Due to current economy, I won't be buying any guns soon...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Due to current economy, I won't be buying any guns soon...

Post by vancelw »

At least for a month or two.... :D
MX5200 Cropped.jpg
Supposedly retired a few years back, then went out and got myself a new job. I was buying a new gun every day or so, but just couldn't spend it fast enough....
Problem solved!

Talk about "mission creep" :shock:
I started out looking at 30 to 40 hp tractors. I decided I would be mad at myself if I didn't go ahead and get enough to handle anything I would ever need to do, so the 52 hp won out.

This IS a gun-related post. I plan on building a couple of berms/backstops to improve safety at my home range. My neighbor offered to let me borrow his front end loader, but what fun would that be?

Biggest drawback is they are putting that Tier 4 EPA garbage on tractors now. I wish I had bought one 5 years ago.
Now I need to sell my 1951 8N and my 1966 MF135... :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Due to current economy, I won't be buying any guns soon...

Post by bmtshooter »

Nice …… I sold my Kubota a couple of years ago when I moved. Sure wish I had it back. I get the shakes just looking at prices for a replacement.
NRA life member
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You made an excellent choice. I know I sound hypocritical due to my dislike of foreign guns but nobody makes a tractor like Kubota. Mine is a B3350 and it looks like you have the next series bigger..the L Seriers.

Yep....that EPA stuff is a major PITA.....once the light comes on, you have to keep it running until the light goes out...usually about 20 minutes. The light usually comes on about every 20-25 hours and after a while, it goes on about every 5 hours and you have to do a "parked regeneration". Last year I tried to do a parked regeneration and all of these lights, beepers and other pelosi started going off so I had to shut it down and call the dealer. They came out and fixed it...under my watchful eye and I noticed that the way the technician did it was different than what was written in the manual. They sent me a $350 bill which I quickly had nullified with no argument from the dealer.

Just a suggestion.....always use fresh diesel from the gas station and don't use any additives...you know, upper cylinder lube and the like. You may pay a little more because of road tax but it beats getting stale and waterlogged off-road diesel. The light comes on a lot less since running fresh diesel. And run it hot...rpm's to the max....2500 for mine.

If the tank under the hood that burns off the carbon goes bad..it's $3000. Take care of it.-----6

Model A Uzi’s
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Congrats and a sigh of relief that my old JD keeps on doing the job.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Jack, that's an MX5200. I started out looking at the L series 33 and 39 horse.. :oops:

I looked at John Deere (yanmar), new Holland (Romania?) and Mahindra (Korea). Didn't like them at all. Dealers didn't seem to care about trying to sell me a Case or Massey ferguson.... :?:

I love American made stuff. Try to buy it whenever I can. It's getting nigh impossible.
I do love my Japchesters, though. Have a 71, two 92s, 1873, 1866 and an 1895 TD. Love them all, even if the 1895 has a stinkin' tang safety.

I have always used road diesel in my MF 135. It's not worth the trouble for me to go get ag diesel.

I've never seen so many warning stickers in my life :roll:
Not sure why they bothered painting it.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Vance,
Oh man..you got the M Series. :D That really is the pelosi! That baby is what farmers use to plow 1000 acres.

I was looking at yours and it's built the same way mine it's..but on a larger scale. I really like how easy it is to change attachments.....takes about 5 minutes to pop off the loader or reinstall it. You see those levers on the bucket...just turn them up and back off, it's that easy if you have something else to put on there, like hay forks.

You gonna get a mower deck or beings with the size of your tractor, probably be better to get a bush hog. In fact, I'm not even sure if they make a mower deck for the M Series. Then there's a backhoe option, a post hole digger, snow blower .....on and on......yep, the only thing different between men and boys is the price of their toys. :D

Your gonna have a blast with that baby.----(hint...always complain to the wife about it so she don't suspect why your always spending time on the Kubota) :D

Oh...the stickers..yea, about 25 of em....most will come off at the first power washing.
Model A Uzi’s
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

We bought a used Kubota BX24 last spring, bucket, backhoe, belly mower and bushhog. It's a little small but I have plenty of time and it replaces a pickaxe, shovel, wheelbarrow and rake. My wife is actually using it more than me, says it's fun.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Tractors are gun related, how else do you make dirt pile backstops and keep the shooting lanes open. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Plus, you can carry your deer in the bucket. I have used a Kubota a couple of times, and the one I used was a good one.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:44 pm Vance,
Oh man..you got the M Series. :D
......it's that easy if you have something else to put on there, like hay forks.
You gonna get a mower deck or beings with the size of your tractor, probably be better to get a bush hog. In fact, I'm not even sure if they make a mower deck for the M Series. Then there's a backhoe option, a post hole digger, snow blower .....on and on......yep, the only thing different between men and boys is the price of their toys. :D
I don't think this is as big as an M. This MX is called an economy utility.
I got more implements than Carter has pills...
5-foot disc, 9-foot disc, middle buster, bedding plow, 2-bottom turning plow, shredder (bush hog to everyone else), rear scoop bucket, post hole digger, lift boom (post hole digger without the digger :D ) bob blade, rear straight blade....i forget what all else. Wife claims the place is starting to look junky. Doesn't appreciate valuable toys..er, tools.
Best implement is an old set of wire bed springs with a crosstie on top for weight. Great for smoothing out broken ground. Like after a dig or after the hogs came through. :evil:

My 1st purchase is going to be a cutting edge to beef up that bucket a bit and then a good set of pallet forks.

I won't be mowing the yard with this. I have used my 8N before and the trees have to be trimmed high to do it safely. I have Bad Boy zero turn mower. Traded my last motorcycle for it and it's the best trade I ever made.
piller wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 pm Plus, you can carry your deer in the bucket. I have used a Kubota a couple of times, and the one I used was a good one.
I'm gonna be carrying so much stuff with that bucket I'm gonna get fat(ter)
I have thought of 9 million things to do with my new bucket. Once I scrape some of that orange paint off, it's "Katie, bar the door!"
I also can't wait for those new pallet forks. Got them picked out already.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

New Kubota = happiness.
That said, I had the small Mahindra a few years ago -- the three-cylinder diesel -- and it was built from bucket to PTO by Mitsubishi. Did all I asked of it and more. Miss it.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 am New Kubota = happiness.
That said, I had the small Mahindra a few years ago -- the three-cylinder diesel -- and it was built from bucket to PTO by Mitsubishi. Did all I asked of it and more. Miss it.
I guess they bid those out all over the world.
I thought they were made in India, but the 2555 I was looking at was made in Korea. It had all the features for $2K less than the Kubota, but the floorboard was huge and so was the area behind the driver seat. I couldn't see anything from the operator position. And I didn't like the low-hanging fuel tank and wires. I'll have to discipline myself not to use my new tractor like a bulldozer in the way I have abused my Ford and MF over the years :oops:

Looks like I should have bought an ark. It has done nothing but rain since I brought that new toy home. This has been one strange year for weather.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Vancelw, both you and Six each need a pair of M60s to mount on the bucket booms! Then it's just a matter of rigging the ammo feed from bucket to each M60!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm Vancelw, both you and Six each need a pair of M60s to mount on the bucket booms! Then it's just a matter of rigging the ammo feed from bucket to each M60!
I wouldn't bet against Six trying something like that, or Pitchy could do it. It would sure help eradicate wild hogs in those places where people want to do it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Do tractors made today use that same stupid fluid stuff that make road trucks use? That has to be the dumbest idea ever.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm Vancelw, both you and Six each need a pair of M60s to mount on the bucket booms! Then it's just a matter of rigging the ammo feed from bucket to each M60!
Naaaaa...M-60's are extremely collectible and only a few are transferable. I have "tractor scabbards" similar to what you westerners use on your horses for rifle. I have them mounted tandem with Colt M-4's with binary triggers and a dispenser system that spits out 30 round mags which is run by the tractors 3 Point hitch. On the back hydraulics is a swivel..that Pitchy made me that I mount the BAR on.

The world is crazy....what once was fantasy with anarchy is now coming to a theatre near you. Be prepared, it's not far away.

Vance and I might have to change the steel that makes our buckets to A 46100 armor plate so we can raise the buckets to stop the oncoming "mob" bullets.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Rusty wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:09 pm Do tractors made today use that same stupid fluid stuff that make road trucks use? That has to be the dumbest idea ever.
Rusty,
No, we don't have to add fluid. Kubota and similar sized tractors use a burn off system where contaminates are collected in this small barrel looking thing under the hood. When this container reaches its limit, a light comes on the dash board which lets you know "it's about to happen" and it heats up and spews all kinds of nasty looking stuff out the exhaust. It takes about 20 minutes and then your good to go for another 20 hours or so.

A few years back it started with the big farm tractors and are now working its way down to the smaller tractors and next year will be required for even small home sized tractors! All the while as China and volcanoes spew out more pelosi in a day than our tractors do in a year. Thanks you Obama and the EPA.----6
Model A Uzi’s
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

M60s are for wimps...like Rambo and Shwarzenneger...

.50 cal all the way!

The Mahindra I looked at didn't have the regenerative system on it. I think they temporarily got around it buy changing the injector rails or something the dealer was talking about.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey I agree a pair of Ma Duces would be awesome but your ammo load would be reduced!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!