Custom Winchester 1890 value

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Custom Winchester 1890 value

Post by Booger Bill »

This rifle had the stock with a pistol grip and cheek piece put on before I bought it. It WAS in .22 wrf. Since it already was messed with I had my gunsmith rechamber it to .22 Win Mag. It has a octagon barrel. The stock has a longer LOP and fits me perfect. How would you guys value it?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Custom Winchester 1890 value

Post by Sixgun »

Bill, sorry, I say it like it is. I would not touch that gun. Marlins made before around the early thirties would crack bolts with hi-vel 22 L.R. ammo and beings yours (yes, I know it's a Winchester) is in .22 mag....a LOT more pressure.....send it to the auctioneer with a note on the trigger guard....to me, it would be good for parts, only, and there's not much left. ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Custom Winchester 1890 value

Post by Booger Bill »

I questioned that too with the popular gunsmith I used but he thought it was alright. I did shoot it a little but very little. The marking wasn't changed and I do have abrick of WRF. If I shoot it more I will use the WRF. Thanks.