, even if they aren't in the gun, they can go off and spit a bullet out.....in the kitchen wall somewhere.... :|

Never on purpose with a 'real' gun though, but in college I did have an air-rifle range set up (metal backstop about a foot tall and wide) and would try to shoot through the center of peppermint lifesavers at about 20 feet from a rest with a top-notch 177 air rifle. If I recall correctly I busted about ten or twelve out of each roll, but made the center on the remaining ones - maybe 14-16 in a roll...?
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have never had an accidental discharge.

I have had some "THAT WAS A STUPID THING TO DO" discharges .... :shock:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Afraid I can't agree with much he did there. His comment about "I think this is fairly safe." sums it up for me. Is fairly safe OK nowadays? Seems like a recipe for disaster in my mind. Nothing to account for even being 6" off, or anything that might end up with a firearms malfunction. Ever see a semiauto malfunction and light off several rounds before the shooter can get his finger off the trigger? He'd be off that tiny box before he knew it, and God knows where the rounds would end up?
Looks pretty careless to me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The wife WILL know the minute she steps in the house. You can't get that smell out without days of ventilation. Women have much more sensitive noses than men.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, agree on the 'what-if' issues....I don't know the construction of the wall behind his box, or what is outside his house in that direction. Looked like a subdivision in the video, but I know he also shoots in a rural area.

Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

Jim T wrote:

"I have never had an accidental discharge.

I have had some "THAT WAS A STUPID THING TO DO" discharges .... :shock:"

But Jim, that "shootin' thru" trick was pure genius! :wink:

Glenn
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Pretty nice hacienda for a younger guy
----- Doug
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have a target box in the basement. I'm reasonably confident it will handle anything shy of a high-powered rifle round (and should handle those, just not repeatedly. I shoot a suppressed .22 in it all the time, with the family upstairs, and nary a word from Mrs. YK. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Years ago I had a 2' x2' 3/8 steel plate slanted on a 45 and boxed in with sand on the bottom in the basement...must have shot well over a thousand rounds in it with about half centerfire handgun rounds up to and including the 44 mag. When you let off one of those the copper piping would rattle. Took it out after a couple of years due to being educated on lead priming. Not good.

I still test stuff out in the gun room ...mostly 1 -2 gr. Bullseye charges when slugging a bore....right into a pile of towels. That is the best way to slug a bore. If something bigger needs to be tested I just open the back door and fire into the ground. There's a spot about 3 feet from the door that one day I ought to sift it for lead reclamation.

Yea...then there's those negligent discharges that anyone who is a true gun guy has had.----6
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 pm
Yea...then there's those negligent discharges that anyone who is a true gun guy has had.----6
Usually after you have one of those you are VERY safe for quite a long time.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I used to shoot old school books inside the house with a 22LR when I was growing up. Developed a healthy respect for how well that little bullet can penetrate.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ventilation, please. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV