AWA Lightning 45 Colt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

AWA Lightning 45 Colt

Post by M. M. Wright »

I know, it's not a lever but it sure is light and handy, and packs a real wallop. Now, anybody got one, had one or know how to get it to cycle cartridges better. I don't even remember how I got this thing. Must have been in a trade. The cartridge guides were swapped side to side and I diagnosed that and swapped them but it still sometimes kicks two out the top and it is the pits to unload. Shooting to unload is much easier. It just seems the top port is too short for a loaded round to get out the top. My loads work fine in the Colt SAAs. 200 RNFP and ffg. Gotta be close to what the originals were designed to function with. Wish it was a 44-40.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: AWA Lightning 45 Colt

Post by GunnyMack »

Cant help ya but I sure kick myself for NOT buying that original Colt Lightning 38-40 I could have go for a song !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pepe Ray
Levergunner 2.0

Re: AWA Lightning 45 Colt

Post by Pepe Ray »

No I don't have one, but my best buddy does and he has explored it till he is convinced that the ONLY way to get it to feed at all is to use ONLY ammo that exactly fits the original profile of factory Win or RP conical s/f.p.'s. FWIW
Pepe Ray
Jesus is the way.