Burnt some black powder today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Burnt some black powder today.

Post by Nath »

It was grand to be out this afternoon. The skies cleared and a brisk fresh wind set in. Man the squirrels are big around these parts this year!

Took a nice pheasant home too.

Shame there was no spark when the partridge lifted from my feet! That would of been a first!

Only saw one woodcock. Doesn't seem to be many about this season so far.

Oh and I fell in the dark this morning! It's bloody hurting now I can tell you!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Burnt some black powder today.

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice shooting :D I won't ask what you were doing in the dark….. :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:57 pm Nice shooting :D I won't ask what you were doing in the dark….. :?
I was going to wait for some pheasants to come off roost with something I can't mention! Only a hen turned up in range and I want to keep them. It's a small group of wild birds that live at the end of a swampy wood.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

We love your little dog, Nath, what breed is that? Or is that asking the impossible? :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I tall ya.......if they ever come out with a magazine titled, "Hunting For The Man Of Wealth And Privilege" , Nath would be the cover man.

You guys do have class....you should spend some time over here....walking through the woods it's common to run across other hunters who look like they just stepped out of a cave....with the attitude to go with it.

As always, nice pics Nath and your little furry friend is in his glory.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope nothings broken. I took a bad one Wednesday with a load of packages and my old 73 in my arms. Nothing broken but lots of sore places and scabs over the scrapes. The replaced knee took the worst of it. Glad to see you and Jess out doing what you obviously love.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

jnyork wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:11 pm We love your little dog, Nath, what breed is that? Or is that asking the impossible? :D
All we know is she is a whippet crossed with unknown and her father is a bedlington terrier.
M. M. Wright wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:30 pm Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope nothings broken. I took a bad one Wednesday with a load of packages and my old 73 in my arms. Nothing broken but lots of sore places and scabs over the scrapes. The replaced knee took the worst of it. Glad to see you and Jess out doing what you obviously love.
Thank you. I don't shrug knocks and scrapes off how I use too. Don't think anything is broken but it's sore!
I notice my left arm is aching now!

Thanks y'all, Six.....

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nath great pics and write up as usual. No reasonably priced flintlocks or percussion at last show. Did buy a NAA .22 mini blackpowder revolver tho. Thing is a hoot to shoot with both 4f and T7... Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The look on Jess' face in the Squill pic is awesome - thanks again for posting !

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks gents.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Your squirrels are big indeed! Jess looks like she is happy as can be! Always a grand time in the woods especially with mans best friend!
Beautiful rooster. Do your woodcock stay all year or do they go south? Never hunted them before this year, didnt find any the one time I went but we got a couple pheasants and chukar.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:06 pm Your squirrels are big indeed! Jess looks like she is happy as can be! Always a grand time in the woods especially with mans best friend!
Beautiful rooster. Do your woodcock stay all year or do they go south? Never hunted them before this year, didnt find any the one time I went but we got a couple pheasants and chukar.
Thanks.
Our woodcock mostly winter here from the east, they come here from as far away as Siberia even.
There are some all year round population though yes.
I seem to see far less than I use to!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

With that squirrel Jess has that look like " If it moves I'll kill it ! Come on move just a little. " If I could read a dogs mind :mrgreen:
Awesome pictures that I love to see.
John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Like I mentioned this was the first time I hunted for woodcock, I've only seen them in the spring /summer while in Canada . I believe our birds are a bit smaller than the European strain. And yes the numbers here aren't what they were.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nice job, Nath. Sorry about the spill. I don't bounce anymore either. If your pup was ever involved in a litter, I'll bet you could sell them all right here! So sweet.
8)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:15 pm Nice job, Nath. Sorry about the spill. I don't bounce anymore either. If your pup was ever involved in a litter, I'll bet you could sell them all right here! So sweet.
:D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks like a great day Nath! :mrgreen: