Modern Cattle Rustling alive and well...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Modern Cattle Rustling alive and well...?

Post by AJMD429 »

A friend in law enforcement says drug cartel types are stealing truckloads of cattle and they may even smuggle drugs in the stolen cattle. If that's the case you guys out west need to be on your toes.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Modern Cattle Rustling alive and well...?

Post by piller »

Insane.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Is that why I feel so good after a steak :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Never heard of that though these days I suppose anything is possible. Around here it's more likely to find the remains of an animal that was killed and butchered overnight. Used to be legal to hang rustlers...
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

In Texas and neighboring states, horse owners must take care of their animals lest they stolen and trailered to Mexico to become dog food.
This has been the case for several years since processing horses in the slaughter houses in Texas was banned.
Maybe the booming economy will give these rustlers better ways to earn a living.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

Can one do the 3 S's to rusler's? They probly aren't chipped or collared.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

MODERN TURKEY RUSTLING alive and well ?

Police are hunting a gang of rustlers who have targeted the same farm 20 times in a year – stealing £11,000 worth of TURKEYS.

The bird thieves have made off with the animals in a series of raids at Beech Tree Paddocks, near Newton Abbot, Devon.

Farmer Ian Johnson has been hit 20 times since 2009 and during the latest break-in at the weekend lost another 67 turkeys.

Ian, 38, said he had employed a security guard but the thieves struck again – when he was off sick.

He said: ”It’s becoming rife. Employing an overnight guard has been painfully expensive, but necessary.

”The fact that they struck when he’s off sick tells me that people are watching. - This is seriously organized stuff.

”This is easy money for thieves. It’s much easier than picking up a TV.”

You guys out west (of England) need to be on your toes - you too, Nath & GK ! . :mrgreen:

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I know a couple of former Marines (no not my kids) that would be more than willing, not to mention capable, of finding a nice comfortable spot and spend a few days for the rustlers to show up. Of course you would need that shovel when they are through. Don't worry, their won't be more than one pop per rustler.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Crime in this country, mostly by low life's that are protected by liberal judges, is really getting out of hand. Law abiding people are getting increasingly frustrated. We all know what happens when frustration builds to excess....just look at the democrats.

My uncle, who owns one of New Jersey's largest building supply business told me last year that he suspected/knew one of his managers was stealing supplies so he hired a private investigator to get the goods on him..this was no small amount of supplies......several hundred thou was skimmed from the warehouses..........anyway, the investigator did a great job....pictures...witnesses... blah blah. blah..... My uncle and the lawyers took the portfolio of evidence to the D.A. and it was refused. The judge wanted THREE distinct instances of stealing. By this time the manager caught on and stopped the stealing and my uncle could not even fire him! He worked for another six months before he was able to eliminate his job by reorganizing which made the managers job obsolete.

Yea, the frustration is building while the crooks/robbers/thiefs are taking full advantage as they know full well what they can get away with. It's just a matter of time .....and it's going to be in our time.----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Modern law in court isn't necessarily any better than what it was 100 years ago. If we get enough originalists on the Supreme Court, it could change for the better. Still, when crooks know that there will be justice instead of just going through a court, crime goes down.
D. Brian Casady
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Pete44ru wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 am .

MODERN TURKEY RUSTLING alive and well ?

Police are hunting a gang of rustlers who have targeted the same farm 20 times in a year – stealing £11,000 worth of TURKEYS.

The bird thieves have made off with the animals in a series of raids at Beech Tree Paddocks, near Newton Abbot, Devon.

Farmer Ian Johnson has been hit 20 times since 2009 and during the latest break-in at the weekend lost another 67 turkeys.

Ian, 38, said he had employed a security guard but the thieves struck again – when he was off sick.

He said: ”It’s becoming rife. Employing an overnight guard has been painfully expensive, but necessary.

”The fact that they struck when he’s off sick tells me that people are watching. - This is seriously organized stuff.

”This is easy money for thieves. It’s much easier than picking up a TV.”

You guys out west (of England) need to be on your toes - you too, Nath & GK ! . :mrgreen:

:lol:
Is it me or could it be the security guard :lol: Was he ill just before Christmas :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I had to chase a horse thief a few nights ago, someone took one of the owners daughters horses out of the paddock but was spotted by my neighbour who called me, I caught the horse but didn't see the guy who took it, the horse was reluctant to leave his mate behind so the thief ran of when he saw us coming. I didn't have time to get my Winchester and a rope, so he got lucky this time :evil: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 am I had to chase a horse thief a few nights ago, someone took one of the owners daughters horses out of the paddock but was spotted by my neighbour who called me, I caught the horse but didn't see the guy who took it, the horse was reluctant to leave his mate behind so the thief ran of when he saw us coming. I didn't have time to get my Winchester and a rope, so he got lucky this time :evil: :lol:
Call Nath and say it was a big fox. Have him bring Jess and a muzzleloader. Just because some suicidal idiot jumps in front of a fox as he fires, there shouldn't be a big problem. It would work in most parts of Texas.
D. Brian Casady
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

This is a real deal where I work in the Oklahoma Panhandle. Not sure it's the cartel related stuff, but the mode of operation is to back up to a bunch of penned cattle, load them in a trailer and drive off. I don't live in OK, so I've never had livestock there, but I understand that due to Oklahoma's laws, it's not hard to take them to market and peddle them. Very easy way for a crook to generate cash, cattle are generally liquid and you know pretty much what the going price will be. Now where I live in Wyoming, it's been a real deal as long as I can remember---but it's generally only a few head, and most are butchered or branded/re-branded, not loaded up and sold. In Wyoming it's hard law wise to take them to the auction and sell them, but somebody who is hungry and has time on their hands can find open spaces with plenty of cattle and no one around and of course there are always going to be unscrupulous neighbors who ranch and have cattle. I cowboy-ed a bit years ago and it was not uncommon to come up on a butcher site with a gut pile and the hide. Rumors of small time rustling did circulate around the ranches, things like "nobody in these parts eats their own calves, they always eat one of the neighbors".
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

What part of the Oklahoma Panhandle do you work in?
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sure haven't heard of this in cattle ranches around here? I have been told by ranch owners that individual cows have been rustled, and they usually take them during the night and leave a lot of wasted meat on the carcass. A fair number of ranchers lease US Forest Service land here and the cattle graze far from the land owner's homes. So it's pretty easy for crooks to shoot a cow at night and take backstraps and quarters.
Most ranchers figure it's locals doing it, and likely coming out from small local towns to get free beef. They never get caught because it's random, and nobody wants to guard their cattle every night to attempt to catch one.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Pillar, I work mainly in Beaver County and the counties on every side of it, including the neighboring counties in Texas and OK. The information about the rustling came from local LE folks around Beaver, so it should be reliable, but the instances I was told about were last year and the year before---I have not spoken to anyone who runs in the LE circle down there recently. Info from Wyoming is from my personal experiences.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I was curious. My Grandmother's farm was 1 mile north of Turpin on the East side. Our family still has friends in the area, and those friends do run a few head of cattle.
D. Brian Casady
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Turpin is on the west edge of Beaver County, so I'm sure right close to the area the LE folks talked about, although I never ask who the cattle were stolen from or which part of Beaver County it was. The LE folks were Beaver County LE.