"Mohawk" - don't bother

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

"Mohawk" - don't bother

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This is not the recommendation GK made for "Drums Along the Mohawk".

The movie "Mohawk" came up as a recommendation for me the other day on Netflix. I guess they figured out I like period pieces. I do - "The Last of the Mohicans" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

So, I try to walk 5 miles each morning on the treadmill before work. Helps with my back. Was looking for something to watch, and decided to try "Mohawk". Netflix had it rated 5 stars out of 5.

I think that was just because no one had watched it or rated it yet.

I gave it two stars and was being generous. I gave them points for at least using flintlock rifles (the movie is set in 1814), and trying to show them used properly. Costumes weren't "bad" (weren't great, but I've seen a lot worse). The story, acting and cinematography though were all BAD. This was little more than an anti-American/anti-white screed. I'm surprised they didn't through in global warming just for measure.

Don't bother.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: "Mohawk" - don't bother

Post by gamekeeper »

I agree Jay, I watched this at the weekend, very disappointed. :(
The guy in what looked like welding goggles spoilt it for me, I thought he must have been frightened by the flash in the pan ... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

watched about 20 minutes and bailed....pretty sure it was filmed by a high school class :-D
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

So, Mohawk needed Mo something?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

"After one member of her tribe sets an American camp ablaze, a young Mohawk warrior finds herself pursued by a contingent of military renegades set on revenge. Fleeing deep into the woods they call home, Oak and Calvin, along with their British companion Joshua, must now fight back against the bloodthirsty Col. Holt and his soldiers. They must use every resource that the forest can offer."

I believe you left out women's lib too.

"Mohawk is a 2017 American action horror film" (Wikipedia)

I'm sure they ment to write horrible. I've never heard of any of the cast.

"Three lovers, at the end of The War of 1812, burdened with seeing their people killed, light fire to an American encampment. Little do they realize, seven men escape the fire and track the trio down, determined to seek their own revenge." (Wikipedia)

Three lovers, a female warior and two men, let's not even go there.

It's almost difficult to believe that even liberal California Democrats could come up with a story line that far removed from reality.

"must now fight back against the bloodthirsty Colonel Holt and his soldiers - using every resource both real and supernatural that the winding forest can offer." (Rotten Tomatoes)

Wow! It gets even wierder. At 92 minutes at least you won't have to suffer long.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I understand now. Mohawk needs Mo' reality. I don't think I will bother to watch it. My fantasy movie taste runs more to things like the Blade Runner movie with Harrison Ford. Shoot, Cowboys VS Aliens was a fantasy movie which was worth seeing once.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

As a gluton for punishment, I watched it. Horrible. Just Horrible. From the Yank wearing steam punk glasses to the raccoon-makeup eyed squaw wearing a little mini-skirt. :lol: :lol: Just horrible. :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV