I always knew crows were SMART...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I always knew crows were SMART...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/zGYII1XbE4U

Interesting documentary.

They always sat out at 150 yards and laughed when I went outside with the 12 gauge as a kid.

Then I got a 6mm Remington with 12x scope, and they would circle overhead at about 10 yards and cackle....

I thought about putting the scope on the shotgun, but they probably would have noticed it said "Mossberg" on the side instead of "Ruger" and caught-on.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I always knew crows were SMART...

Post by Merle »

Makes a good case for a Savage over/under, don't it? :lol:
Merle from PA
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Crows were my favorite target in the seventies. I've shot em out of trees from 100-400 yards away. Even here, at the house, when I used to be able to shoot the big guns, those crows would see movement at the 150 yards I usually shot at them. They would fly off. They would sitting in a tree on the far pasture and I would inch out of the house and they would see me. So ...when I saw them out back, I would sneak out of the front of the house and weasle my way to the side to get a shot. Sometimes I got away with it, sometimes no.

My favorite was in around 1976 when I shot one with the 22-250 using 53 gr. Sierra benchrest hollow points...boom! He exploded in the tree..then his buddy saw what happened and landed in the same tree...boom! Got him....I set the rifle down and walked out to check out my prizes when another crow, pizzed at what happened to his buddies and flew right past me and landed in the same tree...way up there....I happened to have an old model Ruger Single Six which I used to promptly shoot him ...
A Triple....felt proud that day.

Now that those days are gone and the crows don't feel threatened, they land 10 yards from the house looking for scraps I throw out for the foxes. I can shotgun them easily but those things don't interest me anymore.

I also shot some with the 218 Bee and the 25-20, both CL Marlins with 4x Weavers.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Yes, I use to peak into a valley bottom as there was often a crow in the bottom.
They got as though they could tell the difference between a shotgun and a shouldered rifle.
So I learnt to carry the rifle under the arm but as soon as I stopped and took aim.......
Must of missed them to many times!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've heard that if you could get a young crow from the nest and raise it that it could learn to talk. But the tongue would need to be split.
A raven is supposed to be an even smarter bird. I tried to get a raven chick but the parents always chased me away.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!