They are overpriced bad.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

They are overpriced bad.

Post by hightime »

Well I have for the most part steered away fro spending the going price for Colts. Except for a Police Positive at a fair price. But I’vehad since new a 22 cal Diamondback. I still have the box and papers. I check asking prices now and then. Totally blown away. Good gun for sure, but how goofy can we get?
I always say nothing I have is for sale. This gets me thinking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: They are overpriced bad.

Post by Old No7 »

hightime wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:19 pm They are overpriced bad.
Yup, seems any Colt from the "snake family" is trending WAY out of whack with normalcy...

Maybe I shouldn't have bought all those stocks 30 years ago and bought Pythons instead...

My late father had a beautiful .22 Diamondback, lightly used, with box & papers, but none of us boys have it now and I'm guessing he'd sold that one a few years before he passed. Bet it would get 2X to 3X in today's crazy market.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I got one in the early 90's and then added a few more in 6" (one in nickel in the wood case) in the mid-90's. I just love how the 6" handles and shoots. Now I wish I had picked up some 4". I'm NOT even going to look on GunBroker ... I don't want to know. I love my Diamondbacks.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
65bee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 65bee »

There are some strange things occurring in the used gun world right now. Attended a fairly major northern New England gun show a couple weeks ago and had interesting discussions with two major and long-time Winchester dealers. One had just returned from a summer-long tour of major Western shows in Idaho and Montana. One said that the market for antique Winchesters is rapidly dying. He has never seen such non-interest in them at the shows. The last two generations are not into them. The generation that loves them and collected them has basically passed. He feels that the peak period of high prices is already gone and would recommend that anyone with a collection to sell would be well advised to seek out a good auction house soon and dispose of it! Another dealer there told me the same thing. He had some really nice pre-64 model 70s at reasonable prices and no takers! This kind of mirrors what I have observed in the classic car market. The pre-WW2 cars (originals, not hot rods, and other than '32-'34 Fords) are dropping in price yearly. Model A Fords especially. Regarding the Colt 'snake' guns, I personally feel what is occurring is a 'bubble' and will eventually implode. There is no logical reason, quality or rarity-wise, for these guns to be commanding the prices they are.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

So maybe a good time to sell my NIB NRA Colt King Cobra .357?

CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

There's obviously a demand. I don't get it, but it's their money.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/15057517

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well for me, I hope the Winchester prices do drop. Then maybe I can afford some good ones and more of em.
I don't have them as an investment. I have them cause I like them. Poorest investment I ever made. I will just give them all to my kids in the end.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If I ever get to another gun show, I will need to look at some old Winchesters.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Glad I kept my Python with 6" barrel :mrgreen: First pistol I bought.
1965 $175, 50 rnds. 38 and 50 rnds 357, out the door.
I has been taken care of. Has some holster rub character to it. Only firearm I know the serial # to. Don't know how someone can buy one and never shoot it after all these years like that NIB one.
Amazes me what the price is for them also .
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I realize that there are collectors of expensive and magnificent firearms, but I just wanted something that would be a nice little kit gun.

I bought a handy little .22 a few days ago that cost me next to nothing and works great.

It's a little H&R Model 900.

Anyway. No arms or legs involved.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Hightime, Fisherman’s Corner seem likes they got pretty proud of their gun prices too. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

bronco,
Small world-
I bought my S&W M19 6 inch about the same time as you bought your Python. I tried the Python of a friend, but bought the M19 because I grew up shooting Smiths and was used to the grip and handling. I have since acquired a few other Smiths, but actually won the .357 Snake gun at a Friends of the NRA dinner. It is the only stainless steel handgun that I own, so it has been tucked away in my gun safe for several years.

Some day, I will pass it on to a descendant or sell it, but for now, it is a safe-queen.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/