Look at it this way!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Look at it this way!!

Post by 308magtip »

There are 3 boxes. The ballot box,the jury box,and the cartridge box. We go to the polling place to cast our ballot for the lesser of 2 or 3 now or soon to be dishonest persons.later we get a notice to sit in the jury box to maybe pass judgement on someone we checked on the paper we put in the ballot box.So perhaps the only good box is the last one. Any thoughts on this??
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Look at it this way!!

Post by Griff »

I simply think we need a Constitutional Amendment that disqualifies anyone from holding any public office after attending Law School... and Lobbying is a capital offense, plus "Special Circumstance" should apply if the Lobbyist is also a Lawyer.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

With the possible exception of the Supreme Court, no one with a law degree should be permitted to be a judge.
While we are at it, lets term limit legislators.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 am I simply think we need a Constitutional Amendment that disqualifies anyone from holding any public office after attending Law School... and Lobbying is a capital offense, plus "Special Circumstance" should apply if the Lobbyist is also a Lawyer.
Come on Griff...where would we be without the NRA?
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Any former elected official caught lobbying or consulting a lobby firm within 6 years of leaving office should be sentenced to 6 years hard labor. After 6 years, go ahead and lobby. Your power will be reduced and it will be more of a level field.

Federal Judges who are overturned more than 3 times in 2 years should go through a review process. The Circuit Court of Appeals should have at least 1 member who is not a Liar, or Lawyer,or however it really should be spelled. I know, not all Lawyers are crooked. I recently hunted with one whom I believe is honest. It is too bad people like him are so closely associated with the bad ones.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Have an election EVERY MONTH, nationwide.

Once a year (just after taxes, which would be due without the luxury/disguise of 'withholding') it would elect people to public office.

The other eleven times it would be to vote for whatever politician in the whole nation you want to be publicly executed, and your favorite charity.

Auction off the position of handle-puller at the hanging, and proceeds go to whatever charity got the highest votes.

Public television would cease to exist except to televise hearings, legislative meetings, and presidential speeches, but would also air the hanging live every month.

Do all that, and I'm thinking public office holders would be MUCH better behaved.... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:22 pm
Griff wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 amI simply think we need a Constitutional Amendment that disqualifies anyone from holding any public office after attending Law School... and Lobbying is a capital offense, plus "Special Circumstance" should apply if the Lobbyist is also a Lawyer.
Come on Griff...where would we be without the NRA?
The NRA isn't a lobbying organization... the ILA is... Anyone calling for the elimination of any of the Bill of Rights is, in fact, committing treason... and should be accorded about as much attention as it takes to pass sentence... eliminating the need for the ILA.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

True about the ILA vs the NRA, just like the CCRKBA vs the SAF.

It is important to donate to all the appropriate organizations, and not just 'pay dues'. Even a life membership in the NRA ideally should be supplemented by an additional contribution.....I keep an 'annual membership' to the NRA with another name active so I am reminded to send them money beyond my Life Membership, and the magazine I get I leave in waiting rooms or other places the low-information voters might see it....usually with a copy of Kates' article in it that I have highlighted.... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang guys..your educating me....then why does the news always call the NRA the "gun lobby"?

While I don't give them as much as I should, they get plenty. In addition to life membership, I've involved in three different disciplines of NRA shooting..all of which requires fees of different sorts. Big championships require more fees to the NRA. They get two more donations from me ...several months before Election Day and whenever I'm in a good mood and something calls for money. If I donated as much as they ask...probably thirty times a year, I would not have money to eat. :D

All told, probably in the neighborhood of 200 a year. Plus, I introduce other people to the NRA with a few memberships a year and hopefully they do the same. Three of my friends.....people I deal with all the time are benefactor members.

I've often told the wife that if I ever hit the lottery for big bucks and while I'm being interviewed by TV.......they say, "well Six, you have just hit the lottery for 64 million dollars, what are you going to do now." I would stand tall, put my chest out and tell them, "Folks, the first million is going to the National Rifle Association".-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

dang Six if you ain't right. It would be worth a million to see the leftys pee their pants LOL!!!!!
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.