Cannabis Oil

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Cannabis Oil

Post by Sixgun »

Here's one that I have not seen posted here before. Legal cannabis oil that for the most part, can be bought anywhere. This has none of the intoxicating THC drug that's found in regular weed that gives you the high. The way people talk about it, it will cure many different maladies from pain, anxiety, infections, heart issues.etc...etc.

Is not cheap...my wife paid $60 for a small 1000 mg. bottle that comes with an eye dropper. 10 or 15 drops will do the trick....so they say. She has had it for several months and I have declined, calling it BS.

Fast forward to yesterday morning at the Atglen Gun Club where we were having our monthly big bore handgun silhouette shoot. My best score in the last two years has been 23 out of 40 in the open sight class....not bad but not good either. I believe the best score from anybody to that date was 28x40. No professionals here, just a bunch of regular guys who like to shoot handguns.

Anyway, in the morning, before the match I noticed my BIL with this eye dropper putting something in his mouth. I said, "what you got there Bill?". He says, "liquid weed". I said, "Gimme a hit". Well, he gave me a dose, under my tongue. Remember, this stuff does not get you high....my BIL says it relaxes you. I took the dose and forgot about it. About 15 minutes later, while practicing I could not hit anything but in an hour, by the time the "shoot for score" shots started, I was feeling very relaxed inside. I really forgot all about the hemp oil.

While shooting.....it's all offhand......I was holding the single action Ruger 357 Maximum and putting the front sight on what I wanted to hit and bam! ....down goes 8 turkeys out of 10....6 rams....7 chickens....and 10 pigs...for a total score of 31x40 I could not believe how steady I was holding, saying to myself , "dang, I have not been able to ever hold that steady." ......still forgetting about the oil.....the guys were congratulating me and I told them I must be having a good day.

I was "match winner" over about 30 other guys with the next closest score being 26x40

Then my BIL says to me, "I told you that pelosi is good." Then I remembered......and now I REALLY know why the drug companies are against it.----6

Model A Uzi’s
Ysabel Kid

Re: Cannabis Oil

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Interesting...
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

There’s two types. One is a whole plant extract and the other is pure CBD extract added to oil or wax. We’ve been giving it to our old dog for pain for almost a year and he rarely ever gets a deramax anymore. They used to be a daily thing for him. My friend’s wife uses it for he fibromyalgia so she can now sleep and only the whole plant extract (Charlottes Web) works for her. We use the balm from https://actionwipes.com with good success on acute pain. (Their action wipes are great too. No cbd)
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

3/4-ths of what's out there is made by a few companies, relabeled and distributed via multi-level marketing. Much of that stuff is marginal quality and overpriced, although patients bring it in and tell me that THEIR product is 'The Best' (cuz the glossy brochure it came with says so...!).

Must be lots of 'Best' ones out there.... :roll:

However, CBD certainly IS an effective and safe treatment for many types of pain and neurologic instabilities. Combined with MTHF supplements for those with MTHFR SNPs (about a third of the population), I've seen diabetic neuropathy GONE, and degenerative disk pain greatly reduced. If the patient has the MTHFR issue I think treating THAT should take priority, as products like Thorne's MethylGuard Plus are effective, and way less expensive than CBD. (Plus ALL young women who may become pregnant should be on a methylfolate product and NOT the usual 'prenatal vitamin', as the 1/3rd of their infants who have a MTHFR SNP Will NOT be protected from midline birth defects even if the mom's genetics are normal. The vaccination pros and cons for babies with the MTHFR SNPs are still unclear, but merit discussion with the doctor.)

So get your MTHFR genetics tested (both 677 and 1298 sites - Boston Heart Diagnostic labs does the test out-of-network for most people for 1/10th what in-network labs will typically bill the patient, although if your doctor is an 'employee' he or she may be pressured to send you to an in-network lab even though it is not legal to force you to go there), and treat that (for cardiac risk reduction as well as neurologic protection and neuropathic pain treatment of needed), plus add CBD if needed for neuropathic issues.

I'm working with a compounding pharmacist who told me about CBD way back in 2013, to make a list of 'good' products versus the garbage ones, so people don't waste money, AND I will make sure I'm NOT a middle-man, because most of what's being sold is 'ranked' more as to profit-margin than efficacy, and the ranking is like the Oscars.....they mostly award and rank themselves.

Still.....CBD is good stuff and will help a lot of people.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow...learn something new everyday......Tycer......my niece is a dog breeder of high end dogs..some kind of French bulldog...anyway, some of her breeder dogs have some sort of back trouble or other maladies......this CBD cures em all of everything........and Doc.....how would you know what is good? (Never mind..I found it)

Maybe I'll just go back to my old habits and just smoke the stuff. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Then I remembered......and now I REALLY know why the drug companies are against it.
Yep. Marijuana is a very useful herb. Nobody's ever OD'ed on it, either.

But it's not patentable, so the Big Pharma lobby is gonna fight tooth and nail to keep
it from being legalized at the Federal level. No Federal funds can be spent to research
it, either, 'cuz it's illegal at that level.

Nor is it taxable. Anybody can grow it in their backyard or sun room. Can't have people
feeling good without being taxed to death, now can we? :evil:

The time is LONG past for any prohibitions to be lifted on it.

Regarding your match results, I remember reading an old shooting manual from the early 20th century
where the recommendation was to have a belt or two before a match to "calm one's nerves." :o

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well said Stretch.......while I'm not in favor for total legalization, it should legitimate for medicinal reasons. I believe in my 20's-30's I probably smoked a barn full of the stuff.

I've tried about everything for "match nerves". From small quantities of alcohol to different nerve meds....they ALL make it worse but slowing down your reaction time. You think in your mind your calm but when your brains says, "pull the trigger" and you actually pull it, the front sight is waaaaayyyy off target. Does make it fun though after a couple of double shots of JD. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Don’t know if this is a dumb question or smart a** one, but did it make you hungry? Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:41 am Don’t know if this is a dumb question or smart a** one, but did it make you hungry? Todd/3leg
Ha! The munchies! No Todd...and I was thinking of that because "back in the day" I could eat a bucket of Reese's peanut butter cups.

No comparison at all. Just a inner peace and calmness. Real weed used to make me paranoid.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's completely legal here in WA. It wrecks my lungs. A couple times I've made some edibles for bad back pain. It seems to make a day and a half disappear. I'll never need a narcotic again and no addiction.
I have some salve that I made by steeping finely ground up "stuff" in coconut oil and when it's real concentrated, put it through a very fine screen, and I'll melt a little jar of Tiger Balm into it. Good for aching hands, and cuts and scrapes. My dog had a quarter-sized patch of what could have been a tumor and after applying it a couple times a day for a week it totally disappeared.
I don't think it's a panacea, but it's certainly useful at time.
I remember back in the 70s before the military got serious about testing that pot smokers got hungry and some of the alcoholics got violent.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Tycer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:34 pm There’s two types. One is a whole plant extract and the other is pure CBD extract added to oil or wax. We’ve been giving it to our old dog for pain for almost a year and he rarely ever gets a deramax anymore. They used to be a daily thing for him. My friend’s wife uses it for he fibromyalgia so she can now sleep and only the whole plant extract (Charlottes Web) works for her. We use the balm from https://actionwipes.com with good success on acute pain. (Their action wipes are great too. No cbd)
i have aching knees due to tissue inflammation. My doctor prescribed antiiflammitories which deal with the inflammation, But, when the inflammation goes away, the pain comes back, if the inflammation comes back the pain goes away. will the balm help with both issues i have with my knees?
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I notice there are quite a few unabashed pot smokers(eaters) here including a prominent moderator. So I have questions....Don't you have either random or scheduled drug tests at your work?.....And do you prevaricate on Line 11 e of the batfe form 4473 or do you just not buy guns ?

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to,marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
m.A.g.a. !
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

there is a medical marijuania dispensary about four miles from me. I was curious after reading this post abdout cbd extract. I sent an email about it and asking if i can get it without a prescription. here is the link if you are interested in looking about. https://somdrelief.com/products/ i will update as soon as i hear something.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ray and Rossi.....THC is the thing that illegal.....cannabis with the THC removed or produced in such a way that there is no THC in it is legal.....not legal to grow it in any way...the manufacturing/breakdown of this oil from plants........I live in Pa. and it's sold locally. Hemp rope is made from marijuana and it's legal.

Since I got involved in taking this oil...just a week now......I've talked/read about to many people who regularly use it for anxiety, depression, arthritis, pain, inflammation whatever.

Now, think about this.....as humans it's easy to think in your head whether or not something works. That's why during research on a new drug, some people are given the real deal and some are given a placebo. But...in DOGS, if they respond positively, you KNOW it works. As. I previously said, my niece is a dog breeder and after putting a few drops of this oil under their tongue of the dogs who have ailments/pain, they become alive. Tycer uses it for his dog along with other guys here and around.

My wife and I are currently testing it on one of our dogs who has a itchy skin condition.------6
Model A Uzi’s
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

rossim92 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 am
Tycer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:34 pm There’s two types. One is a whole plant extract and the other is pure CBD extract added to oil or wax. We’ve been giving it to our old dog for pain for almost a year and he rarely ever gets a deramax anymore. They used to be a daily thing for him. My friend’s wife uses it for he fibromyalgia so she can now sleep and only the whole plant extract (Charlottes Web) works for her. We use the balm from https://actionwipes.com with good success on acute pain. (Their action wipes are great too. No cbd)
Yes it’s a good shot. If you don’t like it they’ll take it back. Or I’ll buy it from you.
i have aching knees due to tissue inflammation. My doctor prescribed antiiflammitories which deal with the inflammation, But, when the inflammation goes away, the pain comes back, if the inflammation comes back the pain goes away. will the balm help with both issues i have with my knees?
Kind regards,
Tycer
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Ray wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:20 am I notice there are quite a few unabashed pot smokers(eaters) here including a prominent moderator. So I have questions....Don't you have either random or scheduled drug tests at your work?.....And do you prevaricate on Line 11 e of the batfe form 4473 or do you just not buy guns ?

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to,marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
I am not a pot smoker.
CBD is not derived from marijuana.
CBD is derived from hemp.
Hemp is not marijuana. They are different.
They are in the same family. The military bans the use of CBD. The feds are attempting to make hemp legal again.
U.S. Senate Votes To Legalize Hemp After Decades-Long Ban Under Marijuana Prohibition
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/ ... 431a3b418a
Kind regards,
Tycer
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:20 am I notice there are quite a few unabashed pot smokers(eaters) here including a prominent moderator. So I have questions....Don't you have either random or scheduled drug tests at your work?.....And do you prevaricate on Line 11 e of the batfe form 4473 or do you just not buy guns ?

What? Are gonna Narc on me? Mind your own freaking business, Man. :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
cjensen
Levergunner

Post by cjensen »

A word to the wise isn't necessary.
cjensen
Levergunner

Post by cjensen »

Man.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

cjensen wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:21 pmMan.
:wink: Bite me.
But, don't worry...I'll give your opinion every bit of consideration that I can muster. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 am Ray and Rossi.....THC is the thing that illegal.....cannabis with the THC removed or produced in such a way that there is no THC in it is legal.....not legal to grow it in any way...the manufacturing/breakdown of this oil from plants........I live in Pa. and it's sold locally. Hemp rope is made from marijuana and it's legal.

Since I got involved in taking this oil...just a week now......I've talked/read about to many people who regularly use it for anxiety, depression, arthritis, pain, inflammation whatever.

Now, think about this.....as humans it's easy to think in your head whether or not something works. That's why during research on a new drug, some people are given the real deal and some are given a placebo. But...in DOGS, if they respond positively, you KNOW it works. As. I previously said, my niece is a dog breeder and after putting a few drops of this oil under their tongue of the dogs who have ailments/pain, they become alive. Tycer uses it for his dog along with other guys here and around.

My wife and I are currently testing it on one of our dogs who has a itchy skin condition.------6
Jack, I understand the stuff you're talking about ain't mary jane but there have been posts of late that intimate outright smoking the real good strong tarry stuff bought legally in washington and oregon and california as strong or stronger than the turkish, lebanese, and egyptian hashish my shipmates used to smoke in the eighties.....I apologize for asking my questions on your post....I should have started my own post or maybe just minded my own business like the fatman advised.....

Working often 80+ hours a week and almost every holiday and being required to pee in a bottle frequently I forget that there are many here who are on the dole and don't have to work and can stay at home and light up or munch spiked brownies.....

And no fatman....I ain't no narc !
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Sixgun wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 am Ray and Rossi.....THC is the thing that illegal.....cannabis with the THC removed or produced in such a way that there is no THC in it is legal.....not legal to grow it in any way...the manufacturing/breakdown of this oil from plants........I live in Pa. and it's sold locally. Hemp rope is made from marijuana and it's legal.

Jack, I understand the stuff you're talking about ain't mary jane but there have been posts of late that intimate outright smoking the real good strong tarry stuff bought legally in washington and oregon and california as strong or stronger than the turkish, lebanese, and egyptian hashish my shipmates used to smoke in the eighties.....I apologize for asking my questions on your post....I should have started my own post or maybe just minded my own business like the fatman advised.....

Working often 80+ hours a week and almost every holiday and being required to pee in a bottle frequently I forget that there are many here who are on the dole and don't have to work and can stay at home and light up or munch spiked brownies.....

And no fatman....I ain't no narc !
:lol: Not fat, just a little under-tall for my weight. And, yes....It's best to mind your own business when you don't have any idea about somebody. BTW, Bubba, I'm retired and have earned every penny I get. Stick your "on the dole" insults where the sun don't shine. :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Come on dudes.......this post is not about gettin' it on with the buzzes nor using marijuana to cure ailments.....it's about a totally legal product made from hemp........it's apples and oranges...they are NOT the same.......I'm no biologist but from what I've read, it's made from the same plant but without the THC.....industrial marijuana....I think :D .".. From what I've read hemp has been used for centuries for things like rope. Correct me if I'm wrong....I don't know much about life except how to make babies, drive a forklift, hate illegal immigrants, and shoot old guns. :lol:

From what I've read, using CBD does not show up in tests...if your employed, dui, things of that nature. When your tested, they are looking for THC, not hemp oil. DAMM....where's Doc AJMD when I need him...clarify this, will ya Doc.

Anyway, now that I'm retired I could care less what I write....you too Blaine! We are finally free from "the man". On the other hand, even when I was working I did not care what I wrote.

My son, who is a railroad engineer told me he is not taking ANY chances with anything even remotely associated with weed. He gets pee tested as regularly as ...all the time....

The 4473 form wants to know if you use drugs or something like that. This CBD oil is not the same. You there Doc? :D

Come on baby, let's paaaarrrrtttyyy. I miss those days.......weed, beer, girls, not giving a pelosi, fast cars, laughing at other people....especially minorities and other degenerates...... :D .........----2
Model A Uzi’s
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Okay, I retired from the military last May with 35 years of living their life. I’m now full of arthritis in my back and shoulders , degenerative disk disease and so forth. I can’t sleep worth a darn either so I’m thinking of trying some. Which one is a good quality product? PM me if you would rather not post it. Thanks
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Marvin S wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 pm Okay, I retired from the military last May with 35 years of living their life. I’m now full of arthritis in my back and shoulders , degenerative disk disease and so forth. I can’t sleep worth a darn either so I’m thinking of trying some. Which one is a good quality product? PM me if you would rather not post it. Thanks
It’s in my first post
Kind regards,
Tycer
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:56 pm 3/4-ths of what's out there is made by a few companies, relabeled and distributed via multi-level marketing. Much of that stuff is marginal quality and overpriced, although patients bring it in and tell me that THEIR product is 'The Best' (cuz the glossy brochure it came with says so...!).

Must be lots of 'Best' ones out there.... :roll:

However, CBD certainly IS an effective and safe treatment for many types of pain and neurologic instabilities. Combined with MTHF supplements for those with MTHFR SNPs (about a third of the population), I've seen diabetic neuropathy GONE, and degenerative disk pain greatly reduced. If the patient has the MTHFR issue I think treating THAT should take priority, as products like Thorne's MethylGuard Plus are effective, and way less expensive than CBD. (Plus ALL young women who may become pregnant should be on a methylfolate product and NOT the usual 'prenatal vitamin', as the 1/3rd of their infants who have a MTHFR SNP Will NOT be protected from midline birth defects even if the mom's genetics are normal. The vaccination pros and cons for babies with the MTHFR SNPs are still unclear, but merit discussion with the doctor.)

So get your MTHFR genetics tested (both 677 and 1298 sites - Boston Heart Diagnostic labs does the test out-of-network for most people for 1/10th what in-network labs will typically bill the patient, although if your doctor is an 'employee' he or she may be pressured to send you to an in-network lab even though it is not legal to force you to go there), and treat that (for cardiac risk reduction as well as neurologic protection and neuropathic pain treatment of needed), plus add CBD if needed for neuropathic issues.

I'm working with a compounding pharmacist who told me about CBD way back in 2013, to make a list of 'good' products versus the garbage ones, so people don't waste money, AND I will make sure I'm NOT a middle-man, because most of what's being sold is 'ranked' more as to profit-margin than efficacy, and the ranking is like the Oscars.....they mostly award and rank themselves.

Still.....CBD is good stuff and will help a lot of people.
For us non-hypochondriacs, what is MTHFR SNP?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Truthfully, I have never smoked marijuana, nor used it in any way. No interest. However, there are medicinal uses for most of the chemicals in the plant. I would like to see some quality medical research into it for glaucoma and for the side effects of chemotherapy. As far as it being prohibited, we can leave that for the politics section. I can see that there are genuine medicinal uses for products which the pharmaceutical industry would not bother with. There are also risks and dangers to most of the legitimate medicines on the market. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ADDICTIONS TO MEDICINES WHICH ARE NOT EVEN SCHEDULED AS BEING POTENTIALLY ADDICTIVE OR I WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT COULD BE AVAILABLE. My opinion has been updated over the years from personal experience dealing with obviously addicted patients. Addiction appears to me to be more of a personality problem/body chemistry problem than from the drugs themselves.

I am more interested in reliable scientific testing than in just banning something just because of the uses some have put it to.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

piller wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 pm

I am more interested in reliable scientific testing than in just banning something just because of the uses some have put it to.
It’ll be a long time before you ever see any scientific testing. As it’s currently illegal to grow it on a federal level, access to the plant is prohibitive of any testing.
Kind regards,
Tycer
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 pmI am more interested in reliable scientific testing than in just banning something just because of the uses some have put it to.
....kind of like 'assault weapons'....it always amazes me that anyone who sees the silliness, fraud, and danger of firearms prohibition doesn't see that 'drig' prohibition is EXACTLY the same stupid and dangerous path.... :roll:

"Ray and Rossi.....THC is the thing that illegal.....cannabis with the THC removed or produced in such a way that there is no THC in it is legal.....not legal to grow it in any way...the manufacturing/breakdown of this oil from plants........I live in Pa. and it's sold locally. Hemp rope is made from marijuana and it's legal."

....think of CBD as 'de-caf' coffee.....(...and caffeine is about as 'dangerous' as marijuana....)

I don't understand why some people ('RINOs'?) think the government has the right to tell a person what to eat, drink, breathe, or who to sleep with.... On the other hamd, 'progresssssives' realize government shouldn't dictate those things, BUT insist that those who work for a living have to PAY for the stuff other people want to do. I don't accept EITHER position, which makes me either a 'true conservative' or a 'libertarian', but whatever you call me (and its ok as long as you smile when you do so), the 'war on drugs' is every bit as stupid, useless, and dangerous as the 'war on guns'. Every cop killed, college kid losing a scholarship, laborer losing his job, or child shot accidentally by a gang-banger, is a death I attribute to those who support our 'war on drugs'. :evil:

During the alcohol prohibition era, all the deaths due to the gangsters were NOT due to 'alcohol' - they were due to the PROHIBITION of alcohol. I find it fascinating how many people will sit there sipping a glass of Merlot or Jack Daniels or Budweiser, yet will say all of the lives lost are due to 'drugs'.... I guess they don't see the irony in that person who drinks alcohol making that statement. Maybe they never bothered to read history, or maybe they are just as ignorant and judgmental as the 'progressssssives'... :roll:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Marvin S wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 pm Okay, I retired from the military last May with 35 years of living their life. I’m now full of arthritis in my back and shoulders , degenerative disk disease and so forth. I can’t sleep worth a darn either so I’m thinking of trying some. Which one is a good quality product? PM me if you would rather not post it. Thanks
I'll share my answer, for what it is worth....

"The clinical/compounding pharmacy I work with stocks and recommends one called Ananda Professional, so it is one I know he has vetted and would have confidence in. If a local place doesn't stock it, perhaps they would order it for you, or you might be able to order it on-line. The guy who runs that pharmacy is incredibly smart; I graduated number one in my pharmacy school class, but I think of he had been in my class I might have been number two....!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Doc,
I learn a lot by your writings. In addition to the knowledge, I get a different perspective on a subject. Yea, the "war on drugs" is certainly a fallacy to the majority of Americans ......who believe what they are TOLD, not by thinking for themselves, which by the way, is almost obsolete in our society.

"Oh yea! Al Sharpton told me so and Louis Farrakhan backed him up! :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The entirety of the USA that drank didn't stop drinking. They just stopped getting it legally.
My thoughts on MJ do not extend to hard drugs, btw. Even in Washington, where it's legal, there is still gang violence in the MJ trade.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 pm
I'll share my answer, for what it is worth....

"The clinical/compounding pharmacy I work with stocks and recommends one called Ananda Professional, so it is one I know he has vetted and would have confidence in. If a local place doesn't stock it, perhaps they would order it for you, or you might be able to order it on-line. The guy who runs that pharmacy is incredibly smart; I graduated number one in my pharmacy school class, but I think of he had been in my class I might have been number two....!
Thanks. I found a website “25 best CBD Oils” that seems pretty good. The Ananda Pro seems to be for retail sales only but I’ll keep the brand in mind.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

As mention earlier this is NOT Cannabis oil, it's Hemp Oil and it is completely legal but it will little to nothing (closer to nothing) to help you.
However the FDA just like a day or two ago approved Cannabis CBD oil for treatment of whatever, you still won't be able buy it on the web or I'd say anywhere but the black market is frankly unbelievable. No-one smokes pot anymore they vape it or eat it in whatever an ounce around here has dropped to $120 and it's just buds vacuum packed and they are having a hard time giving it away. Additionally the vape tubes and edibles are exactly like what's in the medical dispensaries (same manufacture here) for well less then 1/2 the price.

If you have pain, CBD is NOT your answer, you need THC. There's two major strains that all the others are based from Sativa and Indica, ones a "up" and the others a "down".
You use Sativa if want to get going and Indica when your ready to call it a day.
If it's Jack Herner, Green Crack, Sour Diesel etc it's all up to try it and see which one works the best for you.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

David wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 pm As mention earlier this is NOT Cannabis oil, it's Hemp Oil and it is completely legal but it will little to nothing (closer to nothing) to help you.
However the FDA just like a day or two ago approved Cannabis CBD oil for treatment of whatever, you still won't be able buy it on the web or I'd say anywhere but the black market is frankly unbelievable
. No-one smokes pot anymore they vape it or eat it in whatever an ounce around here has dropped to $120 and it's just buds vacuum packed and they are having a hard time giving it away. Additionally the vape tubes and edibles are exactly like what's in the medical dispensaries (same manufacture here) for well less then 1/2 the price.

If you have pain, CBD is NOT your answer, you need THC. There's two major strains that all the others are based from Sativa and Indica, ones a "up" and the others a "down".
You use Sativa if want to get going and Indica when your ready to call it a day.
If it's Jack Herner, Green Crack, Sour Diesel etc it's all up to try it and see which one works the best for you.

Not true. FDA link: https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publiche ... 8.htm#safe
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

There was just something in the news about this, I'll try to find it.
Something about just CBD for seizures and ???
I didn't see a date of the FAQ.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

David wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm There was just something in the news about this, I'll try to find it.
CBD oil has not been approved for any medical use and most likely never will. The FAQ does address that a compound that can be isolated and purified or refined from from CBD oil has been approved to treat seizures. This is not different than morphine and codeine being isolated from opium and approved while opium is not approved, or digoxin isolated from digitalis for cardiac use, or other botanical derived drugs. Just because a specific compound or drug is derived from a plant, or animal for that matter, does not mean the parent plant automatically proven or considered to be safe and effective for medicinal use. Often the reverse is true.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I have a small bottle of the stuff my wife got me a few months back for my chronic back pain issues. This one has a pump top with instructions saying 2 pumps under the tongue. I tried it for several days in a row but didn't notice a change in pain level so I set it aside. A couple months later I snapped my ankle (Trimalleolar Fracture) so decided to give it another try. I did as instructed for a week but no noticeable decrease in pain. I added an extra drop to 3 total but still no effect. Maybe I'm a special case beyond what this product can do but so far no cigar.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Beaker wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm
David wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm There was just something in the news about this, I'll try to find it.
CBD oil has not been approved for any medical use and most likely never will. The FAQ does address that a compound that can be isolated and purified or refined from from CBD oil has been approved to treat seizures. This is not different than morphine and codeine being isolated from opium and approved while opium is not approved, or digoxin isolated from digitalis for cardiac use, or other botanical derived drugs. Just because a specific compound or drug is derived from a plant, or animal for that matter, does not mean the parent plant automatically proven or considered to be safe and effective for medicinal use. Often the reverse is true.
You are 100% correct. Thing is, I don't think you can find a single death related to pot use, unless, of course, asthma, or COPD or something of the sort. Pharmaceutically, it's just not that bad. Look, how many approved medicines kill people every year? Especially opioids.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I'm just trying to understand this thread I know I'm red but that doesn't mean jack ..., I just help if someone tells me to go to ... I'll smile, anyhow...

I was on Fentanyl for many years 50 mic in me, Prince died with 68.7 or something like that, I'm sure it's different but it's not good for you.
Being my age and lets says the things I care about has gotten shorter and shorter my doctor BEGGED me to try going back to some drugs that make my eye's blurry.
Those drugs also don't kill nerve pain, they kill nerve EVERYTHING.
I was quite reluctant at first but when yet another snafu with insurance co left me high and dry, that sh.t is a pain in the butt to get (at least legally as your supposed to), I told him yes.

So is this a discussion what works and doesn't work or is it a do we agree with being legal or not (or should you use it anyhow).

I didn't, I now do, and by God it does work, I suspect there's a few things in life this way...
You just don't understand chronic pain unless you experience it .

I told my kids to take my cremation in for scrap meta money.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Everybody's mind works in a different way...my tends to be a hundred miles per hour.......it's really not fun, especially when you try to relax out back but great when you have 50 things to do. Yesterday, about 7 pm, I "did" (60's term for doing drugs) about 10 drops and by 9pm my mind was creeping along and I slept very nice last night. I went to bed at 12 and got up at 10.....

I dunno if it's the CBD oil or th fact that I was plain tired but Lordy, no wake ups during the night.

As for pain, I'm sceptical .......some people claim it works.........I do know it works for dogs with arthritis pain.....dogs can't talk or think and they run around after using this oil. One dog we have has an itchy skin condition to which we have used about everything known to man to cure...but zilch.....been using this oil on the dog and he remains scratch free for something like 4 days. -----6
Model A Uzi’s
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Common anecdotal stories and folklore do not constitute scientific evidence. Federal Law requires scientific large scale (statistically valid) double blind studies that demonstrate a statistically significant response versus a control group which demonstrates a drug product's efficacy for a particular medical indication. Also studies must be conducted that demonstrate the drug product is safe when used as directed. This includes identifying the specific molecule or compound responsible for the therapeutic effect and tightly controlling the compound's strength or potency and purity to prevent underdoses and overdoses. This is why raw botanicals and crude extracts are almost never able to gain approval as marketed drug products under federal law. The strength, purity and potency simply cannot be adequately controlled to ensure lot to lot consistency and therefore adequate safety.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

BlaineG wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:23 am
You are 100% correct. Thing is, I don't think you can find a single death related to pot use, unless, of course, asthma, or COPD or something of the sort. Pharmaceutically, it's just not that bad. Look, how many approved medicines kill people every year? Especially opioids.

Blaine do your research. That is like saying no one has died from alcohol. The pot use is well documented for causing fatal accidents, workplace accidents and long term use has been linked to schizophrenia among other things. Driving a vehicle is while using pot is considered a DUI offense because it affects the CNS and reflexes, just like alcohol and other drugs. While pot use is not as nearly addictive as opiates or nicotine pot use can still be addictive to some people.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Beaker wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 pm
BlaineG wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:23 am

Blaine do your research. That is like saying no one has died from alcohol. The pot use is well documented for causing fatal accidents, workplace accidents and long term use has been linked to schizophrenia among other things. Driving a vehicle is while using pot is considered a DUI offense because it affects the CNS and reflexes, just like alcohol and other drugs. While pot use is not as nearly addictive as opiates or nicotine pot use can still be addictive to some people.
Again, you're correct with what you said. What "I" said was "Pharmaceutically". There's a huge difference between getting high and having an accident and staying home and dying from smoking or eating it. Alcohol and Opioids will kill you with an overdose. Please find a pot overdose death. Maybe if you ate a half pound?? At any rate, I did due diligence trying to find an overdose death and could only find an 11 month kid that had a seizure after getting into someone's stash. Who knows what two large pizzas and a bag of chips might to to ya, tho... :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Beaker,
Thank you for your expertise for giving me a different perspective on CBD oil....and other things as well. I guess "scientific" is the key word here.

In my youth I've smoked plenty of weed and drank bucket loads of alcohol......if I had to say which one was more dangerous to drive with I'd have to say weed.......light to moderate amounts......I did these things when I knew no better and cops really did not care...they just took our stash and sent us home....late sixties, early seventies....different days :D Funny thing, with weed, I'd be driving 20 mph in a 55 mph zone......so spaced out I could not tell how fast I was driving.

I have another match tomorrow......gonna try the oil again.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Blaine, Internet research is not what you need to do. You need to look at scientific, professional and trade journals to find the relevant literature, which are usually not available free to the general public on the internet. As for dosing, without the scientific studies being performed, how do you know how much is a safe therapeutic dose for your body mass size, without risking under or worse an overdose, how often to dose, etc.? Is the information given on the bottle label or supplied circular of CBD oil for whatever medical indication you are using it for? What are the long term risks and chronic effects and side effects of using CBD oil, are they listed on the the bottle? What contraindications are listed or reasons CBD oil use should be avoided? How much supervision is required by qualified medical personnel to ensure the drug is safe and efficacious for the patient? Pharmaceutical marketed drug products have these questions answered before they are allowed to be marketed. These safety questions require years of testing, research and the expenditure of hundreds of millions of dollars (or more) for every drug compound released to the market. After a drug product is released to market strict monitoring must be performed to document and study adverse effects such as adverse patient reactions, various medical complaints, lack of efficacy complaints, etc. These complaints and findings a required to be reported to the FDA. This is not true of CBD oil or of other non approved drugs or "supplements". This is a major reason why you cannot cannot find information on the internet documenting the adverse effects of using CBD oil; because the data is not systematically captured and documented as it is required for approved marketed drug products.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Beaker wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 pm Blaine, Internet research is not what you need to do. You need to look at scientific, professional and trade journals to find the relevant literature, which are usually not available free to the general public on the internet. As for dosing, without the scientific studies being performed, how do you know how much is a safe therapeutic dose for your body mass size, without risking under or worse an overdose, how often to dose, etc.? Is the information given on the bottle label or supplied circular of CBD oil for whatever medical indication you are using it for? What are the long term risks and chronic effects and side effects of using CBD oil, are they listed on the the bottle? What contraindications are listed or reasons CBD oil use should be avoided? How much supervision is required by qualified medical personnel to ensure the drug is safe and efficacious for the patient? Pharmaceutical marketed drug products have these questions answered before they are allowed to be marketed. These safety questions require years of testing, research and the expenditure of hundreds of millions of dollars (or more) for every drug compound released to the market. After a drug product is released to market strict monitoring must be performed to document and study adverse effects such as adverse patient reactions, various medical complaints, lack of efficacy complaints, etc. These complaints and findings a required to be reported to the FDA. This is not true of CBD oil or of other non approved drugs or "supplements". This is a major reason why you cannot cannot find information on the internet documenting the adverse effects of using CBD oil; because the data is not systematically captured and documented as it is required for approved marketed drug products.
Ok, you win. 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, just got back from our monthly levergun silhouette match. I did the 15 drops before the match and somewhere along the way, I managed to slip another 10-15 drops under the tongue.

You should have seen me shoot! I'm proud to say that the majority of shots hit the dirt and not the steel like they were supposed to. Same for my BIL.....we were both pretty much worthless.

Back to the drawing board.---6
Model A Uzi’s
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

These safety questions require years of testing, research and the expenditure of hundreds of millions of dollars (or more) for every drug compound released to the market. After a drug product is released to market strict monitoring must be performed to document and study adverse effects such as adverse patient reactions, various medical complaints, lack of efficacy complaints, etc. These complaints and findings a required to be reported to the FDA.
You are correct in all of that, Beaker.

Many of those studies are funded in the end by Big Pharma. They pay the universities to come up with
the results that they want. Some of the results of those studies are "tweaked." The studies conducted
for Zoloft, Prozac, and Vioxx are three that come immediately to mind. Homicidal ideation for the first
two - (and other psychotropic drugs), and heart attacks for Vioxx were all known side effects, but the
results were deliberately misreported so that the drugs could go to market. Greed trumps the well-being
of American citizens. (Do a little bit of research about the current organic vs. synthetic insulin scam if
you don't believe me.) The penalties for misreporting are simply a cost of doing business, and Big Pharma
can well afford the fines. No one goes to jail.

Note that such studies for cannabis are illegal to conduct. How very convenient for Big Pharma! :shock:
Cannabis has been known for decades to ease pain and restore appetite in cancer patients undergoing
chemotherapy. It's also very effective in the treatment of long-term chronic pain with many fewer
side effects than narcotics. It's also impossible to overdose on marijuana, unlike alcohol, codeine,
oxycontin, methadone, morphine, heroin, fentanyl, etc.. It's virtually certain that the sort of studies
you talk about would confirm all of this; but as long as the Big Pharma lobby has a chokehold on
Congress and the shareholders' greed continues to make profit a bigger priority than national health,
the needed studies will never happen. There's no corporate money in an herb that sick people can
grow in their own homes, so there will be no funding for transparent, independent studies to prove
or disprove it's effectiveness.

-Tom
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Note that such studies for cannabis are illegal to conduct. How very convenient for Big Pharma! :shock:
Cannabis has been known for decades to ease pain and restore appetite in cancer patients undergoing
chemotherapy. It's also very effective in the treatment of long-term chronic pain with many fewer
side effects than narcotics. It's also impossible to overdose on marijuana, unlike alcohol, codeine,
oxycontin, methadone, morphine, heroin, fentanyl, etc.. It's virtually certain that the sort of studies
you talk about would confirm all of this; but as long as the Big Pharma lobby has a chokehold on
Congress and the shareholders' greed continues to make profit a bigger priority than national health,
the needed studies will never happen. There's no corporate money in an herb that sick people can
grow in their own homes, so there will be no funding for transparent, independent studies to prove
or disprove it's effectiveness.
It's falling on deaf ears. :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV