Surgery done.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Surgery done.

Post by Nath »

A groin hernia operation yesterday for me.
Bloody sore or what?
I offered the surgeon my best rabbit knife but to my surprise he turned it down!
The recovery ward was hell! An old guy from Manchester with wit dryer than the Sahara had us in stitches or rather undoing stitches!

More mobile today and just contemplating a short walk with 410!
Yesterday Jess got an early walk, I knew it was going to be a long day for her too. The Baikal single amused her with a couple of squirrels.
Talking of Jess, she went straight to the area of surgery on my return! They know more than we think!
A photo.

Here is some snaps from last week.

Look after yer selves this winter.
Don't do christmas but that don't mean I don't wish you all a good holiday and I also know many can feel depressed at Christmas and I wish those all the best too.

Nathan.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Surgery done.

Post by Tycer »

Heal well sir.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes I too have noticed that the dogs will go right to a wound. No matter if it's a paper cut or major surgery. The nose KNOWS! Dogs are trained to find cancer- wont find a tabby doing that.
My Neice is 6 months along in her first pregnancy, her chocolate lab( one of my pups) will pester her until sit sits down for a daily LAB test. A good long sniffing and of course a few ear scratches then back to business.

Heal well Nath!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Hope ya get feeling better soon Nath.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hernias are all sorts of fun... I've had 5 of them [re]fixed over the years.... :D. The way they do them now is so much better...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're on the mend Nath.
Get to 100% soon!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:09 am Glad you're on the mend Nath.
Get to 100% soon!
Amen to that Nath.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nath, glad the worst is behind you. I assume they used arthroscopic instruments to place the patch.
Thank you for thinking of the sad and the lonely at Christmas. It is clear you have peace and goodwill toward men in your heart.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Best wishes for speedy recovery.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Lovely comments gents, thank you.
Managed to walk the dog and have a plink in the back yard.
Mrs went mad when she come home to fired stoves, stick basket full and coal bucket full. I let her carry the bucket in.
Take care feller's.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

You've done admirably, Nath - I'm glad to see that you're well on the path to recovery.

The missus is just showing her love, with her concerns that you might work yourself into another hernia too soon.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It does seem as if she wants to keep you around and healthy. Heal well and keep moving, as long as you remember the difference between soreness and pain.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Managed to walk Jess and have an airgun plink in the back yard
IMG_20181219_144633361.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Heal well Nath.

I'm thinking about now that a bag of frozen peas * might become your best friend over the next few days...

...And not for eating either! :shock: :o

( * My best friend used them to "cool his Jewels" when he had surgery down there... )
( They caused "major shrinkage" -- but took the pain, swelling & inflammation away... )

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Happy Holidays to You as Well Nath, not much small game here any more synch the end of the fur trapping brought on by the anti everything groups. coyotes and fox run rampant here anymore.
"Mrs went mad when she come home to fired stoves, stick basket full and coal bucket full I let her carry the bucket in"....I love it, as I also heat with coal a modern stoker furnace in the basement, and a parlor stove that burns wood or anthracite coal. nothing like a cold night, load of coal, with the stove running blue flame. :D .....and don't lit Six know that the coal comes from His back yard. :lol: .
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Take care of yourself Nath. Jess needs you to get well soon.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Nath, that is the best way to heal, get out as soon as you can. But with this broken leg, the top of the femur right below the hip joint I can't leave the house except for Doctor trips. At least I can sit by the glass doors an watch the deer to come down the ridge and feed in the yard. Just be careful and heal well. The Lord's blessing on you and the wife.

Titus 2:13 KJV 1611
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Old No7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:37 pm Heal well Nath.
I'm thinking about now that a bag of frozen peas * might become your best friend over the next few days...

...And not for eating either! :shock: :o

( * My best friend used them to "cool his Jewels" when he had surgery down there... )
( They caused "major shrinkage" -- but took the pain, swelling & inflammation away... )

Old No7
:lol: :lol: like I need more shrinkage :lol: :lol:

Good idea, thanks Daryl.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

.45colt wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:42 pm Happy Holidays to You as Well Nath, not much small game here any more synch the end of the fur trapping brought on by the anti everything groups. coyotes and fox run rampant here anymore.
"Mrs went mad when she come home to fired stoves, stick basket full and coal bucket full I let her carry the bucket in"....I love it, as I also heat with coal a modern stoker furnace in the basement, and a parlor stove that burns wood or anthracite coal. nothing like a cold night, load of coal, with the stove running blue flame. :D .....and don't lit Six know that the coal comes from His back yard. :lol: .
Absolutely pard.
Is the mine under his bed? Do him good feel the house shudder once in a while, help him pray some :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

JerryB wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:43 pm Nath, that is the best way to heal, get out as soon as you can. But with this broken leg, the top of the femur right below the hip joint I can't leave the house except for Doctor trips. At least I can sit by the glass doors an watch the deer to come down the ridge and feed in the yard. Just be careful and heal well. The Lord's blessing on you and the wife.

Titus 2:13 KJV 1611
Jerry, I am so sorry, I didn't realise of your plight.
Please remind me what happened??

Thank you for the scripture, very nice. Verse 14 to.

Thank you everyone :D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

If some of that rabbit blood had made from your knife to your incision, you be to busy chasing girls to hunt and post pics! Take it easy and heal right the 1st time. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

3leggedturtle wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:10 am If some of that rabbit blood had made from your knife to your incision, you be to busy chasing girls to hunt and post pics! Take it easy and heal right the 1st time. Todd/3leg
:lol: thanks buddy....
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

It's good to know you are taking care of your health, and are already up and running, just not at full speed yet. I'm sure you will have a full recovery in short order, and we here on the forum can continue to enjoy your wonderful hunting pictures. :D

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Shasta wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:45 am It's good to know you are taking care of your health, and are already up and running, just not at full speed yet. I'm sure you will have a full recovery in short order, and we here on the forum can continue to enjoy your wonderful hunting pictures. :D

Shasta
Thank you :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Don't know how I missed this, as I usually look for all of your posts, Nath... 'Tis well that you got on without any input from me... maybe that's what sped up the process... Anyway, good to hear your surgery went well and you're again out and about... but, don't rush it too much... heal well.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Griff wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:52 am Don't know how I missed this, as I usually look for all of your posts, Nath... 'Tis well that you got on without any input from me... maybe that's what sped up the process... Anyway, good to hear your surgery went well and you're again out and about... but, don't rush it too much... heal well.
Any words from you Griff are welcome. Thank you
My thoughts are with you everyday right now pard.

Nathan.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Be careful and don't strain it. Use the pillow. God Bless HydroCodone. At least that's the way I remember it.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 amIt does seem as if she wants to keep you around and healthy.
Yeah, you worry when they quit hovering and nagging about your health; it means they've given up and are just making sure your LOFE insurance premiums are paid.... :shock:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

BlaineG wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:44 pm Be careful and don't strain it. Use the pillow. God Bless HydroCodone. At least that's the way I remember it.
:lol: 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:48 pm
piller wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 amIt does seem as if she wants to keep you around and healthy.
Yeah, you worry when they quit hovering and nagging about your health; it means they've given up and are just making sure your LOFE insurance premiums are paid.... :shock:
:(

N :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Be careful with the hydrocodone-acetaminophen. Or paracetamol as it is called in the UK. The hydrocodone part can cause addiction and the acetaminophen/paracetamol can cause liver damage if taken in more tham 4,000 milligram quantities per day. These warnings are general warnings. Hydrocodone with acetaminophen is a good pain reliever, and is safe when used properly. Sort of like a good firearm, respect it and use it properly.
D. Brian Casady
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

piller wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm Be careful with the hydrocodone-acetaminophen. Or paracetamol as it is called in the UK. The hydrocodone part can cause addiction and the acetaminophen/paracetamol can cause liver damage if taken in more tham 4,000 milligram quantities per day. These warnings are general warnings. Hydrocodone with acetaminophen is a good pain reliever, and is safe when used properly. Sort of like a good firearm, respect it and use it properly.
Spot on friend, thank you :)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Ouch! Here's hoping it all holds.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Hope you heal quickly friend.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Good luck with the recovery... I had a umbilical hernia repaired some years ago, doc said I could go to work the next day, boy was he wrong, lol
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks guys. Much better and near normal.

Take care fellers :D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm Be careful with the hydrocodone-acetaminophen. Or paracetamol as it is called in the UK. The hydrocodone part can cause addiction and the acetaminophen/paracetamol can cause liver damage if taken in more tham 4,000 milligram quantities per day. These warnings are general warnings. Hydrocodone with acetaminophen is a good pain reliever, and is safe when used properly. Sort of like a good firearm, respect it and use it properly.
I was on a Pain Contract with the VA....they prescribed two a day. Too much, IME...I took one when I was sure I was going to bed. No affect next morning and it helped pretty good. The yanked it a few years ago when the tail started wagging the dog and I had zero withdrawal whatsoever. For my hernia operation I took what they recommended and it was a blessing.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nothing wrong with using it for pain, and the fact that you had no withdrawal issues says you respected it and yourself. My statement about respecting hydrocodone/acetaminophen holds true for everyone.
D. Brian Casady
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Godspeed on your recovery Nath. I had an umbilical hernia surgery back in '94, they pushed it back in and sewed a mesh in to prevent it from pushing back out while healing. Outties suck.
I avoid opiates as the withdrawal symptoms for me are terrible. I can't even handle synthetic opioids like Tramadol, makes me think crazy thoughts, hate the stuff.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ji in Hawaii wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am Godspeed on your recovery Nath. I had an umbilical hernia surgery back in '94, they pushed it back in and sewed a mesh in to prevent it from pushing back out while healing. Outties suck.
I avoid opiates as the withdrawal symptoms for me are terrible. I can't even handle synthetic opioids like Tramadol, makes me think crazy thoughts, hate the stuff.
Thanks Ji. I love Tramadol! That's why I hardly ever use it!! It would be toooooo easy to get hooked for me!
Take care bro.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

nice pics and work with the 410, one of my favprite calibre and those russian single shots aren't bad
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

mickbr wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:42 am nice pics and work with the 410, one of my favprite calibre and those russian single shots aren't bad
8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Plottman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Plottman »

Nath, sorry I missed first post about your surgery. Sounds like you are on your way to recovery. But those are beautiful guns. Looks like youare very effective with them also. Get well soon.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:35 pm Nothing wrong with using it for pain, and the fact that you had no withdrawal issues says you respected it and yourself. My statement about respecting hydrocodone/acetaminophen holds true for everyone.
Yes...it absolutely does. I just get "that way" when the Government throws out the baby with the bathwater.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Plottman wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:38 pm Nath, sorry I missed first post about your surgery. Sounds like you are on your way to recovery. But those are beautiful guns. Looks like youare very effective with them also. Get well soon.
Thank you bud.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

NATH...get well soon, being outside is good medicine...Happy Holidays back at yah... :)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

1894c wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:40 pm NATH...get well soon, being outside is good medicine...Happy Holidays back at yah... :)
Thank you.
Went back work yesterday but seem to have picked up a virus, I ache from head to foot! Been in bed for 12 hours and can not go work today!
Better see the doc just in case......

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Way late on my well wishes Nath. I hope your recovery continues to go well!!!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thank you old friend.
You've had a bit on yourself!
Best wishes to you and your family my friend.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!