Hi guys ...... its been awhile.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Hi guys ...... its been awhile.

Post by wm »

I was out to the range today getting my Savage 99 ready for Michigan deer season and it got me thinking about you guys. Its been a eventful couple years since I visited regularly.

Anyway I just wanted to say Hello and tell you guys I hope you are all doing well and that I have often used the wisdom passed on long on these pages over the last couple of years. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Wm of Michigan.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Hi guys ...... its been awhile.

Post by claybob86 »

Welcome back! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

HI & put that 99 to good use in Michigan this year!!

ollogger
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks for stopping by. If you can, come by more often.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good to see you back....Post about your hunt!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:10 am Good to see you back....Post about your hunt!
+1... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Welcome back, what part of Michigan do you hunt? My family camped and hunted and trout fished on the Manistee river west of Grayling. That was in the 1950's.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

JerryB wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:27 pm Welcome back, what part of Michigan do you hunt? My family camped and hunted and trout fished on the Manistee river west of Grayling. That was in the 1950's.
Same. Near enough to the National Guard training base to have Chinooks scare off the game I;m hunting. Nothing like a Twin rotor Chinook moving low, & slow to shake the leaves
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I live near a military base and Chinooks pass over two or three times a day, they sometimes flush pigeons over me but I'm nervous of firing with them overhead in case they return fire.. :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Speaking of a hunter being spooked by military aircraft - Imagine you are still hunting alone in promising cover and you see two silent F4 Phantoms on the deck, supersonic,less than 50 yards out! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then comes the sonic boom and roar of the jets after they pass!

Three different groups of deer broke cover within range, but I was too distracted to shoot.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't think I would shoot too close to a military aircraft. They might do worse than shoot back. They could send Governmental employees with subpoenas at you. That would ruin your year.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Some of the best hunting (Deer, Rabbits, Quail) that I've ever experienced was on the Fort Bragg Military Reservation (NC), which also includes Pope AFB.

The paratroopers (Green Berets ?) occasionally descending above the areas I hunted was disconcerting at first :shock: (we didn't hear the plane, but heard the men talking to each other as they came down) - but I later thought it was a cool experience.

The huge deer population available for hunting there was worth it, though. 8)

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Most of the paratroopers at Ft. Bragg were not Green Beret. The spoons and the gun bunnies there were all airborne qualified, as were the clerk typists. There were 3 regiments of plain old infantry who jumped out of the Air Force's C-130s and C141s then walked for the rest of the battle back when I was stationed there. Major General Edwin Burba was in charge during my time there. The Green Beret generally jumped a square back then so that they could steer. The square or rectangular parachutes could go as much as 9 feet forward for each foot of descent. Jumping out at around 30,000 feet with oxygen and full arctic gear could land the S.F. guys a long distance from where they exited. If you heard talking as troops were coming down, it would have been the 11B troops. The Green Beret were professionals.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost