This Might Be A Replacement

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

This Might Be A Replacement

Post by Blaine »

https://www.springfield-armory.com/prod ... ack-45acp/

When I think about what I would change about my Glock 30, this is what I come up with. Lo and behold...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Re: This Might Be A Replacement

Post by 1894c »

Glocks are Glocks...it's real easy to get Glock replacement parts, mags are somewhat cheap---BUT, if you looking for something that's SA/DA, a single-stack, that looks like a viable option--go to Cabela's and see how it fits your hand, the bore-axis stuff, price of mags, and search both google and youtube for reviews, even reviews on the 9mm version... still covering your northern flank in the pacific northwest... :)

I had been carrying a Glock 26/27 as a BUG or EDC since 1996. I have recently traded away my Glock 26 for a Glock 43X single-stack in 9mm. I just got tired of the thickness of the G-26, so when my corner LGS called me about the G-43X I went for it, should have it at the end of the month ... choice is good -- SO BLAINEG go and BUY THE XD-E™ 3.3″ Single Stack .45ACP
Glock-43X-1a-388x388.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

If I'm going to carry a Glock-a-like, I will just carry a Glock. And if I carry a Glock in .45 acp I might as well put as many bullets into the clip (got ya!, the "it's a magazine crowd can now come out of the woodwork") as I can thus.

Glock 30
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm If I'm going to carry a Glock-a-like, I will just carry a Glock. And if I carry a Glock in .45 acp I might as well put as many bullets into the clip (got ya!, the "it's a magazine crowd can now come out of the woodwork") as I can thus.

Glock 30
WellSir, it's NOT a Glock-a-Like...Decocker, Hammer, Single or Double action and holds 7 with the extended mag....I'm not selling my Glock 30S even if I get the Springer, but they are not even close in their features.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Thanks Blaine. I'm considering a replacement for a 4" 1911 that walked off from my bookcase recently and this looks like a viable contestant.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

1894c wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 am Glocks are Glocks...it's real easy to get Glock replacement parts, mags are somewhat cheap---BUT, if you looking for something that's SA/DA, a single-stack, that looks like a viable option--go to Cabela's and see how it fits your hand, the bore-axis stuff, price of mags, and search both google and youtube for reviews, even reviews on the 9mm version... still covering your northern flank in the pacific northwest... :)

I had been carrying a Glock 26/27 as a BUG or EDC since 1996. I have recently traded away my Glock 26 for a Glock 43X single-stack in 9mm. I just got tired of the thickness of the G-26, so when my corner LGS called me about the G-43X I went for it, should have it at the end of the month ... choice is good -- SO BLAINEG go and BUY THE XD-E™ 3.3″ Single Stack .45ACP
Glock-43X-1a-388x388.jpg
I'd be interested in a report on the 43 when you get it. I like the single stack idea as a carry gun but I have read several not so glowing reports on their accuracy. To me hitting something is more important that a lot of other things. My 19 is very accurate and I would not be pleased if a replacement were not equal. So let us know.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have an XD in 9mm and it works perfectly.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Leverluver wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:15 am I'd be interested in a report on the 43X when you get it.
I have been in the pursuit of the better Back-Up-Gun (BUG) for the last 5-6 years. I have tried most of the single-stacks in 9mm (Glock 43, M&P Shield, Walther PPS, and the Sig P365) -- in the end they just didn't work for me as well as my S&W 642 5-shot j-frame.

I need to mention that the Shield and the P365 are accurate, the G-43 and PPS are not far behind, for me it was grip thickness and grip length (I know that you can add magazine extenders to the G43 and the Shield, P365, and PPS come with longer mag options). The G43X grip is somewhat thicker and longer in order to accommodate the 43X's 10-round mag. So with the introduction of the Glock 43X and the Glock 48 I am cautiously optimistic... :)

BLAINEG -- I apologize for commenting on the G43X -- let us know what you think when you take a look at the XD-E 3.3″ Single Stack .45ACP. I'm interested in your opinion of it.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

1894c wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Leverluver wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:15 am I'd be interested in a report on the 43X when you get it.
I have been in the pursuit of the better Back-Up-Gun (BUG) for the last 5-6 years. I have tried most of the single-stacks in 9mm (Glock 43, M&P Shield, Walther PPS, and the Sig P365) -- in the end they just didn't work for me as well as my S&W 642 5-shot j-frame.

I need to mention that the Shield and the P365 are accurate, the G-43 and PPS are not far behind, for me it was grip thickness and grip length (I know that you can add magazine extenders to the G43 and the Shield, P365, and PPS come with longer mag options). The G43X grip is somewhat thicker and longer in order to accommodate the 43X's 10-round mag. So with the introduction of the Glock 43X and the Glock 48 I am cautiously optimistic... :)

BLAINEG -- I apologize for commenting on the G43X -- let us know what you think when you take a look at the XD-E 3.3″ Single Stack .45ACP. I'm interested in your opinion of it.
?? Whatever for? Thread drift is the spice of life. 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV