TOO MANY COYOTES IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

TOO MANY COYOTES IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

Post by jeepnik »

The wife woke me up last night a little after 12. There was a terrible racket coming from the neighbors front yard. By the time I got dressed and went outside it was all over. Looked this afternoon at it appears one of our racoons met up with a coyote and didn't fair well. Never knew coyotes don't eat the tail. To fluffy?

Anyway, now the neighbors are asking ME to put my yote traps out again. Mind you, these are the same folks who just about threatened to castrate me for eliminating coyotes in past. Seem one families youngsters were terribly upset with all the noise and commotion.

I guess when it's in your front yard or even your neighbors the reality of just what a coyote can do comes home to roost. Maybe next time a racoon ends up in the trap I'll use it for live bait instead of killing it and calling animal control to come remove the corpse. That will likely ruffle a few feathers. :twisted:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: TOO MANY COYOTES IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

Post by GunnyMack »

Around here we very rarely see a tote. But if you are outside after dark and one of the fire whistles goes off the yotes start singing for miles around. These dogs do not respond to calling and we cant use leg/body traps... yup libatards reign.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The only way people around here have had much success is putting out bait. Chickens tend to be noisy and are inexpensive and usually considered expendable. Unruly small children you've taken away from the neighbor are frowned upon for that use however.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Just me, but I would probably tell my neighbors to "pound sand" after the grief they had given you.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thunder50 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm Just me, but I would probably tell my neighbors to "pound sand" after the grief they had given you.
Yep, was going to comment on that, but wouldn’t have been able to phrase it so politely. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

A fellow always wants to be on good terms with his neighbor if possible.

Sounds like you've not seen eye to eye on the issue in the past.

I'd tell them about your plan. Let them be fully informed.

If they don't like it, or you can't work out something effective, put the ball in their court.

"Well, then... You've got a problem. See ya."

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I've found out most people are back stabbing bast--ds.......they will smile in your face, talk nice and as soon as they get a chance, will try to cause grief in your life.

Whatever you choose to do, follow the law on your castle grounds. On the other guys castle grounds..that's his problem.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

the midwest trapping shows on the outdoor channels do not show a trapped furbearer or varmint being dispatched....only before and after.....

on the other hand, the programs on swine trapping graphically show multiple sounders being shot with self-loading .22s with many shots required and much terrified squealing.

the argument on the disparity between the two policies are that the pigs are simply nasty and noxious but the poor cute fox, coyote, bobcat, racoon are not too far removed from the viewing audience's beloved pets.
m.A.g.a. !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Thunder50 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm Just me, but I would probably tell my neighbors to "pound sand" after the grief they had given you.
I would, but I have pets. So, a couple of the traps went out last night. Can you say bacon?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad