Song of the South, movie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Song of the South, movie

Post by JerryB »

Well our movie Song of the South came today, we watched it after a quick lunch. And ''OL Brer Rabbit is still as slck as ever, even in the briar patch. Uncle Remus told some good tales. " Zippity Do Da"
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Song of the South, movie

Post by Pete44ru »

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way,
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay !

:mrgreen:

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

The closing, skipping along scenes where remus actually sees his characters, particularly the interaction between him and the frog, like they're old friends are my favorite memories of the film.
m.A.g.a. !
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

where did you get it - can it still be bought in the US
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

It was the first movie I ever went to , cost was 50cents. "Mr blue birds on my shoulder" seemed innocent enough
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

It hasn't been available in the U.S. for a long time. Ray found it for sale called Vintagemovies.com, but my grandson could not find it there. He found it on amazon for 29.95.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

When my oldest set of boys were little, I had a copy of the book. May have had a different title but the boys sure enjoyed my reading it to them. Usually at bed time. Of course I had to invent voices for each character and try to remember which was which 'cause the boy remembered. Great stories with a moral lesson in each.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Ron, I had some books about Uncle Remus and all of the characters. Mine were the Golden books, but you just can't beat watching the movie even an 80 year old can still did, with Tar baby and all the rest.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Octagon, it is the first movie I went to as well.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

As I recall, all the black folks would sit together in the balcony, though under no requirement to do so. Birds of a feather I guess..
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I saw it at the Colonial Theater in Augusta, Maine in the very early 50s, possibly earlier, and can still remember scenes from it. I would love to see it again. Whenever a Disney flick would show at the theater the line would extend from the theater back to the intersection with Bridge street, around the corner and sometimes even onto the bridge over the Kennebeck itself.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I bought a copy of it at a Civil War reenactment several years ago. I'm pretty sure it was a bootleg copy but it was worth it to have a copy to show to Jr.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.