I Remember When.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

I Remember When.....

Post by Ray »

At a family reunion a question was asked of oldest memories of national importance.

The eldest there could remember radio announcements and newspaper headlines and cinema news reels of pearl harbor, the major battles, VE day, the a-bombs and VJ day.

The younger folks, by descending age remembered:

news of the korean war.

the bay of pigs and the misslie crisis.

when JFK and oswald were shot in dallas.

news coverage of the vietnam war.

MLK and RFK assassinations.

watergate and ultimately nixon waving goodbye.

Uncle Ronnie taking a .22 slug in a lung.

the challenger and columbia shuttle disasters.

the clinton scandals.

the helpless feeling while watching those silver birds fly into the world trade center.

the deaths of kaddaffi, hussien, bin laden.

The very youngest could remember the snowflakes weeping and writhing on the ground when hillary's defeat was announced.

Then the unofficial spokesman of the gathering realized that everyone of importance other than cousin earl had reminisced. So earl was asked to contribute a profound memory. Earl said:

" I remember watching Georgia Championship Wrestling on tv of a Saturday morning in 1979 when Abdullah the Butcher ate Gordon Solie's microphone! "

The reunion soon broke-up and everyone straggled home.

The raconteur who had made the most eloquent description of his grade school classroom's experience at hearing of JFK's shooting complained,

"That !@#$%^&*! scoundrel cousin of mine, earl always has to one-up everybody else !"
m.A.g.a. !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: I Remember When.....

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Gordon was based near me out of Tampa. He took a young aspiring lawyer under his wings and taught him the business. You can see the lawyer on Youtube on his own channel now under Lionel Nation.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Rusty wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 am Gordon was based near me out of Tampa. He took a young aspiring lawyer under his wings and taught him the business. You can see the lawyer on Youtube on his own channel now under Lionel Nation.
Georgia Championship Wrestling was a big deal in the deep south in the mid and late 70's.....I don' think anyone thought it was real but rather, an entertaining diversion from gerald and jimmy and yarafat and brezhnev.....if you had a tall enough mast, wide enough vhf antenna, a signal booster and a direction rotator, you could sometimes pick-up ted turner's new station in atlanta and G.C.W......

Gordon Solie had that howard cosell dead-pan, monotone, emotionless delivery that was a comic relief to all of the silly drama going on in the studio around him.......
m.A.g.a. !
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

My Mrs remembers everything, especially what I said, where I said it, the day and time I said it! :|
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nath wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:21 am My Mrs remembers everything, especially what I said, where I said it, the day and time I said it! :|
Nath.....that's why hunting and shooting continues long after the real need for it.

As for the post, I can't add nothing...never did think wrestling was real. :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I also remember when Madmood I'm Gonna Jihad and the other students attacked and took over our Embassy in Teheran while following the ravings of a lunatic Unholy man who looked as if he had died a month ago. Presdet Cottuh(phonetically spelled) didn't know what to do. He was too much of a pacifist to understand how to deal with those bullies. Jimmy Carter was not evil or stupid. He got a lot of horrible advice from Albert Gore,SR and from Armand Hammer. Although, Former President Carter's unreasoning fear of rabbits is completely baffling to me. He was reduced to a guivering blob of screaming crying jell-o according to witnesses on more than one occasion as he begged for someone to shoot the rabbit. I guess we all have our unreasoning fears.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

We couldn't afford a TV (or much of anything else) in the fifties, but I'd wait next door until it was time to walk to elementary school and get to watch their TV that was always tuned to the morning news show. I remember the MauMau crisis, and other unrest in Africa. I remember clips of Castro and Nikita K. pounding their shoes on the desk at the UN, and Castro and his thugs being kicked out of a hotel for killing, cleaning and fixing chickens in their NYC hotel room. Anybody remember the front page pic of Nikita K. telling a little girl "Yes, I will bury you too" :evil: My little suburb of Columbus Ohio was about 95% White and we only had a very few Black kids in school with us. They were to a person nicely behaved, well dressed great students and I couldn't imagine why I'd see people that looked like them being horribly mistreated down south and in other cities. Well, times have sure changed, eh?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am
Nath wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:21 am My Mrs remembers everything, especially what I said, where I said it, the day and time I said it! :|
Nath.....that's why hunting and shooting continues long after the real need for it.

As for the post, I can't add nothing...never did think wrestling was real. :D ----6
:lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!