Making use of free material

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
David LaPell
Levergunner

Making use of free material

Post by David LaPell »

After I picked up my Model 94 Winchester, I wanted to put a sling on it, but when I looked at some of the leather "no drill" slings and found them to be pretty expensive and money is tight right now. The wife and I were visiting a thrift store last week and I spotted a fleece scarf and I was going to get it to keep warm, but it didn't really fit me that well, so I took and used some black yarn and cut off a few sections of it to make a look for the front and for the buttstock and then took most of the scarf and folded it over four time and sewed it the whole length which added a lot of padding to it, then the ends were sewn through the loops. It fits really well, and while it stands out some, since I wear blaze orange anyways, it isn't all that much to stand out.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Making use of free material

Post by Blaine »

Nothing wrong with that. I "rig" stuff all the time to save money.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

That is old school right there, good job!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It looks about like what I imagine someone would have done back in the Great Depression or earlier. Make do with what you have and don't waste money or anything else. It looks right at home on a levergun.

During WWII sugar was rationed, but lemon drop candies were not. Lots of old timers used lemon drops in their tea to add sugar and lemon flavor at the same time. Kind of tough times, but the old timers made do with what was available and didn't waste anything.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost