value of this model 63 Winchester.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

value of this model 63 Winchester.

Post by Booger Bill »

Believe it or not I bought this NIB in the 1990`s. It`s close to end of production maybe 1956. My house keeper threw away the box! Still have some of the PW. I did put on the old scopechief. (no drilling) I estimate I only shot 4 or 5 boxes at the most through it.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: value of this model 63 Winchester.

Post by Pete44ru »

New Haven Model 63 production ended in 1958; Japanese repro Model 63 (Miroku) was made 1997-98.

If your Winchester is a Miroku repro, sans box it should bring about $750 (+/-).

If your Winchester is a gennie, it should bring about $100 more.

Your housekeeper cost you the extra $100 the box/papers would have brought.

Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

It`s not japan, one of the last winchesters made in the mid fifties with the grooved receiver.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Booger Bill...that's a NICE rifle. Retail would be about 13-$1500. I send you a cashiers check for a thousand dollars tomorrow.---6 :D
Model A Uzi’s
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill, that's a beauty! My dad gave me my grandfather's 63 for my 50th birthday last year, it was grandpa's favorite. He took that .22 everywhere. Oddly enough, the grooved receivers are worth a bit more.

I'll up Sixgun's bid by $100!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Thanks guys. I have a few more plus some other brands. I am 77 and have been blind sided with medical bills and other things and have been sitting home not daring to spend to take trips etc. I am trying to make up my mind what to keep and what to let go. I have a real hard time letting go of stuff but it`s also dawned on me I aint going to live forever.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Bill, although I'm not there....yet....I understand your dilemma...it's a sad time as I too think about how to liquidate the proper way without being robbed.

...an easy way to get rid of valuable guns is to take them to an auction house......a good auction house......you do NOT want an auction house that charges 20 % plus a 15% buyers premium on the buyer. You must find a quality auction house that is well attended that charges a flat 20% .....period.

Just for the hell of it, I took a 95% octagoned barreled 1892 in 44-40 with a couple of very small issues to this auction house 20 miles away. I told the guy..."OK, your going to get ONE chance........and if that chance proves beneficial to me, you will get lots more and if you screw up, your not going to get nothing, plus I'll bad mouth you to everyone in the high dollar gun field."

I told the guy I talk like others think and pull no punches. He assured me it would be beneficial for me.

Well, the gun was worth an easy $2200. They sold it for $1900 and I got a check for $1200. I told the guy you will never get anymore of my business.....by the time they got done dealing with buyers premium, their cut, taxes, whatever, they got 30% of MY gun. Screw that...I could have sold it at a gunshow for more than that.

Some experiments fail. Pook and Pook auctions, Downingtown, Pa.--------6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:40 am I'll up Sixgun's bid by $100!
jb 8)
Come on Jason...that was a real "N" move. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Make it $200 then! :D

jb 8)

Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Thanks guys. I am almost sorry I posted as I don't want to cause strife or a bidding war. Even when I posted I was fishing for education on worth. In the 1980`s I had tables at gun shows in california. It changed my life. My ex wife ran the tables sometimes when I had chances to work ot. End result was she ran off with another guy who worked the shows for the promoter. Also ran off with a lot of old western type guns I had owned before we even married. I got out of the gun shows, lived at work and haven't bought many and sold none in the last thirty five years and am out of touch on prices. I remarried and my wife is uneducated and don't care about my guns. First, I wanted to price them to update for her as I am seventeen years older than her and don't want her to get took when I croak. My main object is to put my records together and decide what (if any) to sell now, what to keep and pass on to my daughter. It will take some time. I have some odd balls, some nice custom rifles, some antiques etc. I mainly own old classic smiths, colts and winchesters along with a armfull of other brands. I had lost my password for quite awhile to this site and finally got around to creating another. I do plan on selling some but not until I get a good handle on prices. Old, broke and retired. Can't be making many mistakes.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Booger,
Relax...there's no bidding war. I was trying to give you an honest appraisal of your 63 and it is worth 13-15, maybe more at a good auction. I can see it's a "clean" gun.

I have several of those guns and wish no more.

For protecting your wife against deceitful individuals, you must catalog your guns. Write down serial numbers and 2 prices, a retail price and another price about 20% less and what guns that are left she will know not to take any less than that 20% price.

I know how gunshops work as to what they will give you. I also know what "friends" will do....the worst.....she will be robbed blind. Once she knows the prices she can shop around, possibly as consignments or at an honest auction house.

Catalog, two prices, keep alert.----6
Model A Uzi’s
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill,

I was just messin' with Sixgun Jack. He did the same thing to me a couple years ago, just thought I'd return the favor.

I completely understand your situation though. A little over three years ago, my wife ( later found out, on the dvice of my father), sold off several of my guns. I was unconsious in the ICU and not expected to make it. Most of the stuff that was sold off was EBR type guns and not any big deal to replace. The problem came with my handguns, two of which had been heavily customized. I was able to buy one back this summer, but I doubt I'll ever see the others. I now have a working list of what I have and what they are presently worth. I've aslo enlisted two friends that are quite knowlegable in what my stuff is worth and what to do with it in the future.

jason 8)

Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I can appreciate that as I was in the middle of similar jokes years ago with gun friends. I will post some more here that are hard to price because they are "customized" but this time will state they aren't for sale just yet. Thanks guys!