Every 20 years or so...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Every 20 years or so...

Post by AJMD429 »

...something happens that 'everyone remembers where they were when they found out'...

the 20's = 'Black Tuesday'
the 40's = Pearl Harbor
the 60's = Kennedy's assassination
the 80's = the Challenger Explosion
2001 = World Trade Center Destroyed

....what next....??? :shock: :?

(....maybe for some of the Snowflake crowd, it was Election Night 2016.... :lol: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Re: Every 20 years or so...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, we avoided Hillary being elected. Maybe our luck has turned!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've only been around for the last two.

When the Challenger exploded I was in high school. They let us gather in the lunch room and wheeled in a couple of TVs. Lots of emotions going on that day.

On 9/11 my ex-wife had flown out of Cleveland on a business trip that morning to Missouri. I was building a house on the lake and didn't know what was happening until the Coast Guard station about five hundred yards away went into lock down. Just after that my phone started to ring. A friend lived nearby and said I needed to come to his house. Got there just as the second plane hit. Got on the phone to the Ex's company, they were already on the ground and at their destination, but locked down in a conference room and had no idea what was going on. The Ice Queen called about 30 min later to let me know she was ok, but had no way home. I was packing up the truck that afternoon ready to head off to pick up her and her assistant when she called. They had bagged the last two seats on a Greyhound. Picked them up in Clev. and got them home.
That memory is as clear as it was yesterday.

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

When Challenger blew up I was driving between Deer Lodge Mt and Butte, for a late college course. The professor told everybody to go home. On 9-11 I was on the process of returning to college after a decade or so out of school, and went to take my Algebra pre test to see what if I needed to take th class or could test out. I watched the first plane then heard the news after that. Both memories clear as a bell. I remember when I heard about Reagan being shot also.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Not sure about the every 20 years thing. I can think of a number of other tragic events that occurred between those others.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

When JKF was shot, I was in 7th Grade Math Class. Since then our country has endured so, so many harsh blows that I could never name them all. So far, our Constitution and National Ethos has pulled us through it all. I hope the same can be said of the next few years as I have no doubt that a coup is completely underway and the country completely divided.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Muddly
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Muddly »

Sounds dangerously close to asking " What's next?" to me!