Crazy glue

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Crazy glue

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure we have all used it at on time or another. But I'm sure you have had curing time problems.
I use industrial glue on occasion, sometimes it works fast sometimes it doesnt.
There are activators on the market, pricey though. Years ago the TV show Mythbusters mentioned to use baking soda for faster cure time. It works. I just learned that rubbing alchohol works just as well to cure the glue.
Hope that this may come in handy for you all
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Crazy glue

Post by Pisgah »

I can vouch for the alcohol working. Lat time I had a few drinks and used Crazy Glue I glued 3 fingers together in mere seconds... :o :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The most I ever used super glue was in high school. We used to glue each others feet to the floor when we weren't looking. Glued chairs to the floor and other educational activities. :D
I noticed it worked WAY better for that stuff than when you wanted to fix something.
The tile would come up before a sneaker or chair would break free.
Good times.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Am I the only one that cant get that stuff to work?
The only time i can get it to do its thing is a couple drops in a padlock....but we dont need to get into that here. :mrgreen:
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

Like others, the only time I've had it work properly is to glue my fingers to themselves, or something else.
I probably used too much.
I did get it to work, once. Saved my brother's (and my) hide by putting the head back on a little statue that was in the living room. It's become a funny family story now but we were glad for it at the time!
My first child - '94 30-30
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I use super glue for hairline cracks in stocks. It works great to stabilize those tiny cracks and nothing else can soak into the cracks and work as well.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:28 pm I use super glue for hairline cracks in stocks. It works great to stabilize those tiny cracks and nothing else can soak into the cracks and work as well.
+1
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:28 pm I use super glue for hairline cracks in stocks. It works great to stabilize those tiny cracks and nothing else can soak into the cracks and work as well.
I've done that as well. Last year fixed nephews 308 Norma Mag with that. I am thinking I will see if I can repair a shotgun stock with a crack this weekend that I just picked up for a C note.

Wm
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have friends who have used it to close wounds, but so far I have not been so adventurous, although the neurosurgeon used something like it to close the surgical wound on my L5-S1 laminectomy. I won't post the photo as it is one of those indelicate "can't unsee" things ...
:lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill , couple years ago I got into an argument with my bandsaw- cut the knuckle on my right index finger. Doc tried the surgical glue... NOT!
She had to put 3 stitches in. Of course I had to make a joke about using duct tape as she was pulling the last stitch into place, she laughed pulling all the way out. So she had to stick me again!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I had a day when my timing was slightly off as in supposed to move hand BEFORE very sharp knife gets to that spot. Oweee. Well it cut me pretty good in the web of my right hand. I got it to stop bleeding enough to drive home and Mrs. fordwannabe was napping and due back at the ER in a couple hours so I went to dear old Moms house. We used hydrogen peroxide to clean it, yes I know it isn’t best practice anymore but it works. Mom then super glued the sides back together. In about a week the glue had hardened and rose to the surface. This needed to be removed so as a trained medical professional... I stuck the tip of my Swiss champ under the edge and gave a couple flips of the blade and out it came. In all honesty you could not have sutured it any better. It’s the nicest scar I have😎.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it.

I’ve been using it for sutures since the mid 90s. I keep fresh betadine, glue tubes and steristrips in my kit and use them.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I recently had a customer/patiend who is now allergic to that purple super glue used bu Surgeons. The hives were about the same color as the glue.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I was caribou hunting in Northern Quebec back in 2005. The workers at camp found out I was a nurse and kept pestering me did I have sutures,like a couple times a day.
I finally asked what the big deal was about sutures? Turns out the closest hospital is a four hour HELICOPTER ride. OHHH. I traded a couple packs of old sutures to have 8 Caribou skinned, and quartered. When the guide asked me was I gonna be able to replace for personal use? I told him I hadn’t used sutures in years. He was a little taken aback. I asked if he had ever tried to super glue anything and the only thing that stuck together was his fingers.
Uh uh, yup!
Works on the bloody parts too.
No, Pelosi! Never thought of that.
I know that’s why they pay me the big bucks, or not as the case may be.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Pisgah wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 am I can vouch for the alcohol working. Lat time I had a few drinks and used Crazy Glue I glued 3 fingers together in mere seconds... :o :lol:
ok, that just made my day...made me laugh... :)
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:28 pm I have friends who have used it to close wounds, but so far I have not been so adventurous, although the neurosurgeon used something like it to close the surgical wound on my L5-S1 laminectomy. I won't post the photo as it is one of those indelicate "can't unsee" things ...
... :O
eyebleach1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I had an aunt Bertha that passed many years ago. She had a voice that sounded just like Ma Kettle. I remember her telling about cutting up a hog and the Old Hickory knife slipped and cut her to the bone. She cleaned it up with turpentine and wrapped it with electrical tape. It didn't even scar. Those old WV hillbillies are tough.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

1894c wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:44 pm
Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:28 pm I have friends who have used it to close wounds, but so far I have not been so adventurous, although the neurosurgeon used something like it to close the surgical wound on my L5-S1 laminectomy. I won't post the photo as it is one of those indelicate "can't unsee" things ...
... :O
eyebleach1.png
Yeah, 2 years ago I had a kidney removed -- not a stitch used in closing, all medical-grade cyanoacrylate ("Krazy Glue")! Can't even see a scar now.